Flair Hiring B737 FO's

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Nav99
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Flair Hiring B737 FO's

Post by Nav99 »

tbaylx wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:33 pm
Nav99 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:32 am Thank you for the quick response.
I have 3000 hrs on B737NG/MAX & My TT is 5000hrs.
I am scheduling myself for FAAA exam to convert my FAA ATP to TCCA ATP
I have B1 visa.

Thanks
Regards
That experience would be quite competitive at the moment. I'd suggest starting the C1D visa (the processing time can be extended due to COVID and we won't hire a candidate that doesn't already have the C1D although they will interview without it) and ensuring you highlight that you have a B1, are applying for the C1D, and have the right to work in Canada.

We have a lot of foreign pilot applicants that apply without a PR or right to work so if you're not a Canadian citizen but have a PR and an overseas address your application may hide in the masses of unqualified pilots. If you don't have a Candian license or medical that will likely also get you missed.

All of those documents would need to be in place prior to an employment offer

Thank you for the detailed response.
So does that mean that i need to have crew visa before applying for the job or I can apply for it after the employment offer becuase they might would like to see the offer before giving a crew visa.

I do have a Canadian address.
---------- ADS -----------

KDO_YUL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by KDO_YUL »

Is the YUL base a bid option on the current ground schools? Is it popular amongst the current staff? Just trying to figure out if it would be realistic to think you'd have a chance at it as a new hire

Flyer@9
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flyer@9 »

Hello! I am a Canadian Citizen flying for a Low Cost Airline in Asia

I have a valid ICAO ATPL, TRANSPORT Canada CPL and FAA CPL
Current on B737 MAX, NG (700, 800, 900) and Freighter (700, 800)

I have nearly 3500 + hours on NG, MAX N FREIGHTERS
My Total Time is 4500+ hours.

Plan to come back to Canada for Flying.
Kindly advise as there is no option for TRANSPORT CANADA CPL ON ur Job Portal.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

KDO_YUL wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:10 pm Is the YUL base a bid option on the current ground schools? Is it popular amongst the current staff? Just trying to figure out if it would be realistic to think you'd have a chance at it as a new hire
Montreal is opening July 1st. There are open FO and Captain spots as of the latest bid so a new hire should have no problem holding Montreal currently.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Flyer@9 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:14 pm Hello! I am a Canadian Citizen flying for a Low Cost Airline in Asia

I have a valid ICAO ATPL, TRANSPORT Canada CPL and FAA CPL
Current on B737 MAX, NG (700, 800, 900) and Freighter (700, 800)

I have nearly 3500 + hours on NG, MAX N FREIGHTERS
My Total Time is 4500+ hours.

Plan to come back to Canada for Flying.
Kindly advise as there is no option for TRANSPORT CANADA CPL ON ur Job Portal.
Pilots require a Candian ATPL so that is why there is no option for selecting a CPL.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Nav99 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:48 am
tbaylx wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:33 pm
Nav99 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:32 am Thank you for the quick response.
I have 3000 hrs on B737NG/MAX & My TT is 5000hrs.
I am scheduling myself for FAAA exam to convert my FAA ATP to TCCA ATP
I have B1 visa.

Thanks
Regards
That experience would be quite competitive at the moment. I'd suggest starting the C1D visa (the processing time can be extended due to COVID and we won't hire a candidate that doesn't already have the C1D although they will interview without it) and ensuring you highlight that you have a B1, are applying for the C1D, and have the right to work in Canada.

We have a lot of foreign pilot applicants that apply without a PR or right to work so if you're not a Canadian citizen but have a PR and an overseas address your application may hide in the masses of unqualified pilots. If you don't have a Candian license or medical that will likely also get you missed.

All of those documents would need to be in place prior to an employment offer

Thank you for the detailed response.
So does that mean that i need to have crew visa before applying for the job or I can apply for it after the employment offer becuase they might would like to see the offer before giving a crew visa.

I do have a Canadian address.
I'd suggest reaching out to the recruiting team directly at pilotjobs@flyflair.com

KDO_YUL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by KDO_YUL »

tbaylx wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:46 am
KDO_YUL wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:10 pm Is the YUL base a bid option on the current ground schools? Is it popular amongst the current staff? Just trying to figure out if it would be realistic to think you'd have a chance at it as a new hire
Montreal is opening July 1st. There are open FO and Captain spots as of the latest bid so a new hire should have no problem holding Montreal currently.
Thanks for the reply!

Soaringwings
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Soaringwings »

DinosaurBoeing wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:14 am Hi,

I’ve just been accepted in the hiring pool for FO position at flair. Does anybody know how much time it should takes before receiving a groundschool invitation? Are the ones in march already full?

Thanks a lot!!
Any insight on the interview and tests?

Flyer@9
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flyer@9 »

Thank You for the Response. I do understand that the minimum requirement for any Airline Pilot job is an ATPL.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have a valid ICAO contracting state ATPL and as per CAR:

"Credit for foreign training and skills
We will grant credits to foreign pilot licence holders if the foreign licence:

is medically valid, and
comes from a country that is a member of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
You will meet the ground school instruction requirement if you:

hold a commercial or higher type of pilot licence in the aeroplane category, which was issued by an ICAO contracting state, and
meet applicable experience requirements"

I do realise that there is an urgent requirement for TRAINED, RATED and CURRENT Flight Crew for B 737 MAX, NG. If hired on Canadian CPL then the conversion to CANADIAN ATPL should be a fairly simple process.

Kindly Advise.

Thanks and Regards.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Flyer@9 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:26 pm Thank You for the Response. I do understand that the minimum requirement for any Airline Pilot job is an ATPL.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have a valid ICAO contracting state ATPL and as per CAR:

"Credit for foreign training and skills
We will grant credits to foreign pilot licence holders if the foreign licence:

is medically valid, and
comes from a country that is a member of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
You will meet the ground school instruction requirement if you:

hold a commercial or higher type of pilot licence in the aeroplane category, which was issued by an ICAO contracting state, and
meet applicable experience requirements"

I do realise that there is an urgent requirement for TRAINED, RATED and CURRENT Flight Crew for B 737 MAX, NG. If hired on Canadian CPL then the conversion to CANADIAN ATPL should be a fairly simple process.

Kindly Advise.

Thanks and Regards.
Legally we are able to recruit pilots as FO's with a Canadian CPL. Due to the rapid upgrade times, Flair's minimum requirements are a valid Canadian ATPL. In your specific case in order for the recruiting team to consider your application, you would need to convert your ICAO licence to a Canadian ATPL. As you mentioned above that should be a fairly simple process for you to complete.

While a current 737 rating and experience on type is considered an asset we aren't specifically prioritizing pilots who are rated.

Flyer@9
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flyer@9 »

Once again Thank You for the timely response and sharing the Insight...Much Appreciate it.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

Duckdriver wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:20 pm Does Flair offer flight passes on other airlines for commuting/travel?
At the moment we have AC, WJ, Sunwing, Transat, Helijet, United, Frontier, Breeze and Aegean and Olympic in Europe. Some smaller 704/705 carriers in Canada and more airlines and agreements are consistently being added.

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

flying4dollars wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:08 pm
Duckdriver wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:20 pm Does Flair offer flight passes on other airlines for commuting/travel?
At the moment we have AC, WJ, Sunwing, Transat, Helijet, United, Frontier, Breeze and Aegean and Olympic in Europe. Some smaller 704/705 carriers in Canada and more airlines and agreements are consistently being added.
For pilots only. Family can only travel on Flair and no one else. No ZED agreements for family members with any airline and no intent to add this any time soon. Costs the company too much from what I've heard.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

cargocowboy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:00 pm
tbaylx wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:55 am
Vectorvictor1304 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:09 am Could someone tell me what the chances are of holding YXX as a new hire FO?

Or how long it would take someone to bid for the YXX/YVR bases as a new hire?
YXX is going as junior as the Feb 2022 new hires. YVR in January 2022.

We're adding 8 aircraft this year of which one is going to YVR and there should be more there next year so I anticipate availability in YVR again in 2023 although they are our relatively more senior bases.
How about CYEG for seniority?

Thanks
Your question likely got missed, tbaylx can say for sure, but for the right seat you would have no problem holding YEG within a month or two. The left seat is senior only because it was previously a base and got closed down. It is scheduled to receive a second machine this year which will help. Also, the day a YYC base opens, (or if it opens), a schwack of YEG spots will open up overnight. If a YLW base opens, the YVR/YXX pipe will clear right up as well.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Arnie Pye wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:55 am
flying4dollars wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:08 pm
For pilots only. Family can only travel on Flair and no one else. No ZED agreements for family members with any airline and no intent to add this any time soon. Costs the company too much from what I've heard.
Correct for now. It's not a cost issue (MyIdtravel integration with Lufthansa is paid and complete) but integration with our reservation system. That requires significant IT resources and is likely 6-12 months out. The intent is to add ZED fares for staff and family.

FlyFast05
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlyFast05 »

What is the likelihood of holding YYZ or YKF as a new hire? Thanks in advance!

cargocowboy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cargocowboy »

co-joe wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:31 pm
cargocowboy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:00 pm
tbaylx wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:55 am

YXX is going as junior as the Feb 2022 new hires. YVR in January 2022.

We're adding 8 aircraft this year of which one is going to YVR and there should be more there next year so I anticipate availability in YVR again in 2023 although they are our relatively more senior bases.
How about CYEG for seniority?

Thanks
Your question likely got missed, tbaylx can say for sure, but for the right seat you would have no problem holding YEG within a month or two. The left seat is senior only because it was previously a base and got closed down. It is scheduled to receive a second machine this year which will help. Also, the day a YYC base opens, (or if it opens), a schwack of YEG spots will open up overnight. If a YLW base opens, the YVR/YXX pipe will clear right up as well.
Thank you

the_new_guy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by the_new_guy »

Hi, got a quick question concerning base bid:

If someone bids YUL #1 and the base is not opened yet, he/she gets YYZ or some other base. Once YUL opens, does he/she get the base then?

I know you would normally have to go through another bid but how's that work when it comes to a base not yet opened?

Thank you!

skier_24
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by skier_24 »

Can someone update us on the groudschool situation? I guess march classes are full, what about april’s?

Thank you!

Max121
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Max121 »

Does anyone know what COMPASS test look like, if it difficult and is there a place we can practice ?

Return to “Flair Airlines”