qwe221sd
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Direct entry captains at Canadian 705

Post by qwe221sd »

320GEEK wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:59 am
Greasy Greaser wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:12 pm
320GEEK wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:16 pm

My apologies for sounding entitled, that was not the intention. I was simply asking a question and wanted to give accurate facts to get a better idea as restarting your life, career and leaving everything you know can be a little daunting. Regardless thanks for the advice about how companies look at zero PIC.
Don't worry, he's not correct in the slightest, maybe 20 years ago but not today.
Left seat in the smaller operations basically require a heartbeat in a number of operations now and you're more than qualified than a number of them even at the more known companies.

As for you, the time you have is a bit low for DEC at most airlines here. You could try and get DEC at Jazz like you said or Encore, Porter, which are regionals; worst case is six months to a year then left seat if you're competent. Major airlines, I don't know anyone who is hiring with that low of time DEC, Swoop says 5k but knowing trainers there, they are few and far between, Flair..no idea but I doubt it, Lynx sounds like higher time individuals in the left seat only and definitely not WJ, AC, Transat, left seat for a bit.

If I were you, and HAD to come to Canada (try that Vietnam gig first imo), bite the bullet and go flat pay AC. Unless you're close to retirement, take the short term pain initially, don't overspend and don't take out loans for a overpriced average home like too many people here just did and will learn the hard way soon. And don't live in YYZ/YVR under flat pay, you won't keep your head above water.

So yes, I HAVE to come cause of family. But thanks that REALLY helps. Vietnam seems to be sketch as vietjet is hiring and they seem to have a terrible situation, with some airlines not hiring you if that’s on your cv. As of now I think the first thing I’ll get is capt in my current airline so I’m stuck here for 3 years which means I’ll come with about 6000 hours. I’m far from retirement (mid 20s) which is why I wanna make only one move and stick with it. Ideally was hoping for DEC in a subsidiary like encore whose seniority translates to mainline and wait for my turn on mainline capt while minimum dent on my pay, but like I said that’s just hope. Was trying to figure out it’s viability.
Can you tell me which airlines don't accept vietjet applicant? thanks
---------- ADS -----------

320GEEK
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 320GEEK »

Even im not sure exactly but check out pprune, its all they talk about. even if its better now, its hard to bounce back from such a reputation

Needswork2020
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Needswork2020 »

I've worked for two carriers overseas that won't touch a Vietjet guy.
If his resume crossed my desk here in Canada he wouldn't get a second look either.

Paying 10K or more was the only way forward there. Paid PCs, paid medicals, pay everything.. laughable to a western person.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”