Vaccine mandate for employees

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Maverick117
Rank 0
Rank 0

Vaccine mandate for employees

Post by Maverick117 »

I encourage you all to voice your concerns to your reps, either if you agree or disagree with the mandate.
---------- ADS -----------

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Vaccine mandate for employees

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

Why voice it to the union? We're five weeks away from an election... voice it at the ballot box.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

What parties are for and against passports? AFAIK conservatives, ndp, and liberals are all in on the idea. Could get interesting is Otool runs against it..l would make for an interesting campaign! If only the parties were more polarized like the people.

sevendigits
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sevendigits »

Here's the point! No idiot in government or a government mandating our industry will order me to take a vaccine that has not been proven to work! We are a free society to choose and NOT be ordered by elected officials. Whatever your thoughts are on vaccines, and I am pro vaccines, they have to be tested and proven! The reason we have vaccines is to eradicate disease. Well these vaccines do not eradicate this virus. It is proven that people that are double vaccinated are still getting sick. So until they are proven they can kiss my a$$! Like the post says above lets do it at the ballot box and eradicate this incompetent tyrannical government.

Maverick117
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Maverick117 »

sevendigits wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:22 pm Here's the point! No idiot in government or a government mandating our industry will order me to take a vaccine that has not been proven to work! We are a free society to choose and NOT be ordered by elected officials. Whatever your thoughts are on vaccines, and I am pro vaccines, they have to be tested and proven! The reason we have vaccines is to eradicate disease. Well these vaccines do not eradicate this virus. It is proven that people that are double vaccinated are still getting sick. So until they are proven they can kiss my a$$! Like the post says above lets do it at the ballot box and eradicate this incompetent tyrannical government.
very well said!

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

sevendigits wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:22 pm Here's the point! No idiot in government or a government mandating our industry will order me to take a vaccine that has not been proven to work! We are a free society to choose and NOT be ordered by elected officials. Whatever your thoughts are on vaccines, and I am pro vaccines, they have to be tested and proven! The reason we have vaccines is to eradicate disease. Well these vaccines do not eradicate this virus. It is proven that people that are double vaccinated are still getting sick. So until they are proven they can kiss my a$$! Like the post says above lets do it at the ballot box and eradicate this incompetent tyrannical government.
Well then I guess in about 8 weeks you will either be vaccinated or unemployed. Your choice, your freedom.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

"The reason we have vaccines is to eradicate disease. Well these vaccines do not eradicate this virus."
vaccine: a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... definition

Your argument is based on incorrect information. The COVID-19 vaccines are doing exactly what they are designed to do.

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

Maverick117 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:17 pm I encourage you all to voice your concerns to your reps, either if you agree or disagree with the mandate.
Unfortunately, the way we are headed in the society, no paper and pen will solve this problem. The people are so brainwashed and polarized that you can't even talk to your own family members anymore on this topic.

This will only be solved in the streets... mark my words! Canadians were so insulated from global wars and uprisings and used to believe their government is there to take care of them, that is almost impossible to imagine that the same government is out there to harm them. It will take more stringent lockdowns and more sick and dead fully vaccinated and unvacinated people before people wake up. By then it may be very well too late. People in Europe for example ignite and walk out in the streets over things for example like pension retirement age, tax, fuel and tuition hikes and other things that we as Canadians suck up and absorb as something that is not possible to change and shrug our shoulders and continue on the next day.

So no amount of union petitions in my opinion is going to change the outcome. This was coming for us all last December when they first rolled out the jabs. If people then believed this was going to be voluntary and only end at two shots, are in for some rude awakening.

shabadoo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by shabadoo »

47north wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:57 am
Well then I guess in about 8 weeks you will either be vaccinated or unemployed. Your choice, your freedom.
AMEN

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Will you still be required to sign waivers absolving the pharmaceutical corporations of any liability for the not yet fully FDA approved vaccines , if they are made mandatory ?

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

2R wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:49 am Will you still be required to sign waivers absolving the pharmaceutical corporations of any liability for the not yet fully FDA approved vaccines , if they are made mandatory ?
FDA does not have authority in Canada. This is a Canadian aviation forum.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

So why are waivers required if they are fully approved in Canada ?

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

2R wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:32 pm So why are waivers required if they are fully approved in Canada ?
I'm sorry, English must not be your first language. Let me restate my comment in other words and explain what I meant.
FDA does not have authority in Canada. This is a Canadian aviation forum.
The FDA (an American regulator) does not have any say in Canada. Canada has it's food and drug regulations separate. Food is covered by CFIA (Canada Food Inspection Agency) and drug is covered by Health Canada. There is some overlap, but generally speaking, that's the way it goes.

Health Canada has approved Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca, and Jensen COVID vaccines for use. There are no waivers being signed before you get either your first or second dose (in Ontario). How do I know? I am working the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line AND I got both of my doses.

So, with that said, I ask you to either back up your claim and/or do a bit of research before replying to this comment.

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

2R wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:32 pm So why are waivers required if they are fully approved in Canada ?
Where have you filled a waiver? I got my 2 doses and never signed a waiver...

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

I was asked to sign a waiver . It was presented as an information page as to the contents of the vaccine . I assumed they were still doing it . I signed for both doses .

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

2R wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:26 pm I was asked to sign a waiver . It was presented as an information page as to the contents of the vaccine . I assumed they were still doing it . I signed for both doses .
You didn't sign a waver.

You signed a questionnaire (assuming you are from BC as your location alludes to) that covered some basic health information that would be then double checked by the nurse (paramedic/fire fighter, etc.) whom was administering your vaccine. Basic questions like, have you ever had a severe allergic reaction to a vaccine, are you immunocompromised, have you previously been diagnosed with COVID-19, etc. That form was not a waiver.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

7ECA wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:44 pm
2R wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:26 pm I was asked to sign a waiver . It was presented as an information page as to the contents of the vaccine . I assumed they were still doing it . I signed for both doses .
You didn't sign a waver.

You signed a questionnaire (assuming you are from BC as your location alludes to) that covered some basic health information that would be then double checked by the nurse (paramedic/fire fighter, etc.) whom was administering your vaccine. Basic questions like, have you ever had a severe allergic reaction to a vaccine, are you immunocompromised, have you previously been diagnosed with COVID-19, etc. That form was not a waiver.
Apparently he doesn't read what he signs... only caring enough to bitch about what he thinks he signed.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

I was asked about risks , and informed about risks , and made an informed decision voluntarily that would sure meet any legal definition of waiver of rights to sue for damages .
Interesting that the Provincial politicians that were against Conscription during two World Wars and said that Voluntary Enlistment should be the only way to raise an army to fight . That those same provinces have politicians that are so strongly in favour of Vaccination Conscription .

It is simple choice Informed Voluntary Vaccines or Vaccination Conscription .

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

2R wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:49 am I was asked about risks , and informed about risks , and made an informed decision voluntarily that would sure meet any legal definition of waiver of rights to sue for damages
Don't quit your day job.

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

2R wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:49 am I was asked about risks , and informed about risks , and made an informed decision voluntarily that would sure meet any legal definition of waiver of rights to sue for damages
Full disclaimer, I am not in medecine, but I think it has more to do with the principle of patient autonomy than a legal waiver. Every patient, before making a medical decision, has to be informed of the risks associated with the procedure/treatment/etc.

I think it is to make sure everybody makes an informed choice, that's it. If that is the case, it has nothing to do with the manufacturer or the product, it is to make sure the medical personnel gave you the pros and cons before you decide and to make sure they don't try to play god and choose for their patients.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”