Pilots For Change - ACPA Wages & Inflation Ep#2

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

loudmouth
Rank 1
Rank 1

Pilots For Change - ACPA Wages & Inflation Ep#2

Post by loudmouth »

https://youtu.be/T0x3t0tXfaM

Have some alcohol nearby.
---------- ADS -----------

dumpsterfire
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Pilots For Change - ACPA Wages & Inflation Ep#2

Post by dumpsterfire »

It's unfortunate what has happened but is the good news that after trending so harshly down that the only way is up?

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Is it??? I promise you they will --always-- come back for more.

What's needed is a "line in the sand". Figure out where that is, and that's your "bottom". Until that is defined, the slide downhill WILL continue.

ACPA has handed us one -shit sandwich- after another. The latest is "best fit" with hourly RAPS. The group is just starting to choke that turd down. Once again, we are screwing our junior Membership who have no choice but to sit reserve. I always wonder what we're receiving back for such atrocious --permanent-- changes to our WACON. My bet is absolutely nothing of value.

I can't wait for the "600" to come back to our "new" reserve rules. They're gonna be pissed, big time.

With regard to representation, the baby needs to be thrown out with the bath water. FAST.

200Above
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 200Above »

I can't wait for the "600" to come back to our "new" reserve rules. They're gonna be pissed, big time.
I can’t wait to see how many bypass. Then, in a years time, when everyone is back who ‘wants’ to be back, how many LOA’s they give out.

AC is NOT the same company/ working conditions I was hired under.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

What? It’s not the “NHL of aviation”? And here I thought I flying in the AHL of aviation

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

hithere wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:39 pm What? It’s not the “NHL of aviation”? And here I thought I flying in the AHL of aviation
This should answer your question.

Episode 3. New hire pay :shock:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fK2u0PA8mBw

navajo_jay
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by navajo_jay »

hithere wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:39 pm What? It’s not the “NHL of aviation”? And here I thought I flying in the AHL of aviation
It feels more like PeeWee B and the son's Headcoach plays on the 1st line and on the power play and doesn't know how to shoot :shock:

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

It certainly didn't used to be that way. Nearly all of our losses stem from ACPA's refusal to demand "snap-back" clauses. I never minded helping out in times of need, but there needed to be payback, or at minimum "return to normal" when times were good.

This was NEVER ACPA policy.

Permanent concessions have ruled the day since 2004. Because of this, the Membership is dejected, despondent and disengaged. Exactly where the Company wants us. They have no interest in seeing our attitude toward our profession change.

As an aside, did anyone notice that the YYZ LEC Chair and acting MEC Chair are becoming active on the forum? There was also a recent derogatory post by MM about P4C. I wonder what's up.

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

Fanblade wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:06 am
This should answer your question.

Episode 3. New hire pay :shock:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fK2u0PA8mBw

This is disturbing. (Full disclosure - I don’t work for AC)

This will impact the whole industry.

Government and companies aside, we are also our own worst enemies. Pilots who protest against poor and or deteriorating WAWCON are canceled and called “ bad apples,” “entitled,” etc etc by their colleagues . Unless we change how we treat eachother this bs won’t change.

Return to “Air Canada”