Quebec to allow covid positive health care workers to continue working

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Quebec to allow covid positive health care workers to continue working

Post by Vaticinator »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavir ... -1.6299094

So, an unvaccinated nurse can't even have a career any more regardless of infection status, but a covid positive nurse can still work because they're short health care workers. I wonder how that happened. Looks like Quebec has gone full retard and are reaping what they've sown.

I'm going to need someone capable of advanced level mental gymnastics to rationalize this one for me.
---------- ADS -----------

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Quebec to allow covid positive health care workers to continue working

Post by CYERCaptainPooping »

Just another one to add to my list of completely unscientific pandemic policy :rolleyes:.

In some states (I think I heard NY) is calling back unvaccinated Nurses. Funny how they were to dirty to work when cases were low, but now that it’s busy, they are short staffed and Covid is spreading rampantly all of a sudden welcome back! Did they learn that being vaccinated offers no protection to the patients?

At this point why don’t they stop testing, say go back to life as normal. We would have the same results.

Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hot Wings »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:37 pm Did they learn that being vaccinated offers no protection to the patients?
That is false, but I think you already know this. Embellishment doesn’t doesn’t help your arguments, but rather makes you look like a prick.

CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

Hot Wings wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:48 pm
CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:37 pm Did they learn that being vaccinated offers no protection to the patients?
That is false, but I think you already know this. Embellishment doesn’t doesn’t help your arguments, but rather makes you look like a prick.
With all the spread currently happening, and our high vaccination rate. It seems to be statically insignificant if it is offering some protection. It's pretty clear most of the spread today is among vaccinated people. Even on a per population basis we are seeing days where more vaccinated people tested positive than non vax.

Do you have the stat. How much does being vaccinated reduce transmission if you get covid and are vaccinated.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:01 pm
Hot Wings wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:48 pm
With all the spread currently happening, and our high vaccination rate. It seems to be statically insignificant if it is offering some protection. It's pretty clear most of the spread today is among vaccinated people. Even on a per population basis we are seeing days where more vaccinated people tested positive than non vax.

Do you have the stat. How much does being vaccinated reduce transmission if you get covid and are vaccinated.
Ontario isn’t reporting how many vaxed/unvaxed cases anymore. It’s pretty much negligible now anyway. The vaxed are likely a higher percentage since the filthy unwashed aren’t allowed to fly, eat in restaurants, sports events, etc.

Let’s Go Brandon
Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:01 pm Do you have the stat. How much does being vaccinated reduce transmission if you get covid and are vaccinated.
I've seen varying numbers, 70% being the high end. Notably, that was before omicron. Saw a stat today out of Ontario that vaccine effectiveness against omicron is at 15%. Haven't yet dug any deeper on that to confirm.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Vaticinator wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:43 pm
CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:01 pm Do you have the stat. How much does being vaccinated reduce transmission if you get covid and are vaccinated.
I've seen varying numbers, 70% being the high end. Notably, that was before omicron. Saw a stat today out of Ontario that vaccine effectiveness against omicron is at 15%. Haven't yet dug any deeper on that to confirm.
15% against getting infected is correct but near 100% to avoid the hospital. In other words, like the flu shot. You may get the flu but it lessens the lilkelyhood of a hospital stay.

And that is what is important.

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

pelmet wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:10 pm 15% against getting infected is correct but near 100% to avoid the hospital. In other words, like the flu shot. You may get the flu but it lessens the lilkelyhood of a hospital stay.

Can you back that up with data? The stats on the Health Canada website seem to disagree with your "near 100%" assertion, at least, given my personal definition of "near 100%."

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I know of 2 people with the omicron, 1 vaxed and 1 not. Both have fairly mild symptoms. They’re saying to keep getting booster shots to save face but they know it doesn’t work. It’s likely going to come out sooner or later these endless vaccines will do more harm to your immune system than good.

Let’s Go Brandon
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Sir John Bell, regius professor of medicine at Oxford University and the government’s life sciences adviser, said that although hospital admissions had increased in recent weeks as Omicron spreads through the population, the disease “appears to be less severe and many people spend a relatively short time in hospital”. Fewer patients were needing high-flow oxygen and the average length of stay was down to three days, he said.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... -scientist
Inverted2 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:47 pm It’s likely going to come out sooner or later these endless vaccines...
I find your use of the "endless vaccines" meme quite noteworthy. As far as I know, you're the only person to claim that vaccines are "endless" and that is entirely so you can disparage them.
will do more harm to your immune system than good.
Pure fantasy on your part.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

pelmet wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:10 pm
15% against getting infected is correct but near 100% to avoid the hospital. In other words, like the flu shot. You may get the flu but it lessens the lilkelyhood of a hospital stay.

Is there anything you aren't an expert on?

Curious.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

photofly wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:48 pm
Sir John Bell, regius professor of medicine at Oxford University and the government’s life sciences adviser, said that although hospital admissions had increased in recent weeks as Omicron spreads through the population, the disease “appears to be less severe and many people spend a relatively short time in hospital”. Fewer patients were needing high-flow oxygen and the average length of stay was down to three days, he said.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... -scientist
Inverted2 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:47 pm It’s likely going to come out sooner or later these endless vaccines...
I find your use of the "endless vaccines" meme quite noteworthy. As far as I know, you're the only person to claim that vaccines are "endless" and that is entirely so you can disparage them.
will do more harm to your immune system than good.
Pure fantasy on your part.
Israel is already on shot #4 in less than a year into the vaccines. I don’t see them slowing down anytime soon. Too much $$$ in play.

Let’s Go Brandon
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Are you this upset about "endless" flu vaccines? Are they all about the $$$, too?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

That was not my question. My question was how effective is the vaccine at preventing transmission from a vaccinated person. Not how effective is the vaccine at preventing infection from the individual who takes the vaccines. If I am vaccinated and test positive for Covid, how effective is the vaccine at preventing me from spreading it. Is this different than if I’m not vaccinated and Covid positive. This is why I’m asking if it makes sense to allow Covid positive HCWs to keep working. Is the policy science based?

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

Science based? Doubtful. Common sense? Certainly not. Would even the most hard core pro vax mandate person prefer to have a vaccinated, but covid positive nurse tend to them, or an unvaccinated, covid negative one? If we weren't already there, we've officially entered the realm of the absurd.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

photofly wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:43 pm Are you this upset about "endless" flu vaccines? Are they all about the $$$, too?
Not at all. Those are once a year and are not practically forced like this one is. I don’t mind annual vaccines but this is ridiculous doing them every 3 months.

Let’s Go Brandon
Littlefish
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Littlefish »

Inverted2 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:28 pm
photofly wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:43 pm Are you this upset about "endless" flu vaccines? Are they all about the $$$, too?
Not at all. Those are once a year and are not practically forced like this one is. I don’t mind annual vaccines but this is ridiculous doing them every 3 months.
Yeah it's a pain in the ass, but I'd rather take it and not die from what is now an avoidable death if the option's there.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Buddy, your chance of dying is higher from driving to get the vaccine or the vaccine itself than the cold-vid. :wink:

Let’s Go Brandon
CYERCaptainPooping
Rank 4
Rank 4

CYERCaptainPooping wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:46 pm

That was not my question. My question was how effective is the vaccine at preventing transmission from a vaccinated person. Not how effective is the vaccine at preventing infection from the individual who takes the vaccines. If I am vaccinated and test positive for Covid, how effective is the vaccine at preventing me from spreading it. Is this different than if I’m not vaccinated and Covid positive. This is why I’m asking if it makes sense to allow Covid positive HCWs to keep working. Is the policy science based?
Lol,

But that decision is made for you already. The government has made it clear they would rather give you a vaccinated Covid positive nurse than a Covid negative non vaccinated. Kind of incredible! That non vax nurse is to dangerous! Give em the one with Covid!

Littlefish
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Littlefish »

Inverted2 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:56 pm Buddy, your chance of dying is higher from driving to get the vaccine or the vaccine itself than the cold-vid. :wink:
Yeah, cause I'm vaccinated.. That's the point.

Return to “Covid”