Vaccinated people told not to travel in Spain and Russia

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
blasted off
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Vaccinated people told not to travel in Spain and Russia

Post by blasted off »

https://www.pfizer.com/news/hot-topics/ ... 19_vaccine

The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine has not been approved or licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for use in individuals 12 years of age and older. The emergency use of this product is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of the medical product under Section 564(b)(1) of the FD&C Act unless the declaration is terminated or authorization revoked sooner.
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I don't really care about the FDA, because I live in Canada:

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/ ... cines.html

They all look pretty much approved to me.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

If you dig a little deeper you'll see they are "authorized with conditions" under an interim order that allows their use even though they have not gone through the normal, full regulatory processes.
If you'd like to argue based on semantics, that's fine. But it's fairly obvious that these vaccines have not been fully vetted. Reading deeper into the site you linked makes that quite clear. It says quite explicitly that their use is being allowed only because they feel the risk/reward is worth it.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

shimmydampner wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:10 pm If you'd like to argue based on semantics, that's fine.
I don't feel like I'm the one splitting hairs, here. Medical authorities say the vaccines are ok to be used. That's good enough for me. I have a dog to do my barking for me.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
pecessix
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by pecessix »

photofly wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:51 pm I don't really care about the FDA, because I live in Canada:

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/ ... cines.html

They all look pretty much approved to me.
Health Canada authorizes supply of COVID-19 mRNA vaccine under Interim Order Respecting the Importation, Sale and Advertising of Drugs for Use in Relation to COVID-19:

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/ ... /note.html

«The Interim Order introduces expedited authorization pathways for drugs with a COVID-19 indication that are not yet authorized in Canada or other jurisdictions»

The vaccines manufacturers must submit regularly reports of safety, side-effects, etc, to the authority.
Those vaccines are not fully approved, they are still in trial mode. They are temporarily authorized due to the circumstances, but the authority can still stop the use of a vaccine due to safety concerns (like they did for the Astra-zeneca earlier this year).

WinnithePuh
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WinnithePuh »

Surely this measure is aimed at reducing cases of covid infection. There is a very high incidence rate in Spain and Russia, and due to the underdeveloped infrastructure of medical care, there is also a high mortality rate. Therefore, I think this is the right decision. There are many other interesting places to visit during your vacation. Tourists areas are safe in many countries and cities. And I think that until the pandemic is over, we should choose the safest places to vacation. Security should be a top priority right now.

Return to “Covid”