Helicopter appraisal?

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Carl10
Rank 0
Rank 0

Helicopter appraisal?

Post by Carl10 »

Anyone have a resource (with reasonable cost) for older piston helis? Unique situation to try and get a realistic valuation on a Brantly.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Carl10 on Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Helicopter appraisal?

Post by PitchLink »

Carl10 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:53 am Anyone have a resource (with reasonable cost) for older piston helis? Unique situation to try and get a realistic valuation on a Brantly.
That’s a really good question. They are an interesting aircraft, I’d be approaching museums on this subject I doubt controller has anything up.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

There was someone out west(can't remember where) with a couple at one point who might know the market better but just like any other helicopter, the paperwork and times remaining will be a big determining factor.

There is a grand total of 1 currently registered in Canada, yikes.

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by oldncold »

if there I company and a couple of really sharp rotor ame's that. I would trust to give. a honest pre buy to a 1950's -1980s piston heli's. it would be Darren and the crew at valley helicopters in hope bc. they have done rebuilds on several Bell 47's hiller 12's. Darren is one of the few ame left type rated on Bell 47's. he learned his craft from the. Ole guard before they retired in the late 1990's.. it anit cheap but. you will walk away knowing that the bird you want to buy is or isn't safe to to put your family in. and how many $ to get the unsafe bird back to feel happy. proud to have been his classmate 2 decades ago. he crushed the ame course.

Return to “Helicopter Forum”