The Weiserhood

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

grimreaper70
Rank 1
Rank 1

The Weiserhood

Post by grimreaper70 »

The Weiserhood

In a line of commercial’s released from Wiser’s whiskey, from Toronto no less, men navigate the perils of society to ultimately be rewarded with a ***slow clap*** from 5 gentlemen.

Take a look -> they are only 30 secs (a lot shorter of time than reading any thread of pilots turned expert epidemiologists)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuScm9FZPmQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py10OcDomkw

Symbolic that 5 men sit around and celebrate “welcome to the society of uncompromising men”. If one isn’t aware of the identities of the 5, look no further than the LECs of Vangcouver (official pronunciation), the “that place looks nice from far but is really far from good however the people are nice” - Winnipeg, and the place of ICAO’s HQ but also the “ALPA is evil” HQ - Montreal.

The issue is that these 5 have been very compromising to the company. I suppose it is confusing times and hard to identify your side but these guys have more “own goals” than even the worst Timbits hockey team. I mean at some point even the most patient coach would break them up. This team was literally given a breakaway pass from the government in the form of improved fatigue regulations and somehow managed to circle around the net, head back into their own zone and “roof it” top shelf over the membership in the form of best fit.

We still haven’t heard anything about the mysterious disappearance of the no vacation buybacks with furloughs clause. Apparently this bulletin has shared the same fate as the update if the Captain ever escaped Penny Bay quarantine “camp” in Hong Kong. I guess we will sweep that one under the carpet too even if this rug is beginning to look like the Himalayas with so much crap now buried – I am not even sure an escape chart will be enough to navigate through those mounds of shit.

The issue at hand is how a particular name keeps quietly reappearing. Apparently ACPALand is following the coattails of world depots and consolidating power to as few as possible. The mantra appears to be the opposite of good CRM – let’s hear from as few people as possible.

“ATC, Augie, dispatch – watch this!”

It was revealed that the member of the Grievance, CMSC, External Affairs, OHS Committees, the YWG LEC Chair and Negotiating Chair is now the MEC Chair. Even if this is temporary – it is still alarming as I’m assuming ACPA HQ has moved to the moon given how one wouldn’t be crushed from the gravitational force of wearing so many hats.

Quite concerning is that this one guy was voted in by 50 people out of a total membership of 4000+. I mean we haven’t seen this kind of power handed out since a single Flight Attendant was going to save the day for hundreds lives when the First Officer had to go poo poo. A flight attendant was going to monitor the Captain in the event he got any bad ideas. Transport Canada apparently solved the mystery of “Who does #2 work for?”

What is also alarming is we have 2 folks running for national positions on an election platform that “we need more ACPA to fix ACPA…” (One is also on the negotiating committee) Fire bells should be ringing in every member’s ear if one thinks this is a good idea. There aren't enough fire extinguisher bottles on any fleet to put out that explosive “I’ll just a drink a little of that Delhi tap water” diarrhea gas fire.

So folks –Let’s all slow clap and have a drink, or possibly a lot more, to cope with this place. The land of where apparently less people equals more for an association

“Welcome to the Weiserhood”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW68goC4_es
---------- ADS -----------

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: The Weiserhood

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

These are the best stories to come along since 182driver (Henri) regaled us with his legendary exploits on the Mighty Dash-8. I can only hope that he left Jazz, made it to AC and that you and he are in fact one in the same person and you just changed your username to keep people guessing. Keep 'em coming!
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Air Canada”