Winter 2021 Service Suspension

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

a2btrail
Rank 3
Rank 3

Winter 2021 Service Suspension

Post by a2btrail »

As most are aware....

Air Transat today announced it will suspend All Toronto flights for the rest of the winter season till April 30th.

Air Transat will continue to operate flights from Montreal to six international destinations only.

"Continued travel restrictions and the numerous measures imposed by the federal government, including the requirement to present a negative COVID-19 test and to quarantine upon return to Canada, have had a significant impact on our bookings," said Cabana.

I have a few friends and family members who had made the jump to AT late in 2018 and 2019. They are saying that if you are JR at AT even if the merger is to go through there is a high probability and sense that their jobs will not be saved. Can anyone shed light on this for the long term? or willing to give sound advice for JR staff. Most of the people I know from last year are transitioning out of aviation all together and most likely will not return.
---------- ADS -----------

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Winter 2021 Service Suspension

Post by Fanblade »

a2btrail wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:51 pm As most are aware....

Air Transat today announced it will suspend All Toronto flights for the rest of the winter season till April 30th.

Air Transat will continue to operate flights from Montreal to six international destinations only.

"Continued travel restrictions and the numerous measures imposed by the federal government, including the requirement to present a negative COVID-19 test and to quarantine upon return to Canada, have had a significant impact on our bookings," said Cabana.

I have a few friends and family members who had made the jump to AT late in 2018 and 2019. They are saying that if you are JR at AT even if the merger is to go through there is a high probability and sense that their jobs will not be saved. Can anyone shed light on this for the long term? or willing to give sound advice for JR staff. Most of the people I know from last year are transitioning out of aviation all together and most likely will not return.
No. They will end up on a common seniority list with AC pilots. They will get offered employment when their turn comes up for recall.

It’s when that happens. AC itself averages over 100 pilots a year retiring.

Curiousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Curiousflyer »

AirCanada projected 1300 block holders before the Caribbean Mexico cuts (about 15 destinations) for Feb.
AC has 3600 active, 200 surplus, 600 furlough
TRZ now has 600+ now on temporary layoff, so I mean if you’re at the bottom of either list - it might be time for a new career. Canadians don’t care about you and the Federal government refuses to stick up for you.
Pick up the pieces and move on.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Consider law enforcement. Doesn’t take too long to reach 100k/yr, DB pensions mostly, and guaranteed job security. With the dark future ahead, crime will only go up.

Let’s Go Brandon
GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

Ac had 600 furloughs with 200 that just got recalled with the new MOA no? So down to 400. That’s effectively a 2019 hire.

I doubt any junior will have much to worry about as far as recalls go.

The more immediate concern is whether they can weather the storm between 10 months ago and the recall.

To the ones leaving, they’re just creating room for the up and coming juniors who will gladly replace them.

Things may look bleak at the moment, but the enormous level of bs you see on here is astronomical.

Trying to find certainty in a situation that is uncertain (was always uncertain) is like trying to fart in a hurricane.

My prediction is opposite. When this shit blows over, we are back to 6 month upgrades at Air Canada and all those contestants who left aviation will be kicking themselves for not sticking with it. I don’t blame them though. Pilots are victims of control. When they’re not in control, they do some amazing things to regain control, which right now means leaving aviation for some.

Then there are the non-trolls that are applying to be part of flair airs 13 fleet expansion before they leave aviation. Call a spade a spade before you write bs on here, trolls.

Good luck to all.

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

Inverted2 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:37 pm Consider law enforcement. Doesn’t take too long to reach 100k/yr, DB pensions mostly, and guaranteed job security. With the dark future ahead, crime will only go up.
As will the likelihood of your death as LE. I guess what ever to make six figures eh? I hear prostitution is also popular. Time to do those sit ups quagmire.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

GATRKGA wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:25 pm
Inverted2 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:37 pm Consider law enforcement. Doesn’t take too long to reach 100k/yr, DB pensions mostly, and guaranteed job security. With the dark future ahead, crime will only go up.
As will the likelihood of your death as LE. I guess what ever to make six figures eh? I hear prostitution is also popular. Time to do those sit ups quagmire.
Oh please. How many cops die a year on the job in Canada? Maybe just stay at home and play video games and collect welfare if you are that scared of life.

Let’s Go Brandon
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

There you go: 3 in 2020. How many pilots died on the job in 2020? Definitely more than 3.

https://www.memorialribbon.org/honour-roll/?yod=2020

Let’s Go Brandon
landshark
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by landshark »

600 still furloughed and 0 recalled. 194 surplus pilots still on property will be given positions back at the company, pending vote results which closes Monday.

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

Inverted2 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:38 pm
GATRKGA wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:25 pm
Oh please. How many cops die a year on the job in Canada? Maybe just stay at home and play video games and collect welfare if you are that scared of life.
Lol so black and white. I do not think the credit card economy is the way to go, but neither is law enforcement. Whatever to pay the bills though. Good luck!

Return to “Air Transat”