Medical clearance question

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Anaerobic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Medical clearance question

Post by Anaerobic »

Before covid happened, I was going through the application process and had just completed the FEAST test successfully. But nearly 6 months ago, I had a seizure in my sleep. I haven't been diagnosed with epilepsy (yet), but I'm guessing it's coming and my neurologist thinks it will easily be managed with a small dose of mild medication.

My question is should I abandon hope of ever becoming an ATC post-covid? Would this completely disqualify me from passing medical clearance? I'm not entirely sure who I should be asking, whether it's a medical examiner, or Navcanada, or my neurologist. Just curious if I should go through the hoops of the application process for ATC, or if I should instead try for FSS or even something else.

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this should instead have been posted in NavCanada Hiring.
---------- ADS -----------

kevenv
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Medical clearance question

Post by kevenv »

Anaerobic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Anaerobic »

kevenv wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:23 pm You might find some info here:

https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/public ... #neurology
It would appear the Magic 8 Ball says "Outlook not so good"
Thanks for the link!

freethrowgene
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by freethrowgene »

Is there any chance that I might still get medical clearance despite this? A medical examiner, Navcanada, or my neurologist are all possible candidates, but I can't decide which one to consult first. I was wondering whether it would be worth it to go through the hoops of applying for ATC, or if I would be better off trying for FSS or something else entirely.

fredlee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fredlee »

freethrowgene wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:40 am Is there any chance that I might still get medical clearance despite this? A medical examiner, Navcanada, or my neurologist are all possible candidates, but I can't decide which one to consult first. I was wondering whether it would be worth it to go through the hoops of applying for ATC, or if I would be better off trying for FSS or something else entirely.
I think you still have a chance

Return to “ATS Question Forum”