NavCanada in the hot seat

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

NavCanada in the hot seat

Post by JasonE »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/nav-ca ... -1.6056766

"Politicians are calling on executives and management at Nav Canada to pay back $7 million in bonuses they received last year during the pandemic, while the private non-profit was tapping into government aid and issuing layoff notices."
---------- ADS -----------

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: NavCanada in the hot seat

Post by PitchLink »

JasonE wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:11 am https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/nav-ca ... -1.6056766

"Politicians are calling on executives and management at Nav Canada to pay back $7 million in bonuses they received last year during the pandemic, while the private non-profit was tapping into government aid and issuing layoff notices."
Sounds par for course in this greasy industry

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

“Non-profit”

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

fish4life wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:57 pm “Non-profit”
Please, show me where Nav Canada’s profits are. Last I checked the airlines received 10’s of millions of dollars in service fees from Nav Canada before the pandemic.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

Braun wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:28 am
Please, show me where Nav Canada’s profits are. Last I checked the airlines received 10’s of millions of dollars in service fees from Nav Canada before the pandemic.
Non profit doesn’t mean nobody is profiting, just because Nav Canada doesn’t turn a profit doesn’t mean the executives aren’t turn a handsome profit

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

Yet again people don't understand that contracts aren't void just because there's a downturn in the industry. Conditions for receiving bonuses were likely included in their employment contracts at time of hiring, and long before the pandemic started.

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Braun »

fish4life wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:20 am
Braun wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:28 am
Non profit doesn’t mean nobody is profiting, just because Nav Canada doesn’t turn a profit doesn’t mean the executives aren’t turn a handsome profit
The salary of our former CEO wasn't as high as you'd expect for the CEO of a company of Nav Canada's size. 7 million in bonuses for all the managers in Canada is peanuts. sorry but this is a non-story. It was in their contract.

onlookernice
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by onlookernice »

Even while Nav Canada doesn't make a profit, it doesn't mean its executives aren't raking in the dough. Our previous CEO was not paid as much as one might expect a CEO of a corporation the size of Nav Canada to be paid.

supole
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by supole »

Yes, that's correct. Plus a raise on each anniversary of the date you checkout, so 2 raises per year.

Return to “ATS Question Forum”