Pilot Pool and Future GS

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Pilot Pool and Future GS

Post by RegionalPilot »

Simple question here. How will the company treat the people that were already in the pool and/or assigned a GS before april 2020?

Can we be hopeful to see those in there be prioritize over whoever else that would be starting the hiring process from scratch at that point? I’m thinking college graduates per example. Let’s assume 2023 is the year it starts again.

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Pilot Pool and Future GS

Post by link821 »

lets hope!

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

I believe the exact wording from HR in March 2020 was... "we regret to inform you that your training and employment with Jazz Aviation LP has been postponed indefinitely"

Open to interpretation as to how they will honor this if they ever start hiring again.

Gravity always wins
rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

My guess is that Jazz will repopulate the pool and choose the best candidates to offer employment. There is no way Jazz will pretend that 3 years go by and ignore more experienced applicants. How Jazz intends to honour aviation college streaming obligations is another matter.

As for those on cancelled courses with no seniority number - that is a moral obligation not a contractual nor legal one. Hopefully Jazz will revalidate the offers as this represents a very small cadre of pilots (1 course?).

This is all a non-issue for some time to come. There are still over 580 Jazz pilots on layoff/CEWS.

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

rudder wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:48 am As for those on cancelled courses with no seniority number - that is a moral obligation not a contractual nor legal one. Hopefully Jazz will revalidate the offers as this represents a very small cadre of pilots (1 course?).
MAR 30 and APR 13 GS classes were filled. MAR 14 GS was halted midway thru the 2 weeks.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

RegionalPilot wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:07 pm
rudder wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:48 am As for those on cancelled courses with no seniority number - that is a moral obligation not a contractual nor legal one. Hopefully Jazz will revalidate the offers as this represents a very small cadre of pilots (1 course?).
MAR 30 and APR 13 GS classes were filled. MAR 14 GS was halted midway thru the 2 weeks.
Well then they have a number so they're fine

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

flyingcanuck wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:35 pm
My point was for the guys and gals in MAR 30 and APR 13.

I really like what you said Rudder... It’s somekind of a moral obligation to give those 2 groups an offer when the time comes. I know at least one person in that group that wasn’t able to find work as a pilot since it happened, it would be hard for that guy to compete against everyone that went back to their 703 jobs and kept building hours/experience.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

RegionalPilot wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:17 pm
flyingcanuck wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:35 pm

My point was for the guys and gals in MAR 30 and APR 13.

I really like what you said Rudder... It’s somekind of a moral obligation to give those 2 groups an offer when the time comes. I know at least one person in that group that wasn’t able to find work as a pilot since it happened, it would be hard for that guy to compete against everyone that went back to their 703 jobs and kept building hours/experience.
A “moral obligation”?

That’s cute. Hint: Capitalism doesn’t work that way. Sorry!

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Sadly I expect all that do not have a Jazz ALPA seniority number (ie started day 1 at Jazz) will have to reapply through the portal once hiring begins again in.....2022/23? Hopefully Jazz HR reaches out to those assigned a GS from March April 2020, but no guess if that will happen.

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

The language used by HR was that our training (and I assume that means our ground schools) have been postponed indefinitely. Hopefully that means they’ll reach out to us when that time comes.

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

link821 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:32 pm The language used by HR was that our training (and I assume that means our ground schools) have been postponed indefinitely. Hopefully that means they’ll reach out to us when that time comes.
Postponed doesn't mean cancelled just delayed for a period of time, but indefinitely is really open ended like unlimited or unspecified.

That fateful email also stated "We will retain your profile in our database and be in contact with you should circumstances change."

So does that mean (for those who had inital start dates from March/April 2020) starting the whole process over again or eventually getting a call from HR saying come on down for GS if you are still interested....who knows as there has been 0 communication from them in the past 15 months since COVID hit.

Gravity always wins

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”