Parlez vous le 'spy talk'?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Counterpoint
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Parlez vous le 'spy talk'?

Post by Counterpoint »

“ Understanding does not mean that I have to sympathize with your thoughts nor does it mean that I have to respect your thoughts.”

Bravo - you’ve made my point.
---------- ADS -----------

mijbil
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by mijbil »

Time for the QC french language inquisitors to fire up the forges and heat the branding irons for the latest heretic. This guy is from Justin's favourite company, SNC Lavalin of the 9000 jobs 'saved'.... well until the former justice minister, Jody Wilson-Raybould (correctly) refused to go along with the corruption, but that's another tale.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal ... -1.6246286
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busines ... in-quebec/
https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/snc-lavalin ... -1.1680841

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Rousseau is complimenting Montreal and its' people for welcoming him, for being so diverse and tolerant and accepting of an outsider with subpar French ability that is intended as a friendly gesture and show of respect... but it's not enough, never will be enough, for Counterpoint, Quebec, and Quebecers... centre of the universe in this country...

Every Canadian knows it, kid gloves handling Quebec issues, so fragile, so sensitive... really it's just bullshit leverage that will never end against the rest of us...

Every other Canadian rolls their eyes.

I don't care anymore. Go be what you want to be and pay your bill at the door.

mijbil
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by mijbil »

Another good article. The comments are worth a read as well.
https://nationalpost.com/opinion/chris- ... -civilians
The QCers are cutting their economic throats with this language business. The author touches on other points as well such as the fact that the "pur laine" are not reproducing at even a replacement rate and are thus having to import from such sought after french speaking locales like Haiti, Cameroon, and the Ivory Coast. The full list is in the article.
Having arrogant fools like the black faced surfing coward of the cottage chime in is only making it worse. Here he is telling us how great he and all the QC PM's have been.
Really?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNg3acnGAsc 0:48 for the verbals from JT with English subtitles
https://nationalpost.com/opinion/kelly- ... not-canada
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudea ... -1.1241750

I'm with you Altiplano
altiplano wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:39 pm Rousseau is complimenting Montreal and its' people for welcoming him, for being so diverse and tolerant and accepting of an outsider with subpar French ability that is intended as a friendly gesture and show of respect... but it's not enough, never will be enough, for Counterpoint, Quebec, and Quebecers... centre of the universe in this country...

Every Canadian knows it, kid gloves handling Quebec issues, so fragile, so sensitive... really it's just bullshit leverage that will never end against the rest of us...

Add in the Yukon and NWT and this idea is looking better and better every day. For those out there in avcanadaland, ask yourself "When were things this divided before"? If you answered, "The last time a Trudeau was in power" you would be correct. This sort of arrogant language business by these commissars and militant so-called journalists is yet another example of why it is fast becoming time for the Two Solitudes to go their separate ways and let them (QC) pay their own way without "Equalization Payments" assistance. Earlier I incorrectly called them "Transfer Payments. And before anyone retorts that this year for the first time in decades that money is actually going to AB from this program, ask yourself "Why"? Is it because blackface has declared eco-war on Alberta? Way to go QC (pipeline to the east) Way to go Justin. When the money runs out and/or we lose faith in the fiat as blackface keeps printing it via the Bank of Canada and firing it out the money cannon, what then? Fun times ahead as the language polizei keep carrying on about the decline of their precious Quebecois joual while we slowly slide further into an economic morass. This last paragraph is a slight thread drift I realize, but they are related. Expect more business to leave QC.

The truly ironic thing is that if it wasn't for the British whom you "pur laine" despise, you in QC would be speaking English today.
https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/ ... quebec-act

Attachments
Republic of Western Canada.jpeg
Republic of Western Canada.jpeg (72.1 KiB) Viewed 18010 times
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

ROWC.

Love it.

I'm prepared to start small and let it grow...

Counterpoint
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Counterpoint »

altiplano wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:39 pm Rousseau is complimenting Montreal and its' people for welcoming him, for being so diverse and tolerant and accepting of an outsider with subpar French ability that is intended as a friendly gesture and show of respect... but it's not enough, never will be enough, for Counterpoint, Quebec, and Quebecers... centre of the universe in this country...

He is not an outsider with subpar French. That is the point. Now you see what Quebecers understand.

He an inside longtime resident with no ability in French whatsoever. That will change soon.

Speaking of change, have you stopped work for not being vaxed, still working with an allowance for not being vaxed, or are you vaxed ?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Counterpoint wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:01 am

He is not an outsider with subpar French. That is the point. Now you see what Quebecers understand.

He an inside longtime resident with no ability in French whatsoever. That will change soon.
He is an outsider and always will be, he isn't part of your distinct society.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

Counterpoint wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:01 am

Speaking of change, have you stopped work for not being vaxed, still working with an allowance for not being vaxed, or are you vaxed ?
altiplano had his vaccins if I recall correctly so he could say that he succumbed to another type of:
"bullshit leverage that will never end against the rest of us..."
:wink:

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

TG wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:34 am altiplano had his vaccins if I recall correctly so he could say that he succumbed to another type of:
I don't know how you can recall that because I certainly haven't discussed it with you or anyone on this board. The challenges are ongoing.

And it has nothing to do with this conversation so I don't know why you or counterpoint would start inserting it.

Really shows you have no argument here.

Counterpoint
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Counterpoint »

Every society is distinct Altiplano, including for those that have lived in Montreal for a long time and haven’t bothered to try and learn French. They are insiders and they have no desire to learn the language of the provincial majority until they embarrass themselves.

Which brings me to my questions about your vax situation.

As I see it, there are only three possible outcomes from your previous “disagreeable non-conformist” attitude towards vaccinations.

1) after all your hyper-talk about not wanting the vaccine, you would take it despite your objection.

2) you will not take it, stick to your guns and take the hit in the wallet.

3) you would not take it and ask for some sort of allowance for returning to work but not have to take the vax.

It appears it’s number 3) which goes with what any “disagreeable non-conformist” would do.

Now let me draw the parallel. Much like the vaccine, the language culture here in Quebec is a government led set of laws made up to protect a society. A society without cultural and linguistic protection and surrounded by a large and therefore contagious other culture can easily disappear or be weakened with a potential loss.

So what does a government do ? They mandate a form of behaviour that protects. Society has three choices. They can either comply and appreciate the government’s efforts. They can defy the government’s mandates because they are convinced there is a better way or they can look at some form of protest and try for some kind of accommodation for their particular fear. The last choice constantly fails in the courts of public opinion but more importantly in the courts of law.

I wish you well in your efforts to challenge the vaccine mandate, but as I’m sure you know, it will be a very hard road. You are prepared to go the distance and I appreciate that. You are in the minority and being “disagreeable and non-conformist” towards both Quebec’s language culture and Canada’s federal mandate to keep workers safe. But you admit to being that way and that is also admirable.

Can you see how your temperament is not made for the majority whether it’s language law, vaccine mandates or Union MOA’s ? Take the vax and appreciate the distinct culture inside Canada or ?

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

altiplano wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:32 am
TG wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:34 am altiplano had his vaccins if I recall correctly so he could say that he succumbed to another type of:
I don't know how you can recall that because I certainly haven't discussed it with you or anyone on this board. The challenges are ongoing.

And it has nothing to do with this conversation so I don't know why you or counterpoint would start inserting it.

Really shows you have no argument here.
You are right, my apologies I mixed you up with another username.
It has something to do though... Has Counterpoint nicely wrote above and to put it very simply, your vaccination stance has you in the side of a challenged minority.

mijbil
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by mijbil »

Counterpoint maks a curious and somewhat telling analogy.
Counterpoint wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:37 am Much like the vaccine, the language culture here in Quebec is a government led set of laws made up to protect a society. A society without cultural and linguistic protection and surrounded by a large and therefore contagious other culture can easily disappear or be weakened with a potential loss.
In his view then, English is thus a contagion requiring an 'inoculation' via the language Stasi with their verbal pitchforks, tar,feathers, and branding irons to ensure the 'purity' of the language of the pur laine of the 'nation' of QC. In the real world both English on either side of the Atlantic as well as french from France has adapted and morphed over the centuries into its modern generally clearly spoken and understood form, from what it was in the time of Samuel de Champlain. In QC this is not the case with the precious joual of the pur laine.
Well, clearly the inoculations aren't working so well, given the decline of the population of the pur laine population and the requirement to import yet more french speakers to keep propping up the numbers.
If they were to do this at their own expense, have at it, but unfortunately, via the liberal created equalization formula from '50s or 60's, WE have to pay for this. Driving business off even more via this latest bit of hubris will require yet more welfare/equalization payments to QC. In the real world budgets do not 'balance themselves' despite the musings of the blackfaced trust fund man-child. In the fantasy world of QC, the budget is balanced via these equalization payments while they continue to spend their money on these language commissars. What is missing is a good reason for us to continue this charade.
When even the Toronto (Red - sic) Star weighs in suggesting that AC should move its headquarters to Toronto, you should know you have a problem.
https://www.thestar.com/business/opinio ... c-inc.html

I'll finish with a pic of a cartoon from 106 years ago. The only thing missing from it is the Maritimes doing some shovelling. In my time on this planet, I have never seen Western Separatist sentiment so high. Unlike QC, we could make an economic go of it and be better off in the long run.

Attachments
The_Milch_Cow_Grain_Growers_Guide_15_December_1915.gif
The_Milch_Cow_Grain_Growers_Guide_15_December_1915.gif (780.9 KiB) Viewed 17532 times
EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

Quebec french language is a "pigs Latin'!
And on another rant...sign the Goddamned Canadian Constitution seeing as you enjoy the 13.1 BILLION in equalization payments this year alone, but won't allow Alberta/Sask. Oil to flow to your stupid ass Province...meanwhile you import 80% of your oil/gas from the middle east/usa! #AssHoles :evil:

Keep the dirty side down.
TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

EPR wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:49 pm Quebec french language is a "pigs Latin'!
And on another rant...sign the Goddamned Canadian Constitution seeing as you enjoy the 13.1 BILLION in equalization payments this year alone, but won't allow Alberta/Sask. Oil to flow to your stupid ass Province...meanwhile you import 80% of your oil/gas from the middle east/usa! #AssHoles :evil:
Yikes! (Tell us how you really feel?) any more vitriol to regal us with?

TPC

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

No, nothing else to add.

Keep the dirty side down.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

LOL... you guys are comparing English speakers to a disease and you call that "vitriol."

Seems that's he's just calling it the way it is... other than the pig latin part...

Haven't signed the constitution, benefit disproportionately from equalization, hold a disproportionate level of power in government, hold a disproportionate number of civil service jobs and money into your communities, yet screw another province trying to pay YOUR bills, hold the country hostage at every turn over every slight, and cheer, award, and support vexatious litigants again and again in their ridiculous lawsuits over what's printed on a seat belt (PULL) on a French made airplane...

Go away... pay your bill at the door.

Counterpoint
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Counterpoint »

Bonjour Altiplano,

A parallel argument is not a comparison.

1) Québec wants its culture and language recognized and protected,

2) Canada wants its society COVID free and vaccinated.

Both are goals. Both require a general recognition that society will participate. Both get confounded in Politics whenever disagreeable non-conformists attempt a silly argument (including as you have separation).

You have nothing to pay as you leave the vax centre, you can re-enter polite society and pursue an immersion trip into French Quebec, French Acadia (they speak French as far away as Cape Breton) or Franco-Ontario (east of the Ottawa canal). You might even meet MR now learning French and living up to the Rousseau family tradition of polite acceptance.

It is just a language give it a try, it is just a vax, take it.

It is not “spy talk” and there are no microchips, no microchips, no microchips in the vax. Parallel.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I don't know what "spy talk" is...

Anyway you were clearly attempting to infer a metaphor...

"Quebec wants it's culture and language recognized and protected"

Is it not? The rest of the country bends over backwards to accommodate it. It must be a big joke for you guys, we all dance around the bullshit you play on us.

I remember cheering when the Quebec referendum result came in, I don't give a shit anymore though. Your behaviour is deplorable towards other Canadians. I used to laugh at Torontonians who think they are the centre of it all, you guys are x1000 though.

Latitude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Latitude »

altiplano wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:02 am I don't know what "spy talk" is...

Anyway you were clearly attempting to infer a metaphor...

"Quebec wants it's culture and language recognized and protected"

Is it not? The rest of the country bends over backwards to accommodate it. It must be a big joke for you guys, we all dance around the bullshit you play on us.

I remember cheering when the Quebec referendum result came in, I don't give a shit anymore though. Your behaviour is deplorable towards other Canadians. I used to laugh at Torontonians who think they are the centre of it all, you guys are x1000 though.
Just so you know, we are almost 8.5 millions in Quebec. This is the internet. Most of us dont give a sh*t about what languages you speak. Will I speak French if I can? yes. Do I speak French usually ? Definitely. Do I care if you dont and you're in Quebec ? Not at all.

Again, the problem was the arrogance in his answer. Some people added that AC doesn't give a damn about French, which there is a bit of truth to it as well. If this didn't happen nobody would be debating about Quebec and it's culture right now lol.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I don't think there was "arrogance in his answer." He was delivering a compliment to the city and its people. It doesn't matter what he said though, the language stasi and the politicians had to level him... now they're on a hunt for more anglos.

I think there is arrogance in that.

Return to “Air Canada”