private pilot temporary privilege's expired while waiting for sticker

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

dot123
Rank 0
Rank 0

private pilot temporary privilege's expired while waiting for sticker

Post by dot123 »

It has come to my attention that my private pilot temporary license has expired after 3 months. I have just gotten off the phone with TC to find out what the status is with regards to my sticker for my ADB and they are now telling me that my application process is not complete as my flight test results were not given. All this should have been done by my FTU, but it seems like there may have been in error either on their side or TC. I just want to know that if I can renew another temporary license for another 90 days by my FTU as I am waiting for my sticker or if I can still fly for the time being without a sticker (I still have an ADB with me)? Or would I only be required to fly using my SPP for the time being?
---------- ADS -----------

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: private pilot temporary privilege's expired while waiting for sticker

Post by Aviatard »

There is an extension NCR-020-2021 that extends your temporary privileges until you receive the new license. This exemption expires 2022-01-31 but has been extended several times. So for now you’re good until the end of January unless TC issues a further exemption.

I’m not sure what you mean by flight test results not sent. Normally the examiner doing the flight test sends this to TC so they should have it on file. Contact the examiner and/or the Authorized Person who did your application and ask them to send TC a copy.

Pilotdaddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pilotdaddy »

I believe that the extension has been extended again, this time to June 2022.

dot123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dot123 »

Pilotdaddy wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:56 am I believe that the extension has been extended again, this time to June 2022.
Do you happen to know which NCR that would be? All I can find is NCR-020-2021 which is for Jan 31 2022.

edit: Found it, it's NCR 057. Huge relief, thank for the help!

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

dot123 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:12 amHuge relief, thank for the help!
Some relief, yes, but i'd be more worried about your flight test results not being given. Delays due to COVID impacting their throughput will work out in time, but if your examiner or FTU have misplaced or failed to submit your paperwork, that's a much larger issue that gets harder to resolve the more time has passed since the flight test.

dot123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dot123 »

AirFrame wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:25 pm
dot123 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:12 amHuge relief, thank for the help!
Some relief, yes, but i'd be more worried about your flight test results not being given. Delays due to COVID impacting their throughput will work out in time, but if your examiner or FTU have misplaced or failed to submit your paperwork, that's a much larger issue that gets harder to resolve the more time has passed since the flight test.
I have already brought this to the attention of my FTU, i'm just waiting for a reply from them.

Return to “Flight Training”