Flair Hiring B737 FO's

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Flair Hiring B737 FO's

Post by C-GGGQ »

BlueLights wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:32 pm
C-GGGQ wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:59 pm
Whitebless wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:25 pm Hello,

I was just looking at the Flair website. It seems like on the original website, the requirement for FO is 1500TT with ATPL, but on the newer hiring page, the requirement is 1000TT with SAMRA SARON written.

I'm wondering realistically is there any sense for guys with sub 1500 to apply since Flair is probably flooded by resumes. I am currently just over 1400TT with SAMRA/SARON completed.

Thank you very much
Short answer yes. I had fewer hours than that and was given an interview, same with a few others I know. If you want it, go for it
Hi, do you mind if I ask how long did it take you to get your call? I’m at around 1350TT and sent my resume and cover letter in late May. Haven’t heard anything back yet. Might just be my experience not competitive enough, but still curious and trying to be hopeful!
I don’t quite remember. I remember being shocked when I got the email for interview. 1300tt but most of it was two crew ifr turbine. Minimal pic. If you’re 1350 is mostly instructing it might be different for them. Not sure.
---------- ADS -----------

flyguy2135
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyguy2135 »

Would anyone be able to share what seniority(DOH) would be required to hold the YEG base?
Are there any plans for a YYC base in the future?

phuckit
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by phuckit »

Be sure you get certain information before showing up to an interview. They aren't necessarily hiring for all bases (although they won't tell you that). If you go for an interview make sure you have another way home. And be aware that they'll make you go across the country for an interview, but they don't cover hotels (etc). In my opinion the entire process was quite Mickey Mouse, very poor communication throughout, and an overall poor experience.

Soyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Soyer »

phukit, looking at your posting history you are clearly fairly inexperienced and have a bone to pick across the industry. Which bases Flair is hiring for does change and if in doubt simply ask! At the same time with the same time, based on growth, any pilot that is based 'away from home' will quickly hold that home base. But that is a decision for each pilot to make.

So Flair gets you to the interview on their dime but you want the hotel paid for as well? How about food? Should they also cover your entertainment? If you are interested then show some commitment yourself.

Mickey mouse - not quite. I know a few friends who have been through the process and its highly professional. The testing and interview process works and that is clearly demonstrated in the quality of the candidates that are passing initial training. A number of returning overseas pilots have commented that they surprised by the depth of the process.

CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

tbaylx wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:46 am
KDO_YUL wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:10 pm Is the YUL base a bid option on the current ground schools? Is it popular amongst the current staff? Just trying to figure out if it would be realistic to think you'd have a chance at it as a new hire
Montreal is opening July 1st. There are open FO and Captain spots as of the latest bid so a new hire should have no problem holding Montreal currently.
hey , when is the Montreal base set to open finally? thanks for your answer.

take care

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

CanadianPilotQc wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:50 am
KDO_YUL wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:10 pm Is the YUL base a bid option on the current ground schools? Is it popular amongst the current staff? Just trying to figure out if it would be realistic to think you'd have a chance at it as a new hire
Montreal is opening July 1st. There are open FO and Captain spots as of the latest bid so a new hire should have no problem holding Montreal currently.

take care
Due to a variety of issues, including construction at YUL limiting slot times the YUL base has been postponed to a future date. I don't have any further information on when that might be at this time.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

flyguy2135 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:27 pm Would anyone be able to share what seniority(DOH) would be required to hold the YEG base?
Are there any plans for a YYC base in the future?
As a Captain it will likely be until the new year when a 4th plane arrives, as an FO I'd assume you could get YEG tomorrow, but tbaylx is the only one to actually answer. As for if and when yyc? Anybody's guess.

CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

tbaylx wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:52 pm

take care
Due to a variety of issues, including construction at YUL limiting slot times the YUL base has been postponed to a future date. I don't have any further information on when that might be at this time.
Thanks for your transparency. Is it possible to have YOW as a New hire ? or is it pretty senior.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

CanadianPilotQc wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:55 pm

take care
Thanks for your transparency. Is it possible to have YOW as a New hire ? or is it pretty senior.
Our most junior pilot in YOW was hired in March 2022. There are 8 or so pilots waiting to move there however we anticipate a third aircraft moving to YOW next year that will open up additional spots. I would anticipate that a new hire would be able to hold YOW by next spring

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Apestogetherstrong »

tbaylx wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:14 pm
Our most junior pilot in YOW was hired in March 2022. There are 8 or so pilots waiting to move there however we anticipate a third aircraft moving to YOW next year that will open up additional spots. I would anticipate that a new hire would be able to hold YOW by next spring
What are the most Junior bases currently? Easy to hold ykf or yyz?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Apestogetherstrong wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:41 pm

YKF is quite junior, we're currently hiring DECs in YKF. YYZ, due to its relative size, is also junior and available to new hires. YOW has a short wait list and isn't available until spring 2023 likely. For western bases YEG is relatively senior for captains, short wait for FO's. YVR is available and YXX has a waitlist as well.

We're taking another 10 aircraft in 2023 so positions across all bases will open up in the spring as well as a new base coming.

redblue1010
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by redblue1010 »

Is Flair still interviewing FOs?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

redblue1010 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:35 pm Is Flair still interviewing FOs?
Yes, we are currently running one course a month of 12-16 pilots. We have approximately 10 open YKF DEC spots, the remainder are First Officer positions.

Beginning January, we will ramp up for 2023 hiring and increase to ~30 pilots/month for the first half of 2023.

Roundel Randy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roundel Randy »

tbaylx wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:07 am

YKF is quite junior, we're currently hiring DECs in YKF. YYZ, due to its relative size, is also junior and available to new hires. YOW has a short wait list and isn't available until spring 2023 likely. For western bases YEG is relatively senior for captains, short wait for FO's. YVR is available and YXX has a waitlist as well.

We're taking another 10 aircraft in 2023 so positions across all bases will open up in the spring as well as a new base coming.
Will there be another base opening in the West like in Calgary?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Roundel Randy wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:50 pm

8) I'd say that might be a reasonable hypothesis

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

tbaylx wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:44 pm

Should we expect YYC before YUL?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

kiaszceski wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:08 pm
tbaylx wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:44 pm

Should we expect YYC before YUL?
Likely yes.

Anto.ynd
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Anto.ynd »

How long after submitting a resume should someone expect to have any feedback from HR ? I summited my application more two months ago and still no response.. I have all the required flight hours/atpl for the job :?

Thanks

tsukubacpe
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by tsukubacpe »

Maybe try applying again?
I sent mine on a Wednesday and receive the invitation for an interview a few days later.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Anto.ynd wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:37 am How long after submitting a resume should someone expect to have any feedback from HR ? I summited my application more two months ago and still no response.. I have all the required flight hours/atpl for the job :?

Thanks
Try sending an email to pilotjobs@flyflair.com and they can look into your application for you. The recruiting team is prioritizing type rated and experienced pilots at the momentt that are either able to take DEC positions or upgrade in 2023.

Return to “Flair Airlines”