Canadian resident looking for helicopter school in usa

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

ghost_rider
Rank 0
Rank 0

Canadian resident looking for helicopter school in usa

Post by ghost_rider »

Hello everybody,

I am new to the forum. Been thinking about learning to fly helicopter for quite a while. I was born in Bangladesh but currently moved to Canada as a permeant resident. From my initial research i see its a lot cheaper to get a PPL in USA than in Canada. I do not plan to work as pilot, for me its mostly going be a recreational use.

I was thinking relocating near any of the USA/Canada land border and drive my way to the school in USA, 2-3 times a week and take classes and get my PPL in USA. I do have a multiple entry business visa from the usa valid for next 3 years so I should be able to do it. Due to my residency day count, i cant really move to usa, i need to commute from canada to usa for the time being.

Please recommend me some good schools for my situation. Thank you very much for you time.
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Canadian resident looking for helicopter school in usa

Post by photofly »

Have you put any thought into where you’ll find a helicopter to fly, with a PPL? Or are you going to buy one of your own?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
ghost_rider
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ghost_rider »

photofly wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:16 am Have you put any thought into where you’ll find a helicopter to fly, with a PPL? Or are you going to buy one of your own?
Hello photofly, thanks for the reply

Yes I do plan to buy my own helicopter at my home place (either canada or bangladesh, wherever i end up staying after 5 years) and I also plan to rent out helicopters if possible when I am traveling across the world like in USA or Europe or Australia. I do get to travel alot because of my work and i do plan on renting helicopters sometimes in there if that allows.

ghost_rider
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ghost_rider »

anybody?? :(

MOAB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MOAB »

I'm unfamiliar with schools in the US. I would Google the close ones to you and see what comes up. Also maybe try a US aviation/Helicopter forum?

Return to “Flight Training”