Post by Donald »

That was an expensive party.
---------- ADS -----------

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Opps Oceanside Air gets evicted by Qualicum Beach Airport

Post by digits_ »

Anyone willing to bet their offices will be leased to a higher paying tenant on march 4th?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
YYJ_Jeff
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by YYJ_Jeff »

digits_ wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:37 pm Anyone willing to bet their offices will be leased to a higher paying tenant on march 4th?
I guess time will tell. Gives Oceanside Air LOTS of time to mount an appeal, possibly try to garner public/local support?

mijbil
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by mijbil »

There's more than meets the eye here IMO. The town council met in secret (in camera) and based their decision on a video? I'd like to see the video myself to see what they based their decision on. If as the owner says that had a beer and put the empties in the garbage in the terminal, big deal. When I hear all the big terms tossed about like "security breach" , I get a little suspicious. It's not like they were doing the Cannonball Run or anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88-VuJEdMP4

YYJ_Jeff
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by YYJ_Jeff »

mijbil wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:54 am There's more than meets the eye here IMO. The town council met in secret (in camera) and based their decision on a video? I'd like to see the video myself to see what they based their decision on. If as the owner says that had a beer and put the empties in the garbage in the terminal, big deal. When I hear all the big terms tossed about like "security breach" , I get a little suspicious. It's not like they were doing the Cannonball Run or anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88-VuJEdMP4
Apparently, the employees can be seen in the airport's CCTV footage consuming alcohol at the check-in counters and that employees drinking accessed airside (restricted area). The airline only technically leases the office space in the terminal and consuming alcohol outside of that leased office space is the "problem".

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

YYJ_Jeff wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:33 pmApparently, the employees can be seen in the airport's CCTV footage consuming alcohol at the check-in counters and that employees drinking accessed airside (restricted area). The airline only technically leases the office space in the terminal and consuming alcohol outside of that leased office space is the "problem".
A problem that could probably have been mitigated entirely if the operator fessed up to the error, apologized sincerely, and ensured that it would not happen again. But the operator instead started a campaign to raise support through a petition, by only telling half the story and leaving out the lawbreaking transgressions.

One reaps what one sows, I think is the appropriate phrase.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”