Encore interview request

Discuss topics relating to Encore.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Encore interview request

Post by goingmissed »

Roundel Randy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:14 pm About a month after my interview and a couple of weeks after my references were contacted, I've been notified that I am in a pool of candidates. Any idea of how long it might take to formally get an offer or have a G/S date?
No positions in YYZ in the last bid. They seem to be focusing on mainline right YYZ now.
ellinas wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:19 pm How long is the training?
Six weeks.
---------- ADS -----------

flyingpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyingpilot »

Any updates on hiring and ground schools?

Navajo350
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Navajo350 »

flyingpilot wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:15 pm Any updates on hiring and ground schools?
x2

I applied May 31 2022. On June 1, 2022 it said the application was in progress. Since then nothing. 1500+ and atpl.

any updates on hiring times would be great. Had an internal reference and all my friends inside said they need ppl

FlyAlberta
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FlyAlberta »

There an initial class of 6(?) that just started last week. Hiring on a hiatus for Sept to allow for catch up on a training backlog. Classes to fire up again potentially in Oct with plans for 1 class of 14 (if they can fill 14) a month.

Will be interesting to see how hiring goes with the likely cancellation of the PTA.

PIC26
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PIC26 »

Is there anything internally someone could share regarding YYZ base closure? Are new hires still being offered YYZ base still?

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

PIC26 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:12 pm Is there anything internally someone could share regarding YYZ base closure? Are new hires still being offered YYZ base still?
No and no.

There's a chance (and a hope) that they may need to hire and upgrade in YYZ, but if the company is thinking about it, they are tight lipped.

Do be aware that the PTA cancellation clause has been activated and the vote to cancel it is ongoing. If it goes through, new hires on property on or after the beginning of December will not retain the benefits of the PTA.

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Apestogetherstrong »

PIC26 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:12 pm Is there anything internally someone could share regarding YYZ base closure? Are new hires still being offered YYZ base still?
YYZ base will shut down officially 2024. However technically its going to shut down May 2023. They will start deadheading yyz pilots to yyc from next summer up until 2024. After that yyz pilots will have to move to yyc. Based on this there will be no hiring in yyz base (maybe a few upgrades). No need to apply to WJ Encore anyway. The pay is SHIT. You wont be able to afford anything. Commuting policy is gone so it will cost you a lot of money if you commute. We lost PTA so you will not have any seniority in mainline once you flow. Besides WJ mainline just lowered their minimums to 1500 so if you really want to join WJ, go to porter or any other company out there. Just avoid ENCORE. And join mainline directly at 1500

itaserb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by itaserb »

Apestogetherstrong wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:14 pm
YYZ base will shut down officially 2024. However technically its going to shut down May 2023. They will start deadheading yyz pilots to yyc from next summer up until 2024. After that yyz pilots will have to move to yyc. Based on this there will be no hiring in yyz base (maybe a few upgrades). No need to apply to WJ Encore anyway. The pay is SHIT. You wont be able to afford anything. Commuting policy is gone so it will cost you a lot of money if you commute. We lost PTA so you will not have any seniority in mainline once you flow. Besides WJ mainline just lowered their minimums to 1500 so if you really want to join WJ, go to porter or any other company out there. Just avoid ENCORE. And join mainline directly at 1500
What if I want to join mainline from Encore, do I have to wait for the flow or can I simply apply on Westjet website there?

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

itaserb wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:31 am What if I want to join mainline from Encore, do I have to wait for the flow or can I simply apply on Westjet website there?
That's a very good question. If the PTA cancellation vote succeeds, the answer may change.

Currently flow is based on seniority. You cannot bypass others with higher seniority that bid to flow.

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

itaserb wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:31 am
Apestogetherstrong wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:14 pm
What if I want to join mainline from Encore, do I have to wait for the flow or can I simply apply on Westjet website there?
I'm told you can simply apply.
But you can ask at the interview to double check.

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

doiwannabeapilot wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:41 am
itaserb wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:31 am
I'm told you can simply apply.
But you can ask at the interview to double check.
Where did you hear this?

Flow is currently covered by the PTA. If you wanted to flow out of seniority, you would need to quit Encore and go through the hiring process again. There is very high risk of being PFO'd by the company for quitting.

GetAGripen
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by GetAGripen »

Looks like Encore is using CUT-E assessments for screening new applicants. Just wanted to bring it up since I haven't seen it mentioned around here.

iamnumber1pilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by iamnumber1pilot »

Any update on hiring times?

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

iamnumber1pilot wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:29 pm Any update on hiring times?
Long enough for you to read the AvCanada forums and think twice.

It's quite possible that WestJet will regain it's glory, but it's also just as likely to implode into a hole after Onex sucks every available dollar out of the group and leaves to plunder another few companies.

GetAGripen
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by GetAGripen »

Application to interview request less than a week for me, video interview within 3 weeks. Will update.

iamnumber1pilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by iamnumber1pilot »

GetAGripen wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:15 am
Application to interview request less than a week for me, video interview within 3 weeks. Will update.
Cheers, good luck!

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

GetAGripen wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:15 am
Let us know how many weeks it takes for you to leave for AC after starting groundschool at Encore.

GetAGripen
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by GetAGripen »

Haha, yeah. I've been fairly warned don't you worry. I'm at the deadest of dead ends so I'll take what I can get.

averageatbest
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by averageatbest »

GetAGripen wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:33 pm Haha, yeah. I've been fairly warned don't you worry. I'm at the deadest of dead ends so I'll take what I can get.
As smelly as Encore shit is, our shit is not unique in Canada and it is nice to step out of the cold and warm your feet up in a nice turd pile sometimes.

Last edited by averageatbest on Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RVR6000
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RVR6000 »

What’s the average new hire experience level at Encore? Looking at ACs last 2 ground school, majority of it was from Encore.

Return to “WestJet Encore”