More WJ layoffs

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: More WJ layoffs

Post by ALPApolicy »

ALPApolicy wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:06 pm Ok, I'll post my reply to you here, so you can read it.

You should care if Encore is sold. Or if WJ buys Transat or Sunwing. That PTA agreement might not matter very much once the merger agreement negotiations happen between the pilot groups. Those other pilot groups might care a bit more about adherence to ALPA Policy and the Constitution and Bylaws than did the WJ MEC.

But that's a discussion for another day. Or not.

Take care.

John
That day did come much sooner than I thought. What I didn't know at the time I wrote this was that the PTA, which I hadn't read until a month ago, was a POS document. It is so poorly written.

If only the CC (Clown Committee) that negotiated the PTA had asked one ex-military officer at WJ to proof read this document. Was Czaba busy? Or any of a dozen competent ex-RCAF pilots who were skilled in military writing? It is so poorly written. What exactly is the process that gets an agreement negotiated and agreed to at ALPA? Do they have legal counsel who can vet the agreement?
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “WestJet”