Encore interview request

Discuss topics relating to Encore.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Dyna
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Encore interview request

Post by Dyna »

No company is going to waste their time interviewing you unless they want to hire you. Show up prepared and give an honest presentation of who you are and why you want to work there. Getting an invite to the interview is huge, what happens next is largely on you.

Best of luck.
---------- ADS -----------

Maskless1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Maskless1 »

Dyna wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:19 pm No company is going to waste their time interviewing you unless they want to hire you. Show up prepared and give an honest presentation of who you are and why you want to work there. Getting an invite to the interview is huge, what happens next is largely on you.

Best of luck.
Thanks! It went well imo. They called references the next day. It’s been about a week so now waiting to hear something. The nerves are on!

pitottubey
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pitottubey »

Maskless1 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:22 pm
Dyna wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:19 pm No company is going to waste their time interviewing you unless they want to hire you. Show up prepared and give an honest presentation of who you are and why you want to work there. Getting an invite to the interview is huge, what happens next is largely on you.

Best of luck.
Thanks! It went well imo. They called references the next day. It’s been about a week so now waiting to hear something. The nerves are on!
Hear anything back?

Maskless1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Maskless1 »

pitottubey wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:08 am

Best of luck.
Hear anything back?
Hired!

pitottubey
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pitottubey »

Maskless1 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:43 pm

Hear anything back?
Hired!
Congrats!

peakbagger
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by peakbagger »

Hear anything back?
Hired!
My condolences

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

peakbagger wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:02 pm

Hear anything back?
Hired!
My condolences
did you have to be a dickhead? Contgrats op!

Maskless1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Maskless1 »

Heyyyy encore sure beats moving up north.

With everyone leaving for AC, flow might be a lot quicker than expected for todays hires, if they can staff planes of course hahah.

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

newlygrounded wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:01 pm did you have to be a dickhead? Contgrats op!
Some people are Jazz/AC heads who think everyone else is beneath them.

Some are ex-Encore pilots who have a legitimate reason to dislike baby-blue.

Some are jealous that they were PFO'd.

Your experience with Encore may vary, but there are many of us who are pretty happy where we are right now, even if we want certain improvements.

Mac08
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mac08 »

goingmissed wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:07 pm
newlygrounded wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:01 pm did you have to be a dickhead? Contgrats op!

Your experience with Encore may vary, but there are many of us who are pretty happy where we are right now, even if we want certain improvements.
Then you have happy Encore people like this fella who is upset his friends made it into Jazz or AC and is tired of hearing about it.

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

Mac08 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:28 pm

Then you have happy Encore people like this fella who is upset his friends made it into Jazz or AC and is tired of hearing about it.
What a difference a day makes. Today's announcement has been a real shot in the back.

Mac08
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mac08 »

Doesn’t surprise me.

Westjet management has no clue.

Maskless1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Maskless1 »

goingmissed wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:35 pm

What a difference a day makes. Today's announcement has been a real shot in the back.

Can I ask what changed how you feel in a day? The announcement of moving more Qs to the west?

Mac08
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mac08 »

Maskless1 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:25 am

Can I ask what changed how you feel in a day? The announcement of moving more Qs to the west?
Pretty sure he's Encore YYZ base which from how I took the article is going bye bye. Encore will be moved west.

Maskless1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Maskless1 »

Mac08 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:49 am

Pretty sure he's Encore YYZ base which from how I took the article is going bye bye. Encore will be moved west.

I fail to see how that is going to help the airline? Jazz and porter will just fill in and this will allow them to grow more aggressively

Mac08
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mac08 »

Maskless1 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:01 am
Mac08 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:49 am

I fail to see how that is going to help the airline? Jazz and porter will just fill in and this will allow them to grow more aggressively
I'm sure they will.

But as an Encore employee YYZ based hearing that all your flying is going out west when your life is in YYZ is not exactly the best feeling.

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

Mac08 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:03 pm But as an Encore employee YYZ based hearing that all your flying is going out west when your life is in YYZ is not exactly the best feeling.
Absolutely. To add insult to injury, the way I interpreted the words of our new CEO is that AC has beat us in the east and the Flair and Lynx are a serious threat in the west. He refuses to name Air Canada by name, only referring to them as "Big Red", and had also called Flair and Lynx as "the idiots eating our lunch". I am having trouble remembering the exact wording, but the word "idiots" and the idea that they were eating a meal which represented our market share was the concept being portrayed.

It hurts to put your soul into a company that, with the flip of a switch, turns around and tells you how unimportant you are.

Our CEO stated that he knows that there are tensions between the employees and the company. He followed that with an analogy about going to therapy with your spouse and needing to look at yourself instead of blaming each other. He seems to forget that there is a power imbalance here and that we are not husband and wife, but instead employer and employee. The company sets the rules and we are expected to follow them.

To sum it up, my negative feelings come from the constant uncertainty I am experiencing and the now overt condescension from the top.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

goingmissed wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:55 pm
Mac08 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:03 pm But as an Encore employee YYZ based hearing that all your flying is going out west when your life is in YYZ is not exactly the best feeling.
Absolutely. To add insult to injury, the way I interpreted the words of our new CEO is that AC has beat us in the east and the Flair and Lynx are a serious threat in the west. He refuses to name Air Canada by name, only referring to them as "Big Red", and had also called Flair and Lynx as "the idiots eating our lunch". I am having trouble remembering the exact wording, but the word "idiots" and the idea that they were eating a meal which represented our market share was the concept being portrayed.

It hurts to put your soul into a company that, with the flip of a switch, turns around and tells you how unimportant you are.

Our CEO stated that he knows that there are tensions between the employees and the company. He followed that with an analogy about going to therapy with your spouse and needing to look at yourself instead of blaming each other. He seems to forget that there is a power imbalance here and that we are not husband and wife, but instead employer and employee. The company sets the rules and we are expected to follow them.

To sum it up, my negative feelings come from the constant uncertainty I am experiencing and the now overt condescension from the top.
The idiots having lunch over at "Not quite yet Big Green" have 3 bases in southern Ontario and are actively recruiting Q400 pilots :mrgreen:

Mac08
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mac08 »

goingmissed wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:55 pm

Honestly man, I think all Westjet people within the last 10 or so years agree and have just accepted it. Not the same Westjet as before. That's just how they are now.

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

What's that old saying? Oh yeah..."NO loyalty in aviation shall go unpunished."

Return to “WestJet Encore”