Canada Helicopter Industry 2021 season

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Choppermech1986
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Canada Helicopter Industry 2021 season

Post by Choppermech1986 »

I've never heard of a TFW wrenching in Canada. What kind of nationality and who were they working for? Are you sure they were a TFW and not a Permanent Resident.
---------- ADS -----------

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Choppermech1986 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:39 am I've never heard of a TFW wrenching in Canada. What kind of nationality and who were they working for? Are you sure they were a TFW and not a Permanent Resident.
Definitely tfw (just there for the season) and I’m not going to single out the employers. They were from a couple southern continents, both of them, not sure how they got Aca or even if they had it for that matter

Choppermech1986
Rank 2
Rank 2

Well, you've just claimed that there were a lot of TFW's working this season, and even insinuated that there may have also been foreigners here working illegally. I think you should either put up, and allow a company to defend your claims, or shut up. Better yet, call the CBSA and tell them that you think people are working illegally in Canada. We don't need that here.

With the Covid requirements earlier this year, it was only essential workers who would have been permitted to travel for most of the season. The bottom line is that you weren't getting into Canada on a tourist visa (and then turning wrenches as you suspect) before about August.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Choppermech1986 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:29 pm Well, you've just claimed that there were a lot of TFW's working this season, and even insinuated that there may have also been foreigners here working illegally. I think you should either put up, and allow a company to defend your claims, or shut up. Better yet, call the CBSA and tell them that you think people are working illegally in Canada. We don't need that here.

With the Covid requirements earlier this year, it was only essential workers who would have been permitted to travel for most of the season. The bottom line is that you weren't getting into Canada on a tourist visa (and then turning wrenches as you suspect) before about August.

It’s what THEY told me and that is a fact (they aren’t from Canada or reside here and only working here for the season).
Yes essential workers could only work cross border at that point in time (myself included as I still do legally with visas) as aircraft maintenance is deemed essential. I mentioned no names of companies as there’s no reason to, but it is something that happened (legal or not I don’t know but definitely not Canadian residents as the two I met told me).

I insinuated no such thing, I said I WONDER if they were here legally and had the appropriate licenses, anyone born and raised in Canada would question that in these circumstances, and no I won’t shut up thank you, I happen to know a thing or two about this subject.

Pilots and ames flying and fixing here for the fire season as TFW’s are probably condoned due to fires being essential emergency services. I don’t know what the caveats are to those circumstances, what I do know is you need some sort of visa to work here in Canada or in the USA if you’re going to be generating an income, to that fact I am well versed, wether it’s a Canadian registered machine or not. I’ve worked in several countries in my career and each had its own unique set of circumstances and hoops to jump through to do so properly (some several months in advance of the job).

Calling CBSA regarding something I don’t know the exact particulars to is ridiculous, unless I had cogent reasons to do so, which I certainly did not.
There was a rush mid - late summer with fires that were out
of hand, the tail end of which is when I met these guys (August - September). I too had never seen foreign (TFW) technicians in Canada before short of tech reps from the USA.

Either way aviation is considered an essential service, that’s how I was allowed cross border for work during the thick of COVID19 lockdowns in 2020-21. I have no idea why a tourism visa would have any kind of bearing on this situation as it is probably not what would be issued for these “seasonal international workers” as one person put it. Under these circumstances a Employer-specific work permit would likely be issued (I’ve dealt with this as a manager many moons ago).

There was no suspicion to them working on aircraft as I physically saw them doing so. How do you find working in other countries these days? If anything COVID19 has made things easier going through airports and flying (less people). The NAAT tests are annoying, but overall I’ve found it easier.

Choppermech1986
Rank 2
Rank 2

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Choppermech1986 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:04 am Image
That’s intelligent

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:44 pm
Choppermech1986 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:04 am Image
That’s intelligent
I noticed something similar about a month ago in northern Canada. This season (2022) is shaping out very weirdly

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Heliian wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:41 am Hiring in the industry begins in the early spring . Already several jobs opened up for pilots and ames.

I am still cautiously optimistic about the industry, tourism be damned.
A d most of those jobs are still vacant

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:38 pm
Choppermech1986 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:29 pm Well, you've just claimed that there were a lot of TFW's working this season, and even insinuated that there may have also been foreigners here working illegally. I think you should either put up, and allow a company to defend your claims, or shut up. Better yet, call the CBSA and tell them that you think people are working illegally in Canada. We don't need that here.

It’s what THEY told me and that is a fact (they aren’t from Canada or reside here and only working here for the season).
Yes essential workers could only work cross border at that point in time (myself included as I still do legally with visas) as aircraft maintenance is deemed essential. I mentioned no names of companies as there’s no reason to, but it is something that happened (legal or not I don’t know but definitely not Canadian residents as the two I met told me).

I insinuated no such thing, I said I WONDER if they were here legally and had the appropriate licenses, anyone born and raised in Canada would question that in these circumstances, and no I won’t shut up thank you, I happen to know a thing or two about this subject.

Pilots and ames flying and fixing here for the fire season as TFW’s are probably condoned due to fires being essential emergency services. I don’t know what the caveats are to those circumstances, what I do know is you need some sort of visa to work here in Canada or in the USA if you’re going to be generating an income, to that fact I am well versed, wether it’s a Canadian registered machine or not. I’ve worked in several countries in my career and each had its own unique set of circumstances and hoops to jump through to do so properly (some several months in advance of the job).

Calling CBSA regarding something I don’t know the exact particulars to is ridiculous, unless I had cogent reasons to do so, which I certainly did not.
of hand, the tail end of which is when I met these guys (August - September). I too had never seen foreign (TFW) technicians in Canada before short of tech reps from the USA.

Either way aviation is considered an essential service, that’s how I was allowed cross border for work during the thick of COVID19 lockdowns in 2020-21. I have no idea why a tourism visa would have any kind of bearing on this situation as it is probably not what would be issued for these “seasonal international workers” as one person put it. Under these circumstances a Employer-specific work permit would likely be issued (I’ve dealt with this as a manager many moons ago).

There was no suspicion to them working on aircraft as I physically saw them doing so. How do you find working in other countries these days? If anything COVID19 has made things easier going through airports and flying (less people). The NAAT tests are annoying, but overall I’ve found it easier.

I saw the same thing very recently, very strange world were in right now

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

PitchLink wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:49 pm
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:38 pm

I saw the same thing very recently, very strange world were in right now
Said operators are gearing up like this again this season but even the TFW’s don’t wanna come back 😂

Return to “Helicopter Forum”