CANPASS

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Liftdump
Rank 5
Rank 5

CANPASS

Post by Liftdump »

Is it just me or are any other crews finding the on hold times to get through to Canpass unacceptable? 1+20 today.
---------- ADS -----------

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: CANPASS

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

I was about the same last week. I've been calling day ahead in the evening when I've got enough notice to miss the wait.

Hopefully it improves.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

It’s hit and miss.

I had my call almost immediately answered earlier this week but waited 25 mins last week.

No rhyme or reason by the sounds of it.

I second schnitzel2k3, in saying that I usually also try to get the first call done the day before while lounging in the hotel hot tub.

TPC

hawker driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by hawker driver »

Our company put out a message to all pilots to expect at least an hour wait on hold with Canpass and to call the evening before when you have time to sit for and hour on hold.
Last month on one trip we waited 1+10 the second time it was only 1+00 wait on hold.

I am not sure wife it a labour action or lack of staff.

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

They took almost two hours to process $16 in taxes. Something fucky is definitely going on there.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

'Currently wait time is longer than 5 minutes, please stay on the line to keep your place' :roll:

1.2 hours later....

:smt014

Last edited by schnitzel2k3 on Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Time to all just open the door after 20 minutes and let everyone out?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

digits_ wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:30 pm Time to all just open the door after 20 minutes and let everyone out?
Tempting but that’s a hard NO.

Liftdump
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Liftdump »

Another shitshow last night in Calgary. 1.5 hrs in front of the customs shack. Blood pressure going up by the second Bang on time,apparently Hamilton did not forward the info.Really tired of all the Bullshit excuses,these fucking clowns are pathetic.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Liftdump wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:14 am Another shitshow last night in Calgary. 1.5 hrs in front of the customs shack. Blood pressure going up by the second Bang on time,apparently Hamilton did not forward the info.Really tired of all the Bullshit excuses,these fucking clowns are pathetic.
Dude this is so common you'd think this is business as usual - then they strut out as if to catch you in the act of failing to do your job - 'No officer, I called and provided declarations, pack your ego and give me my f'n clearance.'

Guilty until proven innocent. Always get badge numbers and record time of calls for any new Captains transiting internationally.

It's either that or...
'Officers are clearing another jet...they are enroute to you now.'
'Ok how long will they be?'
'They are on their way, call back in 20 minutes if they don't show'.

20 minutes later
'Officers still aren't here'
'Standby'
5 minutes later
'Officers are still enroute'

10 minutes later
'Officers still aren't here'
'Standby'
Call drops out.

:smt013

skyboy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by skyboy »

the music drives me crazy during the online wait 🤯

StandingBy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by StandingBy »

After a couple of these experiences (1 hour holding on the aircraft sat phone), and asking an officer what the deal was with the hold times, I was told to use option 3 on the menu. This skips the holding que and gets you on with an officer right away. I was told it’s only for checking in on landing, or for situations like ours where we were in the air and trying to amend our ETA. I’m tempted to try it when making the initial call and playing dumb, just to see what happens. Either way it does work; we’ve done it a few times now.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

StandingBy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:24 am After a couple of these experiences (1 hour holding on the aircraft sat phone), and asking an officer what the deal was with the hold times, I was told to use option 3 on the menu. This skips the holding que and gets you on with an officer right away. I was told it’s only for checking in on landing, or for situations like ours where we were in the air and trying to amend our ETA. I’m tempted to try it when making the initial call and playing dumb, just to see what happens. Either way it does work; we’ve done it a few times now.
I called, I pressed 2, and waited for 45 minutes patiently. Officer accused me of pressing 3 and hung up without any chance for a trial. I don't know how their system identifies number 3s, but it clearly has some faults so who knows.

Last edited by schnitzel2k3 on Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
hawker driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by hawker driver »

Did anyone find out what is actually going on with them?
Is it some sort of work action?

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

They threatened a while back just as the border opened, and I thought they got all their demands and life moved on.

StandingBy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by StandingBy »

I asked a couple of times, and was told that it was just that I was calling at peak hours, but that didn’t matter before. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was some kind of work-to-rule thing, or staffing issues.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

StandingBy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:30 pm I asked a couple of times, and was told that it was just that I was calling at peak hours, but that didn’t matter before. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was some kind of work-to-rule thing, or staffing issues.
Word on the street is that they have lost over 300 officers due to a refusal to get vaccinated.

I’ve had to call Canpass 4 times this week. 3 out of 4 calls were answered in less than a minute. The last one today took 27 minutes.

Hopefully it doesn’t get any worse!

TPC

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

Well, I spoke too soon…

I suspect this will become even more problematic from the 28th of Feb forward….

TPC

Attachments
184FD12E-D2C6-419C-8B9A-3F1F9AB00006.png
184FD12E-D2C6-419C-8B9A-3F1F9AB00006.png (670.23 KiB) Viewed 4271 times
Wammer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Wammer »

TeePeeCreeper wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:57 pm Well, I spoke too soon…

I suspect this will become even more problematic from the 28th of Feb forward….

TPC
We had the same thing last night. When we finally go a hold of someone he said that their computer system had crashed so they couldn’t even see our flight details. No idea how he managed to get us a clearance number but wheels down to door open was a little over two hours.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Holy...I know Presidents Day in the U.S had massive delays down south out of nearly every south Florida airport.

I think we lucked out calling in the morning - but goodness - 2 hours? Sorry TPC. I feel for ya.

Return to “Corporate”