Flair Hiring B737 FO's

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ready
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Flair Hiring B737 FO's

Post by ready »

Is there anyone that could share what the rosters are looking like for the newer hires at the company? Are they reasonably efficient, Can you get any days off you request (are you working every weekend), is there much reserve, how many days off between days of flying (can you commute)...?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Purgatory
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Purgatory »

Has anyone been given a course date yet for 2022, Capt or F/O?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

ready wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:12 pm Is there anyone that could share what the rosters are looking like for the newer hires at the company? Are they reasonably efficient, Can you get any days off you request (are you working every weekend), is there much reserve, how many days off between days of flying (can you commute)...?

Thanks
Rosters are relatively efficient with high credit turns. Most pilots are holding 15+ days off a month, some new hires have over 20 days off. Reserves are full blocks, we don't have mixed reserve blocks.

As a new hire, you may end up with a reserve block depending on the base and relative seniority. Anyone hired in 2022 will be in the top half of seniority by the end of 2023 so it's all relative. We have many commuters so it's certainly feasible and you can usually hold your days off in blocks however it's computerized bidding so if you arent' proficient in bidding you can certainly make a mess of your schedule.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Purgatory wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:48 am Has anyone been given a course date yet for 2022, Capt or F/O?
Course offers for the January 17th class have gone out. That class was mostly type-rated candidates. Offers for the two February classes should go out in the next couple of weeks prior to Christmas and March course offers will go out in January 2022 after the holidays.

Purgatory
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Purgatory »

Thanks.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

tbaylx wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:53 am
ready wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:12 pm Is there anyone that could share what the rosters are looking like for the newer hires at the company? Are they reasonably efficient, Can you get any days off you request (are you working every weekend), is there much reserve, how many days off between days of flying (can you commute)...?

Thanks
Rosters are relatively efficient with high credit turns. Most pilots are holding 15+ days off a month, some new hires have over 20 days off. Reserves are full blocks, we don't have mixed reserve blocks.

As a new hire, you may end up with a reserve block depending on the base and relative seniority. Anyone hired in 2022 will be in the top half of seniority by the end of 2023 so it's all relative. We have many commuters so it's certainly feasible and you can usually hold your days off in blocks however it's computerized bidding so if you arent' proficient in bidding you can certainly make a mess of your schedule.
I'm senior and I learned this lesson the hard way in September :lol: :lol:

Quality of life is pretty good here once you've gotten the PBS bidding system figured out. Add seniority on top of that and life is pretty gravy. Lots of opportunities for OT on your days off if you so choose. Just flew with a guy who's been here only 6 months, but in AC or WJ mainline years, that's like having 5+ year :lol:

matthew.oommen
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by matthew.oommen »

Have they already sent out offers for the Feb groundschools?
flying4dollars wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:58 pm
tbaylx wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:53 am

Thanks

I'm senior and I learned this lesson the hard way in September :lol: :lol:

Quality of life is pretty good here once you've gotten the PBS bidding system figured out. Add seniority on top of that and life is pretty gravy. Lots of opportunities for OT on your days off if you so choose. Just flew with a guy who's been here only 6 months, but in AC or WJ mainline years, that's like having 5+ year :lol:

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

Expect 18 days of reserve while at the bottom. Bidding system is all or nothing - full block or full reserve. I'd plan at least 4-6 months of reserve blocks. By the time someone gets on now, you'll be online in the fall. Not sure what the delivery schedule is that far out (deliveries = more pilots under you) Schedules depend on bases. Generally, all the senior guys I know do 8-10 days of high credit flying. Once you're off reserve you'll get all of min-credit flying until you get a few people under you.
You will probably get the days off that you want (aside from Christmas/new year etc)

Magnetron
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Magnetron »

Hello,

Can someone share their experience typically how long after the interview that you hear back from them whether you are in or not? Not necessarily the groundschool date but that you are in the hiring pool. Thanks!

matthew.oommen
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by matthew.oommen »

One week for me, to get into the pool.
Magnetron wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:39 am Hello,

Can someone share their experience typically how long after the interview that you hear back from them whether you are in or not? Not necessarily the groundschool date but that you are in the hiring pool. Thanks!

flybyyou
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flybyyou »

Anyone can give a heads up on what they ask for the compass test?

can pm as well.

thank you

what_limit?
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by what_limit? »

Hey Jazz RJ guy here, been at Jazz for 3 years and really quite enjoy it but I'm strongly considering jumping to Flair. Any insight from people out there who are/were in a similar situation is greatly appreciated.

Tldr: I haven't gone through this whole thread yet but if I'm asking the question someone else did- my apologies

Blue skies

what_limit?
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by what_limit? »

Hey Jazz RJ guy here, been at Jazz for 3 years and really quite enjoy it but I'm strongly considering jumping to Flair. Any insight from people out there who are/were in a similar situation is greatly appreciated.

Tldr: I haven't gone through this whole thread yet but if I'm asking the question someone else did- my apologies

Blue skies

y61900
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by y61900 »

Can anyone provide info in terms of the interview, compass test, and callback times ?

Thanks in advance.

Soyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Soyer »

The interview is fairly standard and will be informed by the results on your Compass and Hogan tests. Compass test information is widely available on the internet. The Hogan test is psychological based and is also used industry wide outside of Canada.

The intent is to find individuals who will fit the company culture! If you are high time and experienced but lack the 'personalty' to fit in then you likely will not be hired. If you are lower time but score well, are trainable and fit with culture then there is a good chance you will be offered a position.

Timeline for callback is usually less than 4 weeks with a confirmed date or pool information.

Skittles32
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Skittles32 »

Any recent news on ground school dates and invites?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Skittles32 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:40 pm Any recent news on ground school dates and invites?
We're running two ground schools a month through the end of May, possibly into June with 16 pilots each. Course offers have gone out for January, and most of the two February courses. March, April, and May offers will go out approximately 6-8 weeks prior to each course.

igorcanuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by igorcanuck »

Does anyone know the pilot recruitment email? I got an invite to an interview in December but wasn’t able to attend any of the available dates and haven’t heard back since.
I’m still very interested and would like to reach out to see if I can get another date. Feel free to PM me, thanks.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

igorcanuck wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:25 pm Does anyone know the pilot recruitment email? I got an invite to an interview in December but wasn’t able to attend any of the available dates and haven’t heard back since.
I’m still very interested and would like to reach out to see if I can get another date. Feel free to PM me, thanks.
Pilotjobs@flyflair.com

igorcanuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by igorcanuck »

tbaylx wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:04 pm
igorcanuck wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:25 pm Does anyone know the pilot recruitment email? I got an invite to an interview in December but wasn’t able to attend any of the available dates and haven’t heard back since.
Pilotjobs@flyflair.com
Thank you!

Return to “Flair Airlines”