Private Jets & COVID rules

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Private Jets & COVID rules

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

RRJetPilot wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:08 pm
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:57 am
Dash.Trash wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:22 am

https://www.flightglobal.com/strategy/a ... 52.article

One of the key points of the agreement was that Air Canada refund non-refundable fares that customers had purchased but which they did not use due to either cancelled flights or the travel restrictions - a move the airline had previously opposed. The government set aside C$1.4 billion for this purpose, but Air Canada says so far many customers have chosen to keep their travel vouchers rather than cashing them in.

“The take-up on refunds has been slower than anticipated,” Amos Kazzaz, the company’s chief financial officer, says.

Customers: “You stole our money! How dare you! I demand a refund!”
AC: “Ok, we're able to provide them now.”
Customers: “Actually the voucher is fine, thanks.”
Definitely more to that story lol. Guaranteed most pax aren't ok with Air Canada holding onto their cash interest free.

Likely AC has created a nice little obstacle course to get your refund. I wonder how long people are waiting on hold.
Actually if you look online you can see people are praising AC for how quick and easy the process was. Even on that Gabor the Troll Facebook group. And they hate airlines.
Well colour me surprised.
---------- ADS -----------

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Word on the street these CBC parasites have a feature on "Private Jets" avoiding quarantine tonight. I hope no one here was stupid enough to talk to her. Lets place some bets on if she put a positive or negative spin on our industry?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Don’t talk to the media. The media is the enemy. They’re destroying aviation and life in general with the Corona HOAX.

Let’s Go Brandon
schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

RRJetPilot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:19 pm Word on the street these CBC parasites have a feature on "Private Jets" avoiding quarantine tonight. I hope no one here was stupid enough to talk to her. Lets place some bets on if she put a positive or negative spin on our industry?
Do you know when the segment airs?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

montado wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:51 pm They didn’t answer because they are leaches. Most journalists will do whatever it takes for clicks and are not interested in the truth that you want to write.

Headline needs to be something about how the elite get out of quarantine... and this journalist wants you to out your own clients. :lol: they already have the story they fabricated, now they just need someone to answer a few questions so they can quote 10 percent of what they say to make the story sound legitimate.
So true, but some desperate attention seeking soul can now brag to his mom he was quoted in an "interview" :lol:

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/private- ... -1.6023641

Oh man it’s worse than I thought. No one would talk to them so they went on flightaware to try to scrounge the data. Then they try to throw chartwright under the bus. They then proceed to quote a random loser in Scotland that complains it’s a class issue and she’s poor and life isn’t fair. Oh man and to think our taxes paid for this garbage. 😂😂😂
Hey guys you can send tips to:
katie.nicholson@cbc.ca or laura.clementson@cbc.ca
🤮🤮🤮

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

State funded broadcasting at it’s finest. :wink:

Let’s Go Brandon
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Is it strange that CBC came here looking to find a story that doesn’t really exist. They literally have a narrative fabricated and they will do whatever they can to create this story.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

It’s sad because they are giving journalists a bad name. There are great journalists like Sam Cooper or Mercedes Stephenson doing great work. Then there are these rejects fabricating narratives and creating a great disservice to news organizations. Articles like these reduce trust in media and promote the “fake news” trend. I wouldn’t be as upset if I wasn’t paying their salary. BTW CBC needs another 800 million this year above what they normally get, revenues decreased no one is watching.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Never watch CBC or CTV news anymore. I’d rather watch the Kardashians than countless Wuhan Flu stories.

Let’s Go Brandon
MrWings
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by MrWings »

montado wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:49 pm Is it strange that CBC came here looking to find a story that doesn’t really exist. They literally have a narrative fabricated and they will do whatever they can to create this story.
What exactly do you see wrong with the story? It is literally happening exactly as reported. You can bypass mandatory hotel stays if you land at a smaller airport. A lot of private guys are doing it. It is a loophole. If you are trying to control the import of variants, allowing people to bypass screening doesn’t cut it.

MrWings
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by MrWings »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:51 pm
A reporter trolling for information to create hysterical headlines? Should earn the privilege by establishing credibility -- by answering my very reasonable questions.

A reporter has no right be here, and the Mods should kick any off that show up.
Your questions were stupid. You want anyone that talks with a reporter to have complete editorial control? Idiotic suggestion. Any true reporter would laugh at that suggestion. Trust me, she did. That’s why you didn’t get an answer.

Kick off any reporter? So much for free speech and defending your stance.

You got a lot to learn rookie.

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 780Pilot »

Aren't those flights landing anywhere other then the main 4 airports just crew repositioning? There completely exempt. Flt aware doesn't tell you who's on board but I'm pretty sure they just assumed there were passengers on board. Hit job imo.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

So my question is, how are they qualifying this publicly available data. Nearly all the flights into and out of airports like Hamilton from international destinations are cargo OR medevac - which - surprise surprise - operate Learjets and Gulfstream. They are also all blocked, so indistinguishable from any other private jet flight.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

MrWings wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:25 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:51 pm
A reporter trolling for information to create hysterical headlines? Should earn the privilege by establishing credibility -- by answering my very reasonable questions.

A reporter has no right be here, and the Mods should kick any off that show up.
Your questions were stupid. You want anyone that talks with a reporter to have complete editorial control? Idiotic suggestion. Any true reporter would laugh at that suggestion. Trust me, she did. That’s why you didn’t get an answer.

Kick off any reporter? So much for free speech and defending your stance.

You got a lot to learn rookie.
This is exactly what the White House is doing now. Complete editorial control.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

From the article
“Many of the private flights entering Canada from the U.S. originate in states that have no current mask mandate and few, if any, COVID-related restrictions, like Florida and Arizona.”

What she fails to mention is those places are also at that point because of their high vaccination rates but hey why take away from a bs story

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

780Pilot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:12 pm Aren't those flights landing anywhere other then the main 4 airports just crew repositioning? There completely exempt. Flt aware doesn't tell you who's on board but I'm pretty sure they just assumed there were passengers on board. Hit job imo.
Ding Ding Ding. They assumed there were people on board who were skirting restrictions which is 100% false. So the whole article is literally the stupidest piece of writing ever published. And here we have "Mr Wings" saying he know she is laughing at the poster asking questions. Well MrWings, you can let your friend know we are ALL laughing at her incompetence. She made a fool of herself and now we know her name to avoid CBC and her articles in the future.
Please let her know.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

If you look up Chartright they are 604/703/704 which are all covered by the COVID NOTAM which require them to land at one of the 4 airports if they are transporting passengers. So if they are landing at one of the other airports it means they are not transporting passengers. Simple as that!

I think the only people who might be able to skirt the quarantine are individuals who own their own plane. So going after Chartright doesn't really make sense. But the other workaround if you don't want to stay in a quarantine hotel is to drive across the border and fly from the US, and that applies to your regular joe flying the airlines as well as people renting a private jet.

Anyway, travel right now is just a bit too much of a pain in the ass, and if someone does really want to jump through various hoops to lie on the beach somewhere sunny I don't really give a rats ass.

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

digits_ wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:58 pm I'd be curious to know how many trips on corporate jets are really essential.

Not to worry though, I am sure the paperwork says they all are.
The answer is absolutely none, however the paperwork would absolutely be (debatable)

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Heliian wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:05 am
RRJetPilot wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:52 am Hey CBC reporter, you literally live off of handouts and government bailouts to survive. Your wage is paid by OUR MONEY. Your viewership is decreasing and so is your ad revenue. This year you need another 800 Million ON TOP of what you normally get. Now I dont want to get personal but as an organization that wouldn't exist without MY TAX DOLLARS, how about you support other struggling industries instead of attacking them at EVERY opportunity.
Covid has been the biggest devastation in the aviation industry in the history of Canada, 100x worst than 911. How about you use your unlimited funds to support fellow Canadians instead of look for more stories to hurt our industry. These are mothers, brothers, neighbors, and friends, that are all unemployed losing their HIGHLY specialized skills waiting for the government to make a plan to restart travel.

Respectfully, I wouldn't sleep at night If was you. Hope you see the light and start supporting Canadians in the darkest hour. Karma is real.
What in high heaven are you babbling about? Find a job yourself and stop living off taxpayers and expecting "the government" to help you, so hypocritical.

Oh ya, blame the government for not "restarting travel". Where you going smart guy? Is the rest of the world open for business and it's just us not traveling?

"highly specialized skills"? the reality is no, it's not and requires very little education. Not to mention that automation is taking our jobs away too. Time to retrain or stop complaining.

It is highly specialized to fix and or fly this junk, doesn’t make it a long training initial process for said skills to start out, but to get proficient at either you need years of training and additional education for sure. Said skills aren’t easily transferable therefore highly specialized.

Return to “General Comments”