Snowglobe ad

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Snowglobe ad

Post by PilotDAR »

---------- ADS -----------

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Snowglobe ad

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

That was ho ho horrible. Not quite as bad as their new safety demo videos.

“Air Canada 115, can you take an immediate departure?”
-“negative we’re still at the lady on the horse demonstrating the oxygen mask, should need another 10 minutes”

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

CL-Skadoo! wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:43 am That was ho ho horrible. Not quite as bad as their new safety demo videos.

-“negative we’re still at the lady on the horse demonstrating the oxygen mask, should need another 10 minutes”
I despise our new "safety procedures video". I love how with each iteration the FAs have to call it something different in their PA for it.

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

QKZXKV wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:46 am
CL-Skadoo! wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:43 am That was ho ho horrible. Not quite as bad as their new safety demo videos.

I despise our new "safety procedures video". I love how with each iteration the FAs have to call it something different in their PA for it.
The first time I watched it I actually thought it was an ad for some travel agency or something...

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

I've actually had the pilots takeoff while the video was still playing in YVR. It's that long.

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

co-joe wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:22 pm

I've actually had the pilots takeoff while the video was still playing in YVR. It's that long.
To be fair, they created the video in such an order that the items that must be completed before takeoff are covered first, so you can legitimately depart without completing the video.

The question arises as to what is the point of showing a safety demo/video. Is it to meet the TC requirements as quickly as possible, bonus points to hiring auctioneers who can spit out 300 words per minute. Or is there advantage to making a safety demo memorable enough that should an emergency happen, maybe a few more pax will remember what to do. TC seems to have recently started insisting that safety briefings include brace positions, maybe seeing a yoga class adopt various brace positions helps hammer that home… or enrages you about how unrealistic it is because in a typical Y seat there is no way you can lean forward and hold your ankles, because your face would have to be two rows further forward.

So yes it is a little long (if I had a dollar for every time I heard that…!), but how many times has it actually delayed a departure?

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

I really like the new safety vid.

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

PilotDAR wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:02 pm Good ad Air Canada!

https://www.thedrum.com/news/2021/12/10 ... otion-tale
It’s good.

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

I thought the new safety video was fantastic. Canadians don't show pride in Canada, the way that others beat their nation's drum. This was tasteful, classy, interesting, and entertaining.

Well done.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

Donald wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:46 pm I thought the new safety video was fantastic. Canadians don't show pride in Canada, the way that others beat their nation's drum. This was tasteful, classy, interesting, and entertaining.

Well done.
I agree, I thought it was creative and inventive than the regular boring safety vids we have seen in the past.

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

Donald wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:46 pm I thought the new safety video was fantastic. Canadians don't show pride in Canada, the way that others beat their nation's drum. This was tasteful, classy, interesting, and entertaining.

Well done.
Hard to show pride in this place after the last 20 months and counting but I digress.

Return to “Air Canada”