Bad press from the CBC

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Bad press from the CBC

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

whatsitdoingnow wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:26 pm No, it says all but one declined, or put differently- only one responded.

Let’s face it, these companies are smart enough not to say anything to this reporter. Based on her report, she would likely manipulate whatever they said anyway. Better to leave this straw clutching drivel expire into yesterday’s news and move on.
I agree I was reading it wrong.
---------- ADS -----------

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

This whole situation reminds me very much of Moneyball's 'What's the problem?'

No one really knows the best solution, or wants to admit what the problem is. We can't seem to come to the realization that we do not have control of this virus, yet. The true answer was to contain this very early on, get a consistent vaccine supply into our population and get back to business. We get an F there.

Restricting travel has not had any measureable impact regarding the numbers - in fact none of the major restrictions imposed have had any massive effect on spread. We, as a country might be seeing declining cases, but that's mostly due to herd immunity in the various communities that are most at risk and some very limited help from the first doses of the vaccine.

COVID is here to stay, and we unfortunately have to learn to live with it.

Anybody else getting acid reflux listening to Anand and Trudeau talk about their success in 'building a diverse vaccine portfolio for ALL Canadians'?

Vaccine portfolio = we are desperate AF as our original plan fell through and we were left holding a flaming bag of dog 💩

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:09 pm This whole situation reminds me very much of Moneyball's 'What's the problem?'

No one really knows the best solution, or wants to admit what the problem is. We can't seem to come to the realization that we do not have control of this virus, yet. The true answer was to contain this very early on, get a consistent vaccine supply into our population and get back to business. We get an F there.

Restricting travel has not had any measureable impact regarding the numbers - in fact none of the major restrictions imposed have had any massive effect on spread. We, as a country might be seeing declining cases, but that's mostly due to herd immunity in the various communities that are most at risk and some very limited help from the first doses of the vaccine.

COVID is here to stay, and we unfortunately have to learn to live with it.

Anybody else getting acid reflux listening to Anand and Trudeau talk about their success in 'building a diverse vaccine portfolio for ALL Canadians'?

Vaccine portfolio = we are desperate AF as our original plan fell through and we were left holding a flaming bag of dog 💩
Canada’s flying game is in horrible shape from all of this. Scary to think there’s no end in sight

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

pelmet wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:51 am
TeePeeCreeper wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:23 pm
Although I would tend to agree with the “spirit” of your message in general... that’s right my friend, for once we may just be on the same page...

Forgive me for saying that I find it ironic that you are calling it “fake news” after prefacing that comment by not disclosing your “trusted source”?

Back to watching Fox News....! :)
Wouldn't it be ironic if we agreed on much more than we disagreed. I see a wonderful relationship blooming :partyman: (or politely agree to disagree on some things).

While my term was 'contact', not 'trusted source', I do trust the contact to be providing honest info. The pilot is associated with corporate aviation with experience flying in the field. Obviously, I am not going to name the person except to use the term that the major news networks use(which they say is credible in reporting reporting)......"an anonymous source".
Wow... :smt008 :prayer: :smt040

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

North Shore wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:41 pm
pelmet wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:51 am
TeePeeCreeper wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:23 pm
Although I would tend to agree with the “spirit” of your message in general... that’s right my friend, for once we may just be on the same page...

Forgive me for saying that I find it ironic that you are calling it “fake news” after prefacing that comment by not disclosing your “trusted source”?

Back to watching Fox News....! :)
Wouldn't it be ironic if we agreed on much more than we disagreed. I see a wonderful relationship blooming :partyman: (or politely agree to disagree on some things).

While my term was 'contact', not 'trusted source', I do trust the contact to be providing honest info. The pilot is associated with corporate aviation with experience flying in the field. Obviously, I am not going to name the person except to use the term that the major news networks use(which they say is credible in reporting reporting)......"an anonymous source".
Wow... :smt008 :prayer: :smt040
Hakuna Matata!

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

calm down

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

'97 Tercel wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:15 am calm down
Looks calm to me? 😁

Kejidog
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Kejidog »

I guess my question is why the @#$! would any thinking person expect anything else but bullshit from the cbc? Really If I want any trans loving one sided stories I’d look but I am already full up with that bullshit.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Kejidog wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:41 am I guess my question is why the @#$! would any thinking person expect anything else but bullshit from the cbc? Really If I want any trans loving one sided stories I’d look but I am already full up with that bullshit.
Here’s a fresh one from global on the same topic.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8003384/pand ... -covid-19/

Return to “Corporate”