Total Recall

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

grimreaper70
Rank 1
Rank 1

Total Recall

Post by grimreaper70 »

Total Recall

It’s the year 2084: almost 60 years since all ACPA pilots have been recalled and Douglas Quaid, played by Schwarnzenegger, visits the company “Rekall” to implant false memory vacations. Likely taken from the idea of the ACPA legal team in 2021; why lift a finger when you simply don’t have to.

While Canuckistan aviation is no place for the “Governator” – it is also a place of bizarro dreams & realities. Just take a quick peak at the Minister of Transport’s video on his claims on how much he has assisted aviation during the Covid crisis – it has even the most avid Tru-Anon fan awkwardly looking to change the topic to hair follicle counts & “water bottle sorta things” – and all aviators with a straight up look of “Wtf man”

https://twitter.com/OmarAlghabra/status ... 78529?s=20

More reliable than the post morning coffee “drop the kids off at the pool” is the continuous shit show of aviation in this country. I mean we now got Mexicans flying Canadian registered CargoJet aircraft while dumping our own with more force than the also reliable post burrito & beer happy hour next morning bomb drop. CargoJet literally just handed ALPA the keys to the mother of all labor bombs – I suspect when this is all over – the scene will be similar as to when Jim Carrey left the bathroom in Pet Detective - “Do NOT go in there – Pheww!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUfS_2UGftg

Meanwhile in ACPALand, ACPA has their CEO & ex-manager that once locked out labor himself spewing out Labor Day messages about “imminent recalls”. No mention of this term called “a date” - so while furloughs can head to the bank to apply for a mortgage with a promissory note of “I pinky swear” – there is still no clarification on what exactly of when recalls can get on the land of “payroll”. This all comes with assurances that ACPA is standing by ALPA in their labor crusade against CargoJet - something that should be trusted as much as a fart on the return leg from Mexico City. I mean when a labor organization is willing to wade into someone else’s the poo pond – it should at least have its own ACPA digest-ive issues under control. Vacation buybacks are being permitted which is in clear violation of the collective agreement without even a token offering of even the thinnest shit ticket to the membership while the company literally just takes a diarrhea dump all over furloughs. The stories of Mumbai passengers wiping their asses with the curtains don’t even come close to what is happening here.

There has been some rumblings from the membership - #acpadipshits is almost out trending #lottomax (this is a hot topic apparently for AC pilots). With even more ACPA resignations this week it makes one wonder who exactly is left behind the moats & walls. Perhaps two stars budget Travelodge hotels are indeed not good enough for 4 star airline employees.

It has yet to be seen when we will get to “Total Recall”. The issue is that ACPA had a half-baked idea of negotiating for half of the recalls without a firm date - something the ALPA unions at WestJet & Air Transat were able to do. I mean this logic couldn’t get past a kid from Kindergarten Cop but yet somehow managed to allude Canada’s single largest pilot union

This pilot group needs to steal a famous line from Arnie and finally tell ACPA: “Hasta la vista – Baby!”
---------- ADS -----------

crj_705
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Total Recall

Post by crj_705 »

Thanks for the good Sunday morning laughs…spot on I’d say…!!! It’s going to be a sad day if ALL Canadian pilots allow this Mexican adventure to continue and thrive. We all need to take a serious look at this or the next wave of migrant workers living in communal housing in YHM will be looking for condos in YYZ, YUL and YVR! :oops:

loudmouth
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Total Recall

Post by loudmouth »

Well with the latest info released now outlining the AC recall process, one could say I along with many other furloughed pilots are extremely disappointed in our union.

No open and fair bidding process for ALL VACANCIES. Letting the company pick and choose, and if you don't like what they have to offer you can defer at a financial loss to yourself.

All in the name of "training efficiency"..

Jazz had the same issue, and their union fought to get HALF of their entire pilot group back on payroll at once.

This union is a disgrace. Thankfully Mike McKay is gone, but there are more that need to go.

And now seeing Erik Hansen running for NEM. One of the masterminds on the negotiating committee behind a lot of the shitty deals we've had over the last year, and lack of ANY enforcement for PBSC violations in his position as Chair. I hope the membership sees through his bullshit and relegates him to the loser side.

Return to “Air Canada”