Cargojet is starting to lose pilots and I am next

Discuss topics relating to Cargojet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rudderdogpilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Cargojet is starting to lose pilots and I am next

Post by rudderdogpilot »

Today we received an email saying:

"One of the concerns some of you have expressed is job security - many pilots feel extremely nervous that the Company will carry out terminations targeting specific groups. I want to go on the record that there is no intention of doing so - Cargojet is commited to working closely with the pilot group to provide our customers the highest level of service not only during the busy peak season but also thereafter. Our sole focus is on growing the business and solidifying opportunities for all our employees as we move into 2022. The company has an excellent track record and growth strategy - It is important that people who are integral to our advancement feel comfortable and secure. This sentiment is fully endorsed and supported by the senior Team."

How can the company say something like that after firing 23 pilots for absolutely no reasons while still hiring and using Mexican and American contract pilots. Of course people feel insecure. I am one of them. One thing for sure is that once I receive my recall at my previous company I will leave asap and 90% of the pilots I currently fly with will do the exact same! The management of this airline is worst than anything I have seen in my entire career. The pilots are too scared of talking or criticizing the company on a private employee group chat because some of the pilots send screenshots of conversations to higher management. After firing those pilots they really thought we would feel secure ? Please!
---------- ADS -----------

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Cargojet is starting to lose pilots and I am next

Post by imjustlurking »

rudderdogpilot wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:46 pm Today we received an email saying:

"One of the concerns some of you have expressed is job security - many pilots feel extremely nervous that the Company will carry out terminations targeting specific groups. I want to go on the record that there is no intention of doing so - Cargojet is commited to working closely with the pilot group to provide our customers the highest level of service not only during the busy peak season but also thereafter. Our sole focus is on growing the business and solidifying opportunities for all our employees as we move into 2022. The company has an excellent track record and growth strategy - It is important that people who are integral to our advancement feel comfortable and secure. This sentiment is fully endorsed and supported by the senior Team."

How can the company say something like that after firing 23 pilots for absolutely no reasons while still hiring and using Mexican and American contract pilots. Of course people feel insecure. I am one of them. One thing for sure is that once I receive my recall at my previous company I will leave asap and 90% of the pilots I currently fly with will do the exact same! The management of this airline is worst than anything I have seen in my entire career. The pilots are too scared of talking or criticizing the company on a private employee group chat because some of the pilots send screenshots of conversations to higher management. After firing those pilots they really thought we would feel secure ? Please!
The pilots are too scared of talking or criticizing the company on a private employee group chat
No matter the company you work for, sending disparaging remarks about your employer can get you into hot water. With that said, Cargojet has been portrayed as a shitty employer and I am happy that I was looked over back when they still had the 727 FE position.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Even if Cargojet did not fire those pilots, would any airline pilot *not* have gone back when recalled?

I understand your frustration, but if anything you are just proving the airline's point.

"How dare you fire pilots that were going to be recalled. Once I am recalled I will quit!"
Not really the strongest of threats...

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

So you can get fired for something you said in private?

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Oxi wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:37 pm So you can get fired for something you said in private?
Try googling "Jon Gruden".

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Oxi wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:37 pm So you can get fired for something you said in private?
Yes. If it gets out, it obviously was not private enough.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning the shit that CJ is pulling, but be careful what you say and to whom, because it can bite you in the ass.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

Last edited by fish4life on Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

rudderdogpilot wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:46 pm One thing for sure is that once I receive my recall at my previous company I will leave asap and 90% of the pilots I currently fly with will do the exact same! The management of this airline is worst than anything I have seen in my entire career. The pilots are too scared of talking or criticizing the company on a private employee group chat because some of the pilots send screenshots of conversations to higher management. After firing those pilots they really thought we would feel secure ? Please!
so you think you are any better for saying that? you dont want to be screwed but you want to screw them lol. you're one of those opportunists that just thinks about themselves. good luck man.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

CanadianPilotQc wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:19 am
rudderdogpilot wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:46 pm One thing for sure is that once I receive my recall at my previous company I will leave asap and 90% of the pilots I currently fly with will do the exact same! The management of this airline is worst than anything I have seen in my entire career. The pilots are too scared of talking or criticizing the company on a private employee group chat because some of the pilots send screenshots of conversations to higher management. After firing those pilots they really thought we would feel secure ? Please!
so you think you are any better for saying that? you dont want to be screwed but you want to screw them lol. you're one of those opportunists that just thinks about themselves. good luck man.
If you don't think about yourself, nobody will.

CargoJet management is definitely not considering the futures of any of its pilots.

CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

imjustlurking wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:00 am

CargoJet management is definitely not considering the futures of any of its pilots.

I get that but if you think like that you gotta play the game and don'T cry if you get fired the same way they wont cry when you going to resign to go back to freeze pay.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

CanadianPilotQc wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:40 am
imjustlurking wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:00 am

I get that but if you think like that you gotta play the game and don'T cry if you get fired the same way they wont cry when you going to resign to go back to freeze pay.
I believe that the feeling of "I'm going to leave as soon as I can" can be brought on by the uncertainty of security.

The airline I am at (spoiler, not CargoJet) recalled me recently. I was super happy to go back because I have a sense of security with them. Even when I was on layoff of an undetermined time, I felt that my long term security was there. I have had other jobs where I was actively looking for new jobs because I wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to be screwed.

Return to “Cargojet”