Mandatory PCR Test and 3 Day Hotel Quarantine

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Mandatory PCR Test and 3 Day Hotel Quarantine

Post by McKinley »

Rockie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:28 pm
twa22 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:21 pm Seriously, you contribute absolutly nothing to this forum other then calling everyone out on what according to you is bullshit, on top of continuously belittling those who disagree with you and essentially calling them idiots and acting as if you know everything
You haven't been reading my posts correctly, I call out bullshit and idiots and ridicule them. I'm quite open about that as well as the fact I don't know anything about infectious diseases. That's what you guys think you know everything about which is why I ridicule you. You're pilots. You fly airplanes. And while you might be aces at that you know shit about infectious disease pandemics and how to deal with them.

You beg for ridicule.

So, if my opinion does not align with yours I shall be ridiculed ?

Resorting to name calling, ridicule is not the hallmark of a heathy discussion.

It’s true, I am not an infectious disease expert. But I have a family, have friends who have lost small businesses while big box stores operate with impunity.

I also know of people who have lost careers and they don’t know how they are going to put food on the table. I have my own concerns amidst this crisis.

I also have known people who have had COVID and have lost family members to this disease.

I have a valid human experience as you do

I also have an education ...

Just because I’m an airline pilot does not mean I don’t know anything about crisis management and making tough calls.
---------- ADS -----------

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

The deniers are forgetting, again. It is not about deaths, or how it affects those under 40, or anything like that, it is about not overwhelming the health system with those that DO get very ill. It is not a difficult concept. No government in the world WANTS to tank aviation or anything else in the economy. Now, do the Russians or the Chinese benefit from mayhem, and internet disinformation? That is another question...

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

ayseven wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:06 pm The deniers are forgetting, again. It is not about deaths, or how it affects those under 40, or anything like that, it is about not overwhelming the health system with those that DO get very ill. It is not a difficult concept. No government in the world WANTS to tank aviation or anything else in the economy. Now, do the Russians or the Chinese benefit from mayhem, and internet disinformation? That is another question...
Quite correct. Exactly that(overwhelmed health care system) happened in Italy this time last year with very disturbing consequences.

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

The difference between this aviation downturn and others, is that people get all riled up with the internet. Before, you just blamed yourself because you didn't get a good job, when it was just bad luck and timing. Testing and quarantines allow people to fly. That has to be a good thing, no?

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

What provinces in Canada have taken any substantial steps to better handle healthcare during the pandemic? And I don't mean telling people to not get sick by staying home. What have they done, not to prevent a second wave, but to prepare to give treatment during a second wave?

In Ontario our ICU capacity hasn't grown. We keep hearing about how its overwhelmed every year regardless of covid. The advantage of keeping people working is huge. We could better fund healthcare. Better funding healthcare would also be better for the potential of another pandemic event. Instead it's like we do nothing but talk about sourcing PPE, nothing substantial. The economy will take a beating, the health system will likely not improve in meaningful ways. Our next pandemic plan is SALT.

I seriously thought the end of the pandemic was when humanity showed their resilience. Having serious doubts if this is now how we emerge.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Rockie wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:30 pm And 2.4 million people are dead. Don't forget that.
Counted over 2 seasons, and many of those aren't directly linked to the coronavirus. That's per CDC. Those people could have died of any cause, but if they so much had a sniffle, it can be categorized as COVID. Again, that's the official guidance. No other illness was ever counted like this. Math itself cannot lie, but the officials that change n and N have you tricked.

OTSS. Only The Strong Survive. Say NO to state intervention into every minute aspect of your life.
Boomers don't need to live forever, and neither do people that abuse their health. My family and I shouldn't have to pay for your hedonistic, narcissistic desires. If you want to be taken care of, stay the F inside and call your family to help. Don't bother us, we have our own families to care for.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

ayseven wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:06 pm it is about not overwhelming the health system with those that DO get very ill
If they cared about health and system capacity, they could have easily set up temporary triage centres to weed out the ill from the healthy. They could have set up temporary facilities for the ill as well. The military is very good at doing this in the field, so there's no excuse.
Additionally, they knew that pandemics could happen and should have prepared. "Never let a good crisis go to waste."
Now, do the Russians or the Chinese benefit from mayhem, and internet disinformation?
The primary disinformation campaign is the one that says a common cold is going to kill us all. By the looks of it, they've got half of you tricked pretty well.

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

ReserveTank wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:22 pm
GhostRider6 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:54 pm
ReserveTank wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:06 am

Counted over 2 seasons, and many of those aren't directly linked to the coronavirus. That's per CDC. Those people could have died of any cause, but if they so much had a sniffle, it can be categorized as COVID. Again, that's the official guidance. No other illness was ever counted like this. Math itself cannot lie, but the officials that change n and N have you tricked.

OTSS. Only The Strong Survive. Say NO to state intervention into every minute aspect of your life.
Boomers don't need to live forever, and neither do people that abuse their health. My family and I shouldn't have to pay for your hedonistic, narcissistic desires. If you want to be taken care of, stay the F inside and call your family to help. Don't bother us, we have our own families to care for.
How is “your family paying” for pray tell?
Families pay through extensive restrictions on their lives. If one has family overseas, it's extremely difficult now. These restrictions cause major expenses and stresses. Others are affected by joblessness.
How do you plan to take care of your family? By flaunting the law? You’re putting your family in grave danger by the sounds of it.
By being with them and providing for them. It's a man's top priority, regardless.
Flaunting the law-I love it when you guys feel that the state has your back. It's why you speak with impunity and contempt for your neighbour- at least for the moment.
Grave danger? What danger? A cold. WOW. They've managed to dumb down society to the point where a common cold is linked to some kind of "morality."

So YOU stay out of danger and stay home. I'll live life.
1) what joblessness ? How are people paying in this regard? People should have scrimped and saved!!

2) if you have family overseas that not “ essential” that’s their problem and poor planning.

If it’s not : breathing, eating or drinking. ( your basic rights) it’s not a necessity and it’s a privilege.

3) Staying at home increases expenses? How? Self medicating on Amazon? Or alcoholism? Lockdowns discourage : driving,flying, and consuming. Period. Lockdowns have been helping society as a whole and children and making families more resilient and healthy.

3B) If you’re so worried about income.. you have options Get a job at a essential service : gas station, grocery store, garbage man, truck driver, police officer, janitor, military, peace officer, tech... You can easily get a job doing something else other than flying in two seconds you guys are skilled . Take care of your family ..! Sometimes, this means swallowing one’s pride and doing the right thing.. and letting go of ones ego and image..

3C) You don’t need to be a pilot or anything aviation right now. The free market is being dictated by social policy and right now the policy is that pilots/ aviation workers are not required. Aviation is not required. Period. There’s ZERO reason to have planes in the air. Canada nearly did a full ground stop similar to 9/11. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YduMzabasXI

3D) I differ from The Honorable transport minister.. I think the military coups have easily filled the void and all aircraft in Canada could and should have been grounded.

4) you can be with your kids in lockdown! You should have more time given that you aren’t working potentially. This should help their and your mental health.

5) providing for them ( your family) : you are provided for ... there’s Mr. Honorable Prime Minister’s “handouts”. ( aka CEWS/ CERB). There’s absolutely nothing to justify needing to be out and about. If you can’t survive on CERB/ CEWS ..this sounds like a you problem and you need to learn to budget... or should have picked a different career.

6) Danger of overwhelming the healthcare system, killing others, developing permanent and debilitating health complications. (Where you won’t be able to go to work
anyways)

7) Women can’t work ? A “ man” top priority .. eh? What about YOU looking after kids? Are you not capable of doing this? Can your wife not work?

Stay the F$&@ at home!

Last edited by GhostRider6 on Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

ReserveTank wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:31 pm
We had a civilized society until your cheap Western pop psychology took over. Your type never learned anything about history, and we are paying for it. The West is essentially having its Red October, and you guys are the useful innocents/idiots. You're told that anyone who stands up/opposes must be some kind of conspiracy theorist. You lap it up like a thirsty pup. You should read Solzhenitsyn, you'll understand the strong parallels. The useful idiots ended up shoveling railroads in -30 alongside the "conspiracy theorists" that they helped to put in there. Imagine what happened when their eyes met.
Certifiably crazy.

kgb531
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kgb531 »

Lol. This thread. When pilots forget that 95% of us have a 2 year diploma or less for education. If we were smart enough to be epidemiologists, we would be epidemiologists. This is what happens when people think they can "read stuff good" but lack the awareness that they lack both the required education and mental capabilities to understand anything related to the subject.

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

Let’s say Aviation is essential ... whats stopping the Canadian military/ US military from delivering necessary supplies jointly?

Commerical air is simply not needed at this time.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Rockie wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:57 pm
ReserveTank wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:31 pm
We had a civilized society until your cheap Western pop psychology took over. Your type never learned anything about history, and we are paying for it. The West is essentially having its Red October, and you guys are the useful innocents/idiots. You're told that anyone who stands up/opposes must be some kind of conspiracy theorist. You lap it up like a thirsty pup. You should read Solzhenitsyn, you'll understand the strong parallels. The useful idiots ended up shoveling railroads in -30 alongside the "conspiracy theorists" that they helped to put in there. Imagine what happened when their eyes met.
Certifiably crazy.
It sounds crazy to the unlearned.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

GhostRider6 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:39 pm

what joblessness ? How are people paying in this regard? People should have scrimped and saved!!
Sure, no one in the world lost their jobs due to the coronahoax. The entire planet is reeling from job losses. EI is going to run out. Some people can save, but this isn't 1954-If you have a family and a middle income, it's quite difficult.
if you have family overseas that not “ essential” that’s their problem and poor planning.
Many people commute overseas for their immediate family. It is usually a well-planned lifestyle. Why should sniffles get between them and their kids?
Lockdowns have been helping society as a whole and children and making families more resilient and healthy.
Except that kids now have an abnormal social life. Kids have to interact with other kids for normal psychological and physical growth. So NO.
If it’s not : breathing, eating or drinking. ( your basic rights) it’s not a necessity and it’s a privilege.
Scratch breathing off of the list. Better check the Charter. Seems there was something in there about moving around, place to place.
Women can’t work ? A “ man” top priority .. eh? What about YOU looking after kids? Are you not capable of doing this? Can your wife not work?
Young children need their mom at home. Not a sitter, and certainly not the TV or a tablet. Dad is not Mom. So, no.
all aircraft in Canada could and should have been grounded
I agree. But we also need to end EI immediately. These flight crews have had over a year to find a job. They could...
Get a job at a essential service : gas station, grocery store, garbage man, truck driver, police officer, janitor, military, peace officer, tech
you can be with your kids in lockdown!
If fact, last year was good with reduced credit hour options. But it can't go on like that forever. We (all) have to make a living and have a purpose in life. It's the part of mental health that Western psychology dodges.
Danger of overwhelming the healthcare system, killing others, developing permanent and debilitating health complications.
That's a risk we take by virtue of being alive. The flu and other types of colds kill millions every year. A few guys want to profit off of injections and all of the sudden it matters. And the part about the healthcare system-Once again, if they REALLY cared, they would have increased capacity after 2009. But 2009 was a nothingburger also.
Stay the F$&@ at home!
Never. We went to Mexico twice this winter already. Getting sun, swimming with the family, and not wearing masks.

Curiousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Curiousflyer »

GhostRider6 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:29 pm Let’s say Aviation is essential ... whats stopping the Canadian military/ US military from delivering necessary supplies jointly?

This is such a clueless statement. Commercial air has saved countless lives since the pandemic started. You really need to spend 5 minutes looking at the world economy, trade, and how things actually make it onto the shelves at stores.
Need a kidney transplant? That’s coming by air
Need new clothes? That’s coming by air
Need new electronics? That’s coming by air
Need pharmaceuticals? That’s coming by air

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Curiousflyer wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:37 am
GhostRider6 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:29 pm Let’s say Aviation is essential ... whats stopping the Canadian military/ US military from delivering necessary supplies jointly?

This is such a clueless statement. Commercial air has saved countless lives since the pandemic started. You really need to spend 5 minutes looking at the world economy, trade, and how things actually make it onto the shelves at stores.
I think that guy is obviously a troll and doesn’t even work in aviation. Praising JT, advocating for all air traffic being shut down, endless lockdowns etc. Just ignore them. They’re just getting their kicks posting gibberish on here and getting reactions from people(kind).

Let’s Go Brandon
whipline
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by whipline »

Post your age groups. I bet the restrictions group are old. The against group are young.

PS your not changing anyone’s minds. The old are fearful of death. The young don’t care. Stats prove both correct.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

whipline wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:50 am The old are fearful of death.
Stereotype which you know nothing about. The people I know are just more thoughtful and capable of thinking beyond their own selfish little world. They tolerate inconvenience for the greater good because they know what the greater good is. Many people here don't have a clue and refuse to believe it when they're told.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Rockie wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:56 am
whipline wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:50 am The old are fearful of death.
Stereotype which you know nothing about. The people I know are just more thoughtful and capable of thinking beyond their own selfish little world. They tolerate inconvenience for the greater good because they know what the greater good is. Many people here don't have a clue and refuse to believe it when they're told.
Ontario loses over 350k jobs in 2020, small inconvenience for the greater good... I think I’m starting to see it rockie 😂... if you say it enough times it starts to sound true.

Trematode
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Trematode »

Curiousflyer wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:37 am
[...]

Don't need Coronavirus? Too bad, that already came to us all by air.

whipline
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by whipline »

Stereotyping statistics? How old are you Rockie? Clearly from your posts your terrified of Covid.

Is it my responsibility to keep you safe? Is it your responsibility? Is it the governments? Are your underlying health conditions (if you have any)my responsibility? Yours? Governments?

I’m not young but I’m smart enough to realize wash your hands, wear a mask, don’t touch your face, don’t hit up Home Depot and your not getting Covid. I don’t care what you or anyone else does. I assume everyone around me has Covid and act accordingly.

Open things up, don’t open things up. I don’t care. If I get Covid there’s only one person to blame. Myself!

Return to “Covid”