Best guess when hiring will happen

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Best guess when hiring will happen

Post by link821 »

How are things going in the training department? I heard someone who was in the March 14th Gs got called back earlier then originally planned. A good sign ?
---------- ADS -----------

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Caterpillar »

link821 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:06 pm How are things going in the training department? I heard someone who was in the March 14th Gs got called back earlier then originally planned. A good sign ?
I don’t want to jump the gun, but I have a feeling we will get a call in January to start the process and redo whatever tests they will require…

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

link821 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:06 pm How are things going in the training department? I heard someone who was in the March 14th Gs got called back earlier then originally planned. A good sign ?
Everybody has previously been recalled. ‘Earlier’ may be a suggestion that a planned training schedule was moved up. All pilots returned to payroll are required to be available to commence training.

There was no March 14 GS. March 16 (Jazz) and March 19 (SKV).

Still no official guidance on 2022 hiring.

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

rudder wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:24 pm
Everybody has previously been recalled. ‘Earlier’ may be a suggestion that a planned training schedule was moved up. All pilots returned to payroll are required to be available to commence training.

Right sorry, March 16th. It will be interesting to see how much of the process we have to redo when that time comes.

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

link821 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:39 pm
rudder wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:24 pm

Right sorry, March 16th. It will be interesting to see how much of the process we have to redo when that time comes.
I haven’t heard anything from HR since the employment offer has been rescinded. The only information I have came from this forum, with someone saying he heard someone saying the offers will be honoured. I just wish we knew so if they won’t be hiring in 2022, or if they make us compete again in the hiring process / pool, I might just apply at Porter.

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

I contacted HR directly awhile back and asked a few questions. Sounds like they aren’t certain yet when they can take on a new class but those of us who had job offers will most likely have to redo some part of the interview process(wasn’t specific) when that time comes.

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

Jazz will probably lose out to Porter, many qualified candidates who can't or won't wait for the Jazz hiring to start.

And I agree that communication from the Jazz HR dept. has been lacking.

Gravity always wins
flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

Love the company but man do they take forever. It took 2 months from the first call to my job offer. That excludes the months waiting for the call..

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

flyingcanuck wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:35 am Love the company but man do they take forever. It took 2 months from the first call to my job offer. That excludes the months waiting for the call..
I originally interviewed in November and was placed in the pool in December then wasn’t called for the March ground school till mid February lol

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

link821 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:56 pm
flyingcanuck wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:35 am Love the company but man do they take forever. It took 2 months from the first call to my job offer. That excludes the months waiting for the call..
I originally interviewed in November and was placed in the pool in December then wasn’t called for the March ground school till mid February lol
They are very slow indeed. I interviewed in July didn't hear anything until October and then was in a January groundschool. Worth the wait though.

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

I’m torn between contacting them to get some answers, or let them do their job knowing they are busy with all the shenanigans related to the recalls and the new variants etc.

I just want answers…

YYZshill
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by YYZshill »

RegionalPilot wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:31 pm I’m torn between contacting them to get some answers, or let them do their job knowing they are busy with all the shenanigans related to the recalls and the new variants etc.

I just want answers…
I finished my medical in March 2020, was waiting to hear back for next steps, but torn as well for answers too.

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

With almost 2+ yrs of no hiring at Jazz, there must be a large inventory of puppy mill college grad candidates available once the hiring does fire up again....perhaps lots of competition for available positions.

Gravity always wins
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

RegionalPilot wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:17 am I haven’t heard anything from HR since the employment offer has been rescinded. The only information I have came from this forum, with someone saying he heard someone saying the offers will be honoured. I just wish we knew so if they won’t be hiring in 2022, or if they make us compete again in the hiring process / pool, I might just apply at Porter.
Apply at Porter. Don't ever think that any company is there to serve your best interests. No matter where you go, you will be a number to them. You will be an asset up until the day they decide otherwise.

Do what you need to do to succeed and be happy.

I hope that you hear back from Jazz soon and get a ground school date in the near future.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Jazz is an amazing company and I love it, been here many years now and am a lifer (decided before Covid). That being said in this current state of the world....take whatever job you can get (especially if its non-bonded). Who knows with all these variants and govt restrictions for god who knows how long.....apply everywhere and take what you can get. Hopefully one day we will be back to being able to pick and choose where we work, however, for now get a seat and get comfortable. Building time on any type will make you that much more prepared for when anyone calls (especially for upgrades in the future).

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

RegionalPilot wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:31 pm I’m torn between contacting them to get some answers, or let them do their job knowing they are busy with all the shenanigans related to the recalls and the new variants etc.

I just want answers…
Has AC sent a letter or email to pilots on cancelled courses with a guaranteed course commitment and timeline? I don’t think so, although I stand to be corrected.

If AC isn’t doing so, I would not expect Jazz to be doing do either.

Once either or both carriers determine that hiring is inevitable, then the wheels will start turning. Until then, you would be lucky to even get a verbal update, much less a commitment. There is zero legal obligation to honour a previous job offer that was never consummated by joining payroll. Doing so is an act of goodwill but certainly reflects employer integrity.

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

rudder wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:31 pm

I just want answers…
Has AC sent a letter or email to pilots on cancelled courses with a guaranteed course commitment and timeline? I don’t think so, although I stand to be corrected.

Once either or both carriers determine that hiring is inevitable, then the wheels will start turning. Until then, you would be lucky to even get a verbal update, much less a commitment. There is zero legal obligation to honour a previous job offer that was never consummated by joining payroll. Doing so is an act of goodwill but certainly reflects employer integrity.
Genuinely curious and not a snarky question here but was jazz under any obligation to take on the sky regional/Georgian pilots?

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

link821 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:21 pm
rudder wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:31 pm

I just want answers…

Genuinely curious and not a snarky question here but was jazz under any obligation to take on the sky regional/Georgian pilots?
No... but why exactly shouldn't we take them?

Also, now is not a very good time to tap your feet and be impatient. Look around you, the OMICRON wave is mobilizing nearly all the manpower we have in all departments. It will pass however, and when it does, there will be hiring.

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

Edit mistake.

Last edited by the-minister31 on Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

RegionalPilot wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:31 pm Genuinely curious and not a snarky question here but was jazz under any obligation to take on the sky regional/Georgian pilots?

No, but they had about 1-2 months to transfer 25 E175 to your fleet and didn't have qualified pilots or instructors. They needed qualified pilots And it worked out for the better because the initial training for the E175 isn't approved yet (or at least mgmt didn't annouce it was), almost 1 year later.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”