A WestJet Christmas Story.

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: A WestJet Christmas Story.

Post by imjustlurking »

Inverted2 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:25 pm
imjustlurking wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:19 pm
Inverted2 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:00 pm

Flying a 737 for 100k a year? Anyone who works for that must have the Covid brain fog when they accepted that job. :lol:

What a disgrace.
I mean, 100k per year in general isn't bad... if you ignore what our neighbours to the south make or what captains at Air Canada make.
It is about half of what an AC pilot makes. I made 140k last year at Jazz with no overtime so yes that is a pretty sad level of pay.
What year and what was base salary?

Swoop would be 99900 base pay for first year captain.
---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I’m top pay scale. I’m a lifer here. I’m old. :rolleyes:

Let’s Go Brandon
Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

imjustlurking wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:19 pm I mean, 100k per year in general isn't bad... if you ignore what our neighbours to the south make or what captains at Air Canada make.
You'd have to ignore a lot more than just Air Canada and every US carrier to consider 100k not bad. I was making significantly more than that on a turboprop before I went on to greener pastures.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Vaticinator wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:26 pm
imjustlurking wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:19 pm I mean, 100k per year in general isn't bad... if you ignore what our neighbours to the south make or what captains at Air Canada make.
You'd have to ignore a lot more than just Air Canada and every US carrier to consider 100k not bad. I was making significantly more than that on a turboprop before I went on to greener pastures.
Making half of that makes it easier to think of it as not bad.

With that said, I have been seriously thinking about working toward going to the US to fly recently.

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

imjustlurking wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:50 pm With that said, I have been seriously thinking about working toward going to the US to fly recently.
I wish you luck with that. I hear it's easier said than done, but if you can, it's likely highly lucrative.

Return to “Covid”