Carson Air

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Flight94
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Carson Air

Post by Flight94 »

The fact they pay their metro captains 43k/yr tells me everything I need to know.
---------- ADS -----------

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Well… they aren’t running clapped out Metros because they want to pay their pilots well… lol.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
Raincoast
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Raincoast »

Joe Blow Schmo wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:41 pm Anybody know what the 350 captain job in YVR pays?
I think it depends on experience. Recent hires are coming in at about $80/85k. IIRC $2500/yr raise to a maximum of ??
Citation is on scale $75k to start, with $5k raises up to ~$100k. again, that's negotiable coming in, depending on experience.

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

Raincoast wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:31 pm
Joe Blow Schmo wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:41 pm Anybody know what the 350 captain job in YVR pays?
I think it depends on experience. Recent hires are coming in at about $80/85k. IIRC $2500/yr raise to a maximum of ??
Citation is on scale $75k to start, with $5k raises up to ~$100k. again, that's negotiable coming in, depending on experience.
$75k on the citation is good for an FO but awful for a captains. Which is that pay for?

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

They just posted the metro and king air jobs for captain and fo again, after 2 weeks... Looking through their profile, they've posted the same job ads over and over since October... what's going on?

Scuderia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Scuderia »

twa22 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:59 pm They just posted the metro and king air jobs for captain and fo again, after 2 weeks... Looking through their profile, they've posted the same job ads over and over since October... what's going on?
Frequent adverts don't always spell trouble. I know people who were hired and trained successfully recently so their flurry of adverts could very well be positive news overall of people leaving for bigger and better things, creating openings for younger pilots.

Vsquared
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Vsquared »

twa22 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:59 pm They just posted the metro and king air jobs for captain and fo again, after 2 weeks... Looking through their profile, they've posted the same job ads over and over since October... what's going on?
Was confused by this. I know some younger guys that applied with the experience they are asking for aside from Metro flight time(preference) that were not contacted at all.

scdriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by scdriver »

Scuderia wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:02 pm
Frequent adverts don't always spell trouble. I know people who were hired and trained successfully recently so their flurry of adverts could very well be positive news overall of people leaving for bigger and better things, creating openings for younger pilots.
That is definitely true in normal times, but I find it hard to believe that their losing enough people to warrant 4 separate postings every 2 weeks. Where are they going??

MrAviator19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrAviator19 »

scdriver wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:37 pm
Scuderia wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:02 pm
That is definitely true in normal times, but I find it hard to believe that their losing enough people to warrant 4 separate postings every 2 weeks. Where are they going??
Perhaps re-posting the same jobs in the hopes of finding more experienced guys with each successive job ad? I’ve seen those same 4 ads posted 3 times over now, none of those I know that applied who meet and even exceed the requirements ever got contacted.

MrA

RNP
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by RNP »

MrAviator19 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:53 pm
Turboprops wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:33 am Ya i know, but my friend had his interview in October, where they said no bond at perimeter and 2 year bond at bearskin.
Well, as of 3 days ago, it's 2-year $12K on the Dash and 1-year $6K on the Metro.

MrA
When I was there a few years ago, nobody was signing bonds because they weren’t asked to. The CA says something along the lines of “a training bond exists only if the pilot is asked to sign an agreement before training” or something like that. At the time it was 5K prorated which is reasonable IMO. A pal recently joining the Bear signed 6K prorated for a year.

These days, let’s face it… anything over a year and 12k for a light turboprop is a crime.

Return to “Employment Forum”