Is a Aviation Diploma Worth It?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

scdriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Is a Aviation Diploma Worth It?

Post by scdriver »

rudder wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:44 pm
scdriver wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:10 pm
rudder wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:45 pm

No, not mandatory.

But AC uses a ‘points’ system. Completed post secondary has meaningful value in that system.
That makes sense. Sorry for the slight thread drift to other post secondary, but in the AC points system, how far does that degree get you? Is it equivalent to a certain number of additional hours or something like chief pilot experience? And also does the ability to tick that box carry more weight in terms of simply getting you an interview than it does for actually getting the job?
Cheers.
Sorry, not part of the AC hiring system. Don’t know.

I believe that AC (and other potential Employers) see a completed post secondary education as an indication of academic aptitude, ability to assimilate information, and
achievement. It bodes well for a challenging PIT course.

Agree or disagree, it has weight. Remember, you are competing with others for a job offer. The employer sets the rules.
Thanks rudder. If anyone else reading this has any knowledge regarding the questions above (at AC or others) I’d be interested to hear.
---------- ADS -----------

vov4ik_il
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vov4ik_il »

TLDR
I am not HR, or #1 seniority guy to give a very competent advise.
Just applying some logic.
When you are considering teaching a new airline hire, you are considering a considerable investment (30 some thousand $ I would guess), you want to be reassured to an extent possible that the candidate will be able to accomplish the studies with success. Indoc training is usually not an easy one. So by just showing a diploma the candidate evidently proves that he (or she) was able to successfully absorb X amount of study material in Y amount of time which gives some reassurance to the person signing you up.

ozcanroy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ozcanroy »

It depends on what you want. If you want a high paying job, and accumulate tons of money, then it is not worth it. If you have a passion and deep interest in aviation, then doing aviation courses would be worth it. If you want to help your village, country and the world, then doing aviation course would be worth it.

Return to “Flight Training”