Discount Codes

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

YC87DRVR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Discount Codes

Post by YC87DRVR »

Wondering if anyone had any luck with our recent “friends/family” codes. I personally have never used them, I did give them to friends/family and heard feedback that as soon as the discount code was entered the price of the flight itself would increase resulting in barely any discount.
---------- ADS -----------

aerobod
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Discount Codes

Post by aerobod »

YC87DRVR wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:10 am Wondering if anyone had any luck with our recent “friends/family” codes. I personally have never used them, I did give them to friends/family and heard feedback that as soon as the discount code was entered the price of the flight itself would increase resulting in barely any discount.
Probably the case that they selected Basic fare, but the promo codes are only valid for Econo fares (all regions) and Premium fares (domestic and transatlantic), so when the promo code is used it would change from a Basic base fare to a discounted Econo base fare.

They may also be looking at some of the transatlantic fares where the base one way fare is in some cases $100 or less and taxes and fees are $350 or more, the discount only applies to the base fare.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “WestJet”