Recent IATRA exam?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

firmlander190
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Recent IATRA exam?

Post by firmlander190 »

Spiffeh wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:11 pm I have a google document typed out of all the important stuff needed to pass, do you want me to pass you a link? Everybody that has used it has received a decent mark. Cheers
Hey Spiffeh - If you see this can you please drop it to me? Would be much appreciated and thanks in advance.
---------- ADS -----------

firmlander190
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by firmlander190 »

arezania wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:13 pm Hey peeps,

Avcanada has helped me over the years and I would like to give back

I have some very very helpful slides I used for the IATRA. Studying those were honeslty good enough for the exam. PM me and I will link you the drive!
Hey arezania! - would greatly appreciate any info you can send my way! Please and thank you.

PIC26
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PIC26 »

Anyone write the exam recently? About to write it end of the month, using the study guide + Pilottraining... if anyone has a study guide/questions please pm or share thanks!

172DDriver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 172DDriver »

sharper edge was good.

JonBeaudoin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JonBeaudoin »

Spiffeh wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:11 pm I have a google document typed out of all the important stuff needed to pass, do you want me to pass you a link? Everybody that has used it has received a decent mark. Cheers
Hi there, I am planning on writing this exam in the next couple months. Would greatly appreciate the notes that you have.
Thanks

piperdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by piperdriver »

I would appreciate the notes as well. Cheers.

rjkaloti
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by rjkaloti »

Hey mind sending it my way please?

Burri27
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Burri27 »

Hey, not sure if you still have that google doc but it would be really helpful if I had another set of notes to look over. Would you mind sending them my way please??

Burri27
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Burri27 »

If anyone has that IATRA google doc that’s been shared I’d love to look it over. I’m writing in a few days and wouldn’t mind having extra study notes!

PIC26
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PIC26 »

Wrote the exam recently. Looks like they haven't updated the questions than that of what you'll find on avcanada or a study prep. I used nizus which was pretty good (time consuming to go through that many questions but worth the $ and you learn as you go). Go through that 2-3 times, and compare your wrong answers with the ones here, and review. The actual exam is similar but has different wording for both questions and answers so be careful, Really feel TC can do away with the weird wording and riddles! Embrace a learning pilot that will use the info, not one that will memorize confusing simple stuff and go to these lengths to pass but oh well.

Can't add any topics than that of the old iatra posts here and nizus. In general...be comfortable using formulas to find TAS and wind speed, mac, weight shift, SGR and vfr fuel given a scenario..and the charts like v1/payload etc...especially weather charts and knowing the symbols and meanings..and comparing TAFs to Metars, reading notams. Know your v speeds and tora toda etc, icing and altimeter errors.. epr, bpr and whiteout...crm questions were easy...Not sure if my exam was the only one that was formula heavy but be prepared! All the best!

Philaroche
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Philaroche »

I have my exam scheduled on jan 14. If anyone got some extra notes I would love to have some extra study. Thank you!

arezania
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by arezania »

Hey peeps,

Send me a pm with your Gmail and I'll link ya some super helpful slides I used. I only used these and was happy with my mark!

Happy new years!

Never take criticism from someone you wouldn't go to for advice!
wchou17
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wchou17 »

hey arezania can i grab the slides. thanks.

AWC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AWC »

I am thinking of writing the exam within the next month or 2 as I need to open doors to more pilot jobs. I would really appreciate this document if you still have it. Also, if anyone has any recommendations for a timeframe to spend studying and what material is best, I would appreciate it! (And yes, I know about the questions posted on AvCanada haha :wink:)

Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield...
Aritziabravo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aritziabravo »

firmlander190 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:35 pm
arezania wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:13 pm Hey peeps,

Avcanada has helped me over the years and I would like to give back

I have some very very helpful slides I used for the IATRA. Studying those were honeslty good enough for the exam. PM me and I will link you the drive!
Hey arezania! - would greatly appreciate any info you can send my way! Please and thank you.
Hey Guys,
Would mind send one to me to study? will greatly appreciate for it! And also I am going to write it in two weeks, for sure will come back update any useful info Q's for others in here once done the exam. Thank you so much. astroboybaby@gmail.com

serjiosrj
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by serjiosrj »

How can I pm you

serjiosrj
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by serjiosrj »

My email is pilotsiraj@yahoo.com my exam is soon can you forward them to me. It’s kindly appreciated

AliMc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AliMc »

Hi Arezania, I would love to see the slides please for extra study material. Please send to alison.kinna1@gmail.com

It wouldn't let me PM you unfortunately.

It would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance ☺

JPRE21
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JPRE21 »

hey folks, just wondering if anyone has the slides for extra study material.

thanks!

sullivan14
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sullivan14 »

Hey! I'm writing the IATRA on some pretty short notice, looking for all the help I can get. I'm new here so it won't let me pm anyone yet. Any and all help is much appreciated! Thanks

Return to “Flight Training”