Immersion training

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

sunk
Rank 3
Rank 3

Immersion training

Post by sunk »

With immersion training due by spring, is there any transport Canada approved courses? I called around and no one has approval from TC for an approved course. Not sure how training can be mandated! I’m waiting for a call back from my inspector on this. What’s your thoughts?
---------- ADS -----------

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Immersion training

Post by Heliian »

The advisory circular from March talks about setting up your training program and having it approved by TC.

We just track dates and use one of the current providers.

Your TC person should be able to sort it out.

sunk
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sunk »

That’s my problem, there are places to get trained out there that are not approved. I asked Transport for a list of transport Canada approved places. They could not supply this. I was supplied with recommended places to get this done. Recommend and approved are two different things.

A Regulator
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by A Regulator »

If you are a commercial operator get a copy of what training is required by TC, contact a training provider who does “immersion training” to see what they provide. Compare it with what TC requires if it’s the same copy it and send to TC for approval. The once approved do the training. If the training providers training is missing something ask if they can cover it, make the change and submit to TC for approval and once approved take the training.

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”