Sky Service Business Aviation

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Sky Service Business Aviation

Post by PitchLink »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:12 am IIRC Yes. Not sure exactly what it is these days but they were scheduled.
PitchLink wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:06 pm
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:15 pm

Not sure exactly what you mean, but as far as service, they are a heavy maintenance organization. They suffer like most operators at keeping AME and pilot talent, particularly in a short supply market.
Badly written post sorry. I meant to ask if they have decent shifts or work schedules for the maintenance staff.

I don’t know much about that side of the industry but I’ve heard it’s almost like you’re on call 24/7 at some management companies
---------- ADS -----------

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

PitchLink wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:14 pm
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:12 am IIRC Yes. Not sure exactly what it is these days but they were scheduled.
PitchLink wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:06 pm

Badly written post sorry. I meant to ask if they have decent shifts or work schedules for the maintenance staff.

I don’t know much about that side of the industry but I’ve heard it’s almost like you’re on call 24/7 at some management companies
I have heard of one that is a basic 40 hour work week. My question is, how do you run an on-call flight side with a 40 hour mx work week?

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:26 pm
PitchLink wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:14 pm

I have heard of one that is a basic 40 hour work week. My question is, how do you run an on-call flight side with a 40 hour mx work week?
That’s just it, you can’t. I think I know the one you’re talking about. They let potential ames know in the interview process it’s a Monday to Friday gig then flip conditions on its head once you pass probation and or sign a training bond, at that point they have you on a leash. I’ve been doing my research diligently in corporate maintenance as I was thinking about trying it out for a better schedule than rotary. It actually sounds worse to me. You’re on call but not being paid to be on call from what I’ve heard, sounds like hell.
There is a solution, hire more guys licensed on type, but why pay two guys to do a 1.76 man job when you can just pay one and burn him out. That’s the equation I think…..

Return to “Corporate”