2022 Hiring Outlook - New restrictions?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

2022 Hiring Outlook - New restrictions?

Post by Caterpillar »

So Trudeau just announces the renewal of the advisory against non essential travel tonight. The good thing about it, it's only advisory. And it was there for the most part of 2020 and 2021.

Now, with everything happening around Canada (rising cases, rising ICU admission), are you scared about the outlook of the industry for the first half of 2022? What are you hearing in the chambers?

I am a little scared of what I've read in the article, especially about the fact the government would like to take early actions to stop the spread of the new variants. I know how much the Liberals aren't scared of shutdowns, restrictions...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada ... -1.6285823

**This conversation is not about if Covid is real, or if we should get vax. Please refrain from commenting if you have nothing to bring to the discussion of hiring outlook in regards to potential new restrictions.
---------- ADS -----------

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
scdriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: 2022 Hiring Outlook - New restrictions?

Post by scdriver »

Trudeau can f*** off with travel restrictions. The week ending Dec 6 saw cases, hospitalizations, and ICU admissions all decrease. At this point, I don't think (I sure hope not at least) that there will be any more tough restrictions, and there are enough vaccinated people tired of this shit to keep travel numbers up. I don't see the promising trend for hiring/recalls being turned around. At this point, it's time to move on with life.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Exactly cases are up a little, but admissions are not. Omicron is proving to be a fast spreader but weak. Also, it’s already here. It’s been here a while we just didn’t know to look. Travel restrictions cannot stop the spread of something already wode spread.

MrAviator19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrAviator19 »

Some factors are different this time around - record vaccination rates, boosters on the way etc. Also, the latest news coming from South Africa is that the number of Omicron cases are starting to plateau and go down in some regions. Only 1 death reported so far in the UK, nothing (as per my knowledge) in South Africa even with their large Omicron numbers.
All that being said, when have our current Governments ever formulated a fact-based approach for the last year and a half? They claim to be ahead of the game this time but these are nothing but populist policies to make themselves look good for the next election. I’d like to think that the nature of the restrictions will be less severe but the media in this country will never let anyone forget that Omicron transmits faster for better ratings. And we have enough alarmist cuckoos in Canada to run with that information.

MrA

scdriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by scdriver »

:P
MrAviator19 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:07 am Some factors are different this time around - record vaccination rates, boosters on the way etc. Also, the latest news coming from South Africa is that the number of Omicron cases are starting to plateau and go down in some regions. Only 1 death reported so far in the UK, nothing (as per my knowledge) in South Africa even with their large Omicron numbers.
All that being said, when have our current Governments ever formulated a fact-based approach for the last year and a half? They claim to be ahead of the game this time but these are nothing but populist policies to make themselves look good for the next election. I’d like to think that the nature of the restrictions will be less severe but the media in this country will never let anyone forget that Omicron transmits faster for better ratings. And we have enough alarmist cuckoos in Canada to run with that information.

MrA
It’s been crazy how much the media has run with the omicron is gonna be devastating narrative. If there was no testing for which variant of the virus each case was, we’d still be in a promising trend, nobody would be any the wiser to the fact it’s a variant, and all is good. And it shouldn’t make a blind bit of difference anyway. You’re right though, this time around logic would dictate no restrictions/at most an advisory. However, I’m not holding my breath because these dummies have simply not figured out we can’t keep on the path of shutting things down because of the unvaxxed. At this point, nobody who doesn’t have one is changing their mind and it’s time to move on.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

EDITED. Not relevant to the discussion, and the request of the OP.

contactapproved
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by contactapproved »

There has been zero coverage about how this new variant could be exactly what we’ve been waiting for. High spread rate with mild symptoms. We’ve been told herd immunity is next to impossible at this point and it appears it will continue that way as governments don’t even want to chance that happening. I was optimistic about 2022 about a month ago, however that’s now gone. I think if we all continue to let the government and media put everyone into a panic all those who’ve been getting called back are going to quickly find themselves beat down yet again. Find a medevac or cargo seat and put your mind at ease. The industry is done (for a while anyway) if shutdowns happen again.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

contactapproved wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:08 pm There has been zero coverage about how this new variant could be exactly what we’ve been waiting for. High spread rate with mild symptoms. We’ve been told herd immunity is next to impossible at this point and it appears it will continue that way as governments don’t even want to chance that happening....
Is it wrong to hope that Omicron spreads like wild fire? It's the most easily transmissible, and non fatal version, perfect, lets go door to door handing it out to everyone and be done with this fiasco.

scdriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by scdriver »

co-joe wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:10 am
contactapproved wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:08 pm There has been zero coverage about how this new variant could be exactly what we’ve been waiting for. High spread rate with mild symptoms. We’ve been told herd immunity is next to impossible at this point and it appears it will continue that way as governments don’t even want to chance that happening....
Is it wrong to hope that Omicron spreads like wild fire? It's the most easily transmissible, and non fatal version, perfect, lets go door to door handing it out to everyone and be done with this fiasco.
No, if it really is as mild as the data from South Africa would suggest then I don’t see that as a bad thing. The only shitty part about it will be how many people will be stuck in quarantine jail for testing positive

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

Meanwhile, Quebec is reducing at 50% their indoor events, limiting gathering. This is about to rollout across Canada. I hate to say it, but Trudeau and the provincial governments are going nuts.

Return to “Employment Forum”