The Mathemagicians

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

grimreaper70
Rank 1
Rank 1

The Mathemagicians

Post by grimreaper70 »

The Mathemagicians

In a stunning array of some more math from the now world famous ACPA Mathemagicians that one assumes meets in a Maple Leafs press box with their respective leaders given the results of both organizations – the dictator in chief left us with some wisdom before casting off to “spend more time with his family” - despite the contrary evidence that ACPA Island was turning into the "Lord of Flies" with the great leader looking to share the same fate as poor “Piggy”

Demonstrating some brilliant yoga like capabilities, the leader was able to execute a thorough padding of his own back that would make depots around the globe jealous. He rejoiced in “pay rates increasing” & “creating new jobs”. The propaganda speakers could be heard all the way to Tiananmen Square – not far from where a poor 777 Captain is eating his morning “camp” breakfast in isolation with a brand new Sim card inserted in his phone given to him from the gracious local government. The bread in the bag is looking pretty delicious right about now.

Naturally, this left cargo division pilots scratching their heads as they prepare for the launch of the “door to door but not door to door 10% discount” freight division which will be a direct competitor to WestJet’s “whatcha guys doing over there” cargo branch. No word yet on the coffee maker but given the mass savings on pilot salaries – one must assume it will be out performing even the most talented furloughed Starbucks barista. With EI ending for furloughs, the promised recall parade through ACPA square still has no date with participation capped at 300. The member services division did offer some encouragement for the other 300 with the recommendation “to seek employment in different industries”. I guess they aren’t even following the McDonald’s mantra where they at least offer free smiles.

Vacation buybacks contract violations, software programing not ready so no bidding for G days, errors on red eye pairings – this place may as well switch to China’s preferred Covid test of anal swabbing given the never-ending amount of bending over.

The mathemagicians have done some serious magic tricks in the last year: from the explanation that overtime has zero effect on crewing, the year 2023 is still a full 2 years away, that a 10% paycut is actually a 90% raise because we don’t fly cargo as we fly cargo and a 2% annual increase is a raise when inflation is at 4 plus percent. I mean the math around here checks out about as much as how a midnight departure in YVR isn’t a redeye for yyz crew. I mean who negotiates “gains” in a contract without clear language?

Mathemagicians – raise your hands.

However, I have some new math for this crew: addition by subtraction.

By this leader "stepping" down we are going to be way, way ahead.
---------- ADS -----------

a220hereicome
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: The Mathemagicians

Post by a220hereicome »

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

grimreaper70 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:30 pm The Mathemagicians

In a stunning array of some more math from the now world famous ACPA Mathemagicians that one assumes meets in a Maple Leafs press box with their respective leaders given the results of both organizations – the dictator in chief left us with some wisdom before casting off to “spend more time with his family” - despite the contrary evidence that ACPA Island was turning into the "Lord of Flies" with the great leader looking to share the same fate as poor “Piggy”

Demonstrating some brilliant yoga like capabilities, the leader was able to execute a thorough padding of his own back that would make depots around the globe jealous. He rejoiced in “pay rates increasing” & “creating new jobs”. The propaganda speakers could be heard all the way to Tiananmen Square – not far from where a poor 777 Captain is eating his morning “camp” breakfast in isolation with a brand new Sim card inserted in his phone given to him from the gracious local government. The bread in the bag is looking pretty delicious right about now.

Naturally, this left cargo division pilots scratching their heads as they prepare for the launch of the “door to door but not door to door 10% discount” freight division which will be a direct competitor to WestJet’s “whatcha guys doing over there” cargo branch. No word yet on the coffee maker but given the mass savings on pilot salaries – one must assume it will be out performing even the most talented furloughed Starbucks barista. With EI ending for furloughs, the promised recall parade through ACPA square still has no date with participation capped at 300. The member services division did offer some encouragement for the other 300 with the recommendation “to seek employment in different industries”. I guess they aren’t even following the McDonald’s mantra where they at least offer free smiles.

Vacation buybacks contract violations, software programing not ready so no bidding for G days, errors on red eye pairings – this place may as well switch to China’s preferred Covid test of anal swabbing given the never-ending amount of bending over.

The mathemagicians have done some serious magic tricks in the last year: from the explanation that overtime has zero effect on crewing, the year 2023 is still a full 2 years away, that a 10% paycut is actually a 90% raise because we don’t fly cargo as we fly cargo and a 2% annual increase is a raise when inflation is at 4 plus percent. I mean the math around here checks out about as much as how a midnight departure in YVR isn’t a redeye for yyz crew. I mean who negotiates “gains” in a contract without clear language?

Mathemagicians – raise your hands.

However, I have some new math for this crew: addition by subtraction.

By this leader "stepping" down we are going to be way, way ahead.
Spot on.

Sickening to be a part of this, isn't it.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

My prediction is that by the time the dust settles pretty well every Part 704/705 pilot group in Canada will be ALPA represented.

Except 1.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

I think given time it will be zero. Patients.

Inevitable.

loudmouth
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by loudmouth »

MM's "resignation letter" sounded more like personal pat on the back than anything. Propping himself up on all the great work he did... :lol: Just great great work. Non ratified MOAs, 55 hours for flat pay, Cargo-10%, Best Fit (ugh), AIP passed how long ago now and still no G days???, Rouge Restart, Vacation Buybacks while pilots furloughed, Hong Kong debacle (why the @#$! were we still overnighting there?) and now a ridiculously over complicated recall process that doesn't respect seniority and puts financial pressure to accept the first position offered by the company by what are already broke 600 furloughs. I hope everyone remembers how little ACPA leadership cared about you while you were on the street.

I guess trying to spin all these contract losses as wins for a reason? Maybe so then Mr. PBSC Chair/Negots committee member who was involved with all of them now running for NEM can claim he did a "good job".... Dear God if he wins it's over for us all.
f166e891649808ae1348a04bef12e511.jpg
f166e891649808ae1348a04bef12e511.jpg (87.07 KiB) Viewed 2784 times

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

rudder wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:52 am My prediction is that by the time the dust settles pretty well every Part 704/705 pilot group in Canada will be ALPA represented.

Except 1.
One step closer to no exceptions. 8)

Return to “Air Canada”