Party time on Sunwing!

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Party time on Sunwing!

Post by rookiepilot »

So 3 questions:

The organizer is apparently very upset the airlines won’t fly them back under any conditions.

Too bad.

1. Don’t busses operate in Mexico? They aren't stranded.

2. Why do people think they have the right to enter private property or be served by a private business? They don’t. And a business owner doesn't need a reason to tell anyone to refuse to sell them a product or service.

3. WTF is an influencer Anyway? Not that i care.

That alone is a clue. The whole thing including the stranding in Mexico — looks like a planned stunt for someone’s YouTube channel. Get more followers. They would have done the same thing on a normally scheduled flight, I would bet, too. To get attention.

Its a reality show, live on an airliner.

It backfired. Ban em’. Let them hitchhike home.

Zero sympathy.
---------- ADS -----------

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yarLP5e ... l=Storyful

Here ya go in-flight Aer Lingus dance party, you tell me there wasn't a nip or two and the jigs/reels. That FA can really step it out.....
:partyman: :drinkers:

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

Would that be acceptable behaviour on a city bus, rapid transit, VIA train, taxi cab, Greyhound bus, etc.

CSM

If I chartered it - yes, perhaps it would be
If you OWN the airplane/bus/limo etc, it is safely parked on private property, and everyone on board is an informed, willing participant, have at it - it's none of my business.

If you are the qualified operator of the vehicle, you're operating it within the applicable regulations for passenger safety, and the passengers are behaving within the regulations and crew briefings, have at it - though there'd not be much "it" left after that.

But, the fact that you can afford/arrange to rent a ride in someone else's vehicle does not give you the right to do what you want in it! Behave like a respectful citizen!

When I was (briefly) a corporate co pilot, the passengers, being employees of the owner of the airplane, thought it was okay to bring their own booze, and get hammered on the home. It was not. We pilots would not tolerate it, and very specific company policy was applied, which pretty well said what the CARs did - do what the crew said al the time, and don't bring your own booze. The cabin seat people were a little grumpy after that, but compliant.

If there were aviation/pilot students aboard that flight, I too would expel them - wrong attitude! And, if the CAR's offense sticks, prosecute them - why would they be entitled to a let, when certainly at least some of them knew better!

I always expect to be hold myself to a standard which is at least decent, I'm unsympathetic for those who choose less for themselves!

shamrock104
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by shamrock104 »

Good on them for enjoying the Flight. In the grand scheme of things I believe Canada as a country has a lot more issues to be concerned with right now.

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

shamrock104 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:09 pm Good on them for enjoying the Flight. In the grand scheme of things I believe Canada as a country has a lot more issues to be concerned with right now.
Precisely!

Keep the dirty side down.
HavaJava
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by HavaJava »

shamrock104 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:09 pm Good on them for enjoying the Flight. In the grand scheme of things I believe Canada as a country has a lot more issues to be concerned with right now.
Amen! Such as the disturbing rise of authoritarianism, as seen all too often on this forum.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

HavaJava wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:18 am
Amen! Such as the disturbing rise of authoritarianism, as seen all too often on this forum.
You guys are free to create your "Utopian Micronation" With whatever definition you have of Utopia.
Just add one to this list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_micronations
And call it "Partytimeforall" No law, no rules, no order and no need of any vaccinations while at it.

Good luck! :mrgreen:

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Old fella wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:45 pm https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/partying-wa ... -1.5733527

Another side and angle.
As i said, and maybe why this took a week to show up in the media:

“There were “flight attendants dancing with us,” he alleged”

I have very little difficulty believing that part.

Why didn't the FA’s complain in flight if pax were that bad? Did they at all? Hmmmmm.

Definitely more to this story me thinks than a few drunk pax.

PartyWing’s silence….has been interesting. Wonder what really happened.

IF — IF true what should the penalty be for the FA’s?

IF, before everyone loses their crap….

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

I hear what you are saying rookie. Personally I think this “organizer” latest media commentary on CTV is directed at the various authorities who publicly stated the possible or could be prosecutions resulting in heavy fines. In other words, he(organizer)has evidence that is contrary to what said authorities think they have. Whether such evidence if you want to call it that is credible, that will be for the courts to decide. Perhaps legal counsel has been consulted by this event organizer dude , who knows or cares really.

In the big scheme of things, this was a non- event, nothing really happened , no damage or injuries. It indeed just may quietly fade away from a prosecution prospective and may not get(hopefully) to page five on this AvCanada thread.

By your leave :wink:

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Old fella wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:45 pm https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/partying-wa ... -1.5733527

Another side and angle.
He says that partying was allowed because he told them that they could do it?

That's not how laws work. I could explain why vaping and drinking your own alcohol on board an aircraft is prohibited, but that's something that any flight crew member should already know.

Return to “General Comments”