Vaccine mandate for employees

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Vaccine mandate for employees

Post by altiplano »

What? It wasn't approved? And it's still not approved by Canada? I seem to remember this being stated extensively here over the past months.
U.S. approval doesn't necessarily hint at Canadian approval happening imminently.

Earlier this month, a federal spokesperson told CBC News in a statement that while Health Canada "has put in place a fast-tracked review process to assess COVID-19 vaccines," the process is a bit different from what's in place south of the border.
Sounds promising...
the fastest vaccine approval in the FDA's more than 100 year history.
---------- ADS -----------

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

altiplano wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:33 am What? It wasn't approved? And it's still not approved by Canada? I seem to remember this being stated extensively here over the past months.
U.S. approval doesn't necessarily hint at Canadian approval happening imminently.

Earlier this month, a federal spokesperson told CBC News in a statement that while Health Canada "has put in place a fast-tracked review process to assess COVID-19 vaccines," the process is a bit different from what's in place south of the border.
Sounds promising...
I thought that we already discussed that replies like this are inflammatory in nature and serve no purpose but to muddy the conversation?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

So now it's approved by the FDA, the approval isn't good enough? Who could have seen that coming!

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

photofly wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:37 am So now it's approved by the FDA, the approval isn't good enough? Who could have seen that coming!
Moving the goalposts right?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:21 am
altiplano wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:33 am What? It wasn't approved? And it's still not approved by Canada? I seem to remember this being stated extensively here over the past months.

Sounds promising...
I thought that we already discussed that replies like this are inflammatory in nature and serve no purpose but to muddy the conversation?
Did we?

That's just what the linked article says... don't point at me.

And if you're concerned with "inflammatory" maybe you should avoid divisive comments that wish ruin and damnation on people you disagree with.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

altiplano wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:42 pm
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:21 am

Sounds promising...

Did we?

That's just what the linked article says... don't point at me.

And if you're concerned with "inflammatory" maybe you should avoid divisive comments that wish ruin and damnation on people you disagree with.
I don't wish ruin and damnation on you... I merely accept that on your current track, you're headed for it.

Dry Guy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dry Guy »

Dry Guy wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:33 pm The way things are going I'm starting to wonder if any of us will be going to an airport in uniform after October.
Top epidemiologist resigns from Ontario's COVID-19 science table, alleges withholding of 'grim' projections

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.6149961

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Dry Guy wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:52 pm
Dry Guy wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:33 pm The way things are going I'm starting to wonder if any of us will be going to an airport in uniform after October.
Top epidemiologist resigns from Ontario's COVID-19 science table, alleges withholding of 'grim' projections

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.6149961
"nobody else on the science advisory table shares Fisman's concerns"

That's the take away.

Every consensus model has over estimated. Every one.

And this is the worst case scenario model.

We have a high level of natural immunity, and protection for the vulnerable and concerned.

Fisman should quit his tenure at UofT too.

Chicken Little...

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Vaccines must not be effective, masking is back in BC!
https://twitter.com/cbcnewsbc/status/14 ... 5951836162

Mandatory vaccines, mandatory masks… what will they think of next! Nothing seems to be working :lol:

Israel got first crack at vaccines… looks like the immunity doesn’t last long. Who would have thought big pharma would invent a vaccine you just keep taking because it only lasts 6 months! ChaChing!!! As soon as mandatory vaccines and passports are out we will then get the news to line up for boosters because are 6 month old second doses are no longer effective :lol:
6419115B-260A-4E63-BE29-C1930DC074CA.jpeg
6419115B-260A-4E63-BE29-C1930DC074CA.jpeg (140.28 KiB) Viewed 4698 times
4A5309EF-6DA3-48D2-B843-E11F789695F9.jpeg
4A5309EF-6DA3-48D2-B843-E11F789695F9.jpeg (111.43 KiB) Viewed 4698 times

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

montado wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:29 pm Vaccines must not be effective, masking is back in BC!

Mandatory vaccines, mandatory masks… what will they think of next! Nothing seems to be working :lol:
I have a job waiting for me and I'll be able to keep it after October. Will you?

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:41 pm
montado wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:29 pm Vaccines must not be effective, masking is back in BC!

I have a job waiting for me and I'll be able to keep it after October. Will you?
I’m unemployed, that’s where I find all this time to post on here. :lol:

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ALPApolicy »

"Unvaccinated in B.C. hospitalized with COVID-19 at a rate 17 times higher than fully vaccinated."

"25% of the province responsible for 84% of COVID-19 hospitalizations, new data shows."

"Of the 113 new hospitalizations for COVID-19 between Aug. 10 and Aug. 16, 95 were among people completely unvaccinated, compared to just 12 for fully vaccinated people and six who were partly vaccinated. "

Israel got first crack at vaccines… looks like the immunity doesn’t last long. Who would have thought big pharma would invent a vaccine you just keep taking because it only lasts 6 months! ChaChing!!! As soon as mandatory vaccines and passports are out we will then get the news to line up for boosters because are 6 month old second doses are no longer effective :lol:

6419115B-260A-4E63-BE29-C1930DC074CA.jpeg4A5309EF-6DA3-48D2-B843-E11F789695F9.jpeg
The unvaccinated appear to be responsible for the current outbreak and the reintroduction of Covid restrictions. I live in the interior region of BC where the issue seems to be most acute. Hopefully, the introduction of the passport in BC will bring the outbreak under control.

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

It would appear partially vaccinated is the way to go.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

What if you self identify as vaccinated? :mrgreen:

Since the vaccines are so effective, why are the vaxxed so worried about the non-vaxxed? :?:

Let’s Go Brandon
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

ALPApolicy wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:11 pm Hopefully, the introduction of the passport in BC will bring the outbreak under control.
:lol: Good luck with that. Do you really think when 80 percent of eligible people are vaccinated, mandating it to clinch another 5 percent is a game changer?
Inverted2 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:47 pm What if you self identify as vaccinated? :mrgreen:

Since the vaccines are so effective, why are the vaxxed so worried about the non-vaxxed? :?:
I identify differently every day depending how I’m feeling about my antibodies :lol:

The vaccines are not very effective because variants and mutations. No way they will eradicate covid. It’s just like the flu. Experts may as well spill the beans that every year people will need a shot to keep up with the latest mutations. So it’s nothing like the vaccines we have for other diseases like measles, polio etc.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

montado wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:45 pm
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:41 pm

I’m unemployed, that’s where I find all this time to post on here. :lol:
:lol: Didn't expect that.

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

ALPApolicy wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:11 pm "Unvaccinated in B.C. hospitalized with COVID-19 at a rate 17 times higher than fully vaccinated."

"25% of the province responsible for 84% of COVID-19 hospitalizations, new data shows."

"Of the 113 new hospitalizations for COVID-19 between Aug. 10 and Aug. 16, 95 were among people completely unvaccinated, compared to just 12 for fully vaccinated people and six who were partly vaccinated. "

6419115B-260A-4E63-BE29-C1930DC074CA.jpeg4A5309EF-6DA3-48D2-B843-E11F789695F9.jpeg
The unvaccinated appear to be responsible for the current outbreak and the reintroduction of Covid restrictions. I live in the interior region of BC where the issue seems to be most acute. Hopefully, the introduction of the passport in BC will bring the outbreak under control.

Not exactly what the media in Israel is saying... Isreael is having a hard time with coping with hospital admissions of fully vaccinated people.... Now they are saying that only those with 3 shots will get covid green passes. :rolleyes:

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

Great news from ALPA today on the vaccine front.

Extremely happy to see they’re taking pause on this and finding options to make work for “everyone”. Hats off to them, this obviously isn’t easy to navigate through now that it has become so political and polarizing.

Once again, ALPA stepping up and leading by example in our industry!

I hope the group here on AvCanada can leave this alone now and show some maturity on the subject… I guess we’ll see.

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ALPApolicy »

Transition9er2 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:52 am Great news from ALPA today on the vaccine front.

Extremely happy to see they’re taking pause on this and finding options to make work for “everyone”. Hats off to them, this obviously isn’t easy to navigate through now that it has become so political and polarizing.

Once again, ALPA stepping up and leading by example in our industry!

I hope the group here on AvCanada can leave this alone now and show some maturity on the subject… I guess we’ll see.
Gosh, I didn't interpret the ALPA email in the same way you did. They said that their legal advice was that the government of Canada seems to be on solid ground in implementing the employment requirement of a vaccination(s), and air carriers are similarly on solid footing.

ALPA does say they reject threats of termination, and further they expect companies to respect their collective agreements.

What in the email makes you so happy?

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Stepping up to improve ones seniority! Why reject that! Let the terminations begin! :evil: *sarcasm

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”