Interesting airplane ads

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Interesting airplane ads

Post by digits_ »

Facebook shows me some airplane for sale ads every now and then.

I saw this one pop up today: https://www.spectrumairways.ca/aircraft ... essna-185f

About 300k for a Cessna 185 with a high time engine. Is it just me or is this just insane? :rolleyes:
Sounds like a case of "let's add all the maintenance bills since I bought the plane and sell it for that price".

Seems like covid has some weird effects on everyone!
---------- ADS -----------

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Interesting airplane ads

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

I saw that one last night and thought to myself “wow is this seller ever out to lunch or what!?!”

Nice radios though...

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Its too much but not out to lunch. Those planes command a pretty penny. New paint and avionics. The A185 is way better than the original 185's.

Maybe $200k USD?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

A lot of $$$ considering the engine has 1530 SMOH. Nice looking plane otherwise though.

Let’s Go Brandon
New Antique Pilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by New Antique Pilot »

I think the asking prices of Cessna 180, 182, and 185 floatplanes are going up.

Barnstormers has a listing for a Cessna 180 floatplane asking $180k. Ad says it was sold.
They also had a listing for a Cessna 185 Amphib, asking $415k. Ad says sold.

NAP

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

New Antique Pilot wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:37 pm I think the asking prices of Cessna 180, 182, and 185 floatplanes are going up.

Barnstormers has a listing for a Cessna 180 floatplane asking $180k. Ad says it was sold.
They also had a listing for a Cessna 185 Amphib, asking $415k. Ad says sold.

NAP
More of the "look, I'm trying to sell my plane" shenanigans no doubt.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Well, looks like they dropped the price to 250k, it's a bargain now ;-)

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

After the 2008 economic crash there was a lot of pressure from investors for companies to sell their jets. A guy in the states set up brokerage with a unique specialty. You paid him a monthly fee to not sell your jet.

He did a really good job of looking like he was really trying but he would find a way to screw up every deal. However the company execs could claim that they were actively working to divest the airplane while still using it. :D

His claim to fame was that he represented almost 100 sellers and had a perfect record, he did not have one successful sale 8)

Castorero
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Castorero »

Interesting post...

"Look honey,I am doing the best I can to sell the airplane..." when the seller has no intention of selling at all.

If you get embroiled in one of these time wasting scams, find out if the wife is on the title and give her a call.

Chances are she has no clue that hubby has been sabotaging the sale and wasting your time and money.
She will be your best bet in winning the war...

I should write a short story on the three year scam one of those jokers almost got away with, before the lights went on and the gloves came off...

BGH
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BGH »

The other side of the coin for people like myself who have owned their 185’s for many years(37 plus for myself) - the insurance companies are seeing these adds & suggesting that your are under insured so if you follow their recommendation & your insurance costs go way up.

Daryl

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

Covid has driven the prices of anything recreational way up, whether it’s boat, quad, sled or airplane they are way more expensive since it hit.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

After the 2008 economic crash there was a lot of pressure from investors for companies to sell their jets. A guy in the states set up brokerage with a unique specialty. You paid him a monthly fee to not sell your jet.
And that slots right in at the number three position in the “business ideas I wish I’d thought of” leaderboard. Fantastic.

Someone is asking $145k on this forum for a mid time 1973 Cardinal with a completely run out engine. Wowza!

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

photofly wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:55 am
And that slots right in at the number three position in the “business ideas I wish I’d thought of” leaderboard. Fantastic.

Someone is asking $145k on this forum for a mid time 1973 Cardinal with a completely run out engine. Wowza!
I thought maybe the 1 was a typo... $45k sounds much more realistic as an asking price, although even that is high for a 2100 TT engine.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

And a registration that doesn't exist :roll:

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

i came here just to comment on that. Must have a typo. Flashy new paint isn't worth 100k more. I imagine it has the original avionics too.

laminar
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by laminar »

The market is so full of perfumed up pigs its crazy. Every time I see a good deal it sells right away and pops back up for sale by the next owner for 10-20k more too. That has been super common during this pandemic too. Lots of sellers who have only owned their aircraft for a few months when you run the registrations

W5
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by W5 »

BFB7EF64-71CC-42BC-8191-B2F7D95C3DFD.jpeg.88a0bdb5991c95deca2a4db91ef2c49a.jpeg
BFB7EF64-71CC-42BC-8191-B2F7D95C3DFD.jpeg.88a0bdb5991c95deca2a4db91ef2c49a.jpeg (713.4 KiB) Viewed 1989 times

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Another one:
https://canadianplanetrade.ca/classifie ... new-engine

150k CAD for a Grumman tiger. But hey, it has a new 40k engine and a Garmin 430 with WAAS!

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

laminar wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:25 pm The market is so full of perfumed up pigs its crazy. Every time I see a good deal it sells right away and pops back up for sale by the next owner for 10-20k more too. That has been super common during this pandemic too. Lots of sellers who have only owned their aircraft for a few months when you run the registrations
I’m guessing this bubble has good and popped by now.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Probably about to be some good water damaged aircraft sales in Florida soon, imagine being out of annual now and trying to get it running in time to head for higher ground.

Return to “General Comments”