Party time on Sunwing!

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Captain S itmagnet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Party time on Sunwing!

Post by Captain S itmagnet »

For anyone condoning the actions of these boors…

Would that be acceptable behaviour on a city bus, rapid transit, VIA train, taxi cab, Greyhound bus, etc.

Maybe you would be ok operating a flight knowing your FA’s are facing an outnumbered situation with a bunch of entitled “influencers” ( that’s Latin for “can’t hold a real job” isn’t it ). Not me. Never. And it looks like potential damage to the cabin could be caused. My employer expects me to return the airplane that I am entrusted with intact to the best of my ability.

Better still maybe you are ok sitting on a WJ, AC or other flight with this sort of conduct around you?

If in fact any of these clowns are student pilots/ flight college students there has been a clear demonstration of lack of respect for the most basic rules of aviation as a passenger. In addition this would put their school in a bad light. Would this be grounds for expulsion? If I ran the school yes, I would want to distance myself ASAP.

I would not want to find out the hard way what they think of the regulations as they pertain to flight crew. Or are they above those rules already? No punishment equals condoning their actions. Does that lead to anarchy in the skies later? Hit ‘‘em where it hurts. No sympathy whatsoever.

CSM
---------- ADS -----------

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

Is there an English version of this?

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

Captain S itmagnet wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:20 pm For anyone condoning the actions of these boors…

Would that be acceptable behaviour on a city bus, rapid transit, VIA train, taxi cab, Greyhound bus, etc.

Maybe you would be ok operating a flight knowing your FA’s are facing an outnumbered situation with a bunch of entitled “influencers” ( that’s Latin for “can’t hold a real job” isn’t it ). Not me. Never. And it looks like potential damage to the cabin could be caused. My employer expects me to return the airplane that I am entrusted with intact to the best of my ability.

Better still maybe you are ok sitting on a WJ, AC or other flight with this sort of conduct around you?

If in fact any of these clowns are student pilots/ flight college students there has been a clear demonstration of lack of respect for the most basic rules of aviation as a passenger. In addition this would put their school in a bad light. Would this be grounds for expulsion? If I ran the school yes, I would want to distance myself ASAP.

I would not want to find out the hard way what they think of the regulations as they pertain to flight crew. Or are they above those rules already? No punishment equals condoning their actions. Does that lead to anarchy in the skies later? Hit ‘‘em where it hurts. No sympathy whatsoever.

CSM

Not disagree with the meat and potatoes of your point but the question is more accurately defined as would this be acceptable on a limousine or chartered bus

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Captain S itmagnet wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:20 pm For anyone condoning the actions of these boors…

CSM
Silly comment. Are “city bus, rapid transit, VIA train, taxi cab, Greyhound bus, etc.” Chartered out for your own personal group? This was essentially a “party plane” and if there was really a problem sunwing would have done something. But instead the media got ahold of the footage and outrage culture hit to the max. This country is just hate and division now. I am completely ashamed to be Canadian. Starting from deal leader Justin Trudeau. Every single one of your teenage kids would be on that plane taking shots of grey goose if they were invited. Losers.

kgb531
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kgb531 »

The only reason the "media" got a hold of the story is because it was released by the participants.
The only people whining about "hate and division" these days seem to fit into a certain status group. It's like the other >92% of adults aren't bothered by it at all.
Actions. Consequences.
RRJetPilot wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:54 pm

CSM
Silly comment. Are “city bus, rapid transit, VIA train, taxi cab, Greyhound bus, etc.” Chartered out for your own personal group? This was essentially a “party plane” and if there was really a problem sunwing would have done something. But instead the media got ahold of the footage and outrage culture hit to the max. This country is just hate and division now. I am completely ashamed to be Canadian. Starting from deal leader Justin Trudeau. Every single one of your teenage kids would be on that plane taking shots of grey goose if they were invited. Losers.

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

Blueontop wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:47 pm
Is there an English version of this?
My phone just auto translated it

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

If anything, this thread shows who has at some time flown a corporate jet, and who hasn't lol.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
OtherRedBaron
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by OtherRedBaron »

CSM
If I chartered it - yes, perhaps it would be.

(I will conveniently ignore the rest of your comment :mrgreen: )
RRJetPilot wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:54 pm I am completely ashamed to be Canadian.
Speak for yourself. Despite our collective failings, I am not ashamed.
(I will conveniently ignore the rest of your comment as well :mrgreen: )

RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RB211 »

…This country is just hate and division now. I am completely ashamed to be Canadian. Starting from deal leader Justin Trudeau. Every single one of your teenage kids would be on that plane taking shots of grey goose if they were invited. Losers.
Thank you for your efforts to heal the “hate and division”. 🙄

If you are so ashamed, I am pretty sure you are free to leave and even renounce your citizenship.

As far as outrage over this incident is concerned it is, to me, not unreasonable. There are definite regulations/laws that deal with unruly behaviour on an airplane. If they are old enough to travel for a Cancun party and choose to not follow those regulations/laws then they are old enough to deal with the consequences.

Being an ‘influencer’ or pseudo celebrity should not give one a special set of privileges.

Lastly, while my kids are no longer teenagers, when they were, they demonstrated a far higher level of maturity and responsibility than this group.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

RB211 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:53 pm
…This country is just hate and division now. I am completely ashamed to be Canadian. Starting from deal leader Justin Trudeau. Every single one of your teenage kids would be on that plane taking shots of grey goose if they were invited. Losers.
Thank you for your efforts to heal the “hate and division”. 🙄

If you are so ashamed, I am pretty sure you are free to leave and even renounce your citizenship.

As far as outrage over this incident is concerned it is, to me, not unreasonable. There are definite regulations/laws that deal with unruly behaviour on an airplane. If they are old enough to travel for a Cancun party and choose to not follow those regulations/laws then they are old enough to deal with the consequences.

Being an ‘influencer’ or pseudo celebrity should not give one a special set of privileges.

Lastly, while my kids are no longer teenagers, when they were, they demonstrated a far higher level of maturity and responsibility than this group.
You don’t know your kids then.

RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RB211 »

RRJetPilot wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:11 pm
You don’t know your kids then.
Touché!! That burned! 🙄🙄🙄😂😂😂😂

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

Inverted2 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:37 pm They must all be dead by now or in the ICU with the super duper deadly omicron variant? Oh wait.....
Apparently they were sticking vaseline up their noses before their test here in Canada in order to thwart the COVID test. So who knows how many of them had it before they left. Reports are that 30 of them have it now.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Bede wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:41 am This sum's it up nicely. https://nationalpost.com/opinion/chris- ... right-here
Our Man-child PM loves these kinds of distractions, he can look tough instead of the ------- he really is.

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

So much hate and judging for the partying 🎉💃🎉! Omg, the jumping up and down may have damaged the airplane! The drinking! The vaping! The horror! These people should be canceled for life! Even the PM is disappointed!

Good grief.

These people chartered their own airplane. A party plane with a DJ to ramp things up. A few minutes of video tells us very little of what went on during the flight. Although, it does tell us how judgemental most people can be.

Were the passengers given tacit approval? “Hey, it is your plane , have fun”. I wonder if the crew was invited to the party on the layover?

No one here knows the full story. Stop asking for peoples’ lives to be ruined for having a good time.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Rooster69 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:41 am So much hate and judging for the partying 🎉💃🎉! Omg, the jumping up and down may have damaged the airplane! The drinking! The vaping! The horror! These people should be canceled for life! Even the PM is disappointed!

Good grief.

These people chartered their own airplane. A party plane with a DJ to ramp things up. A few minutes of video tells us very little of what went on during the flight. Although, it does tell us how judgemental most people can be.

Were the passengers given tacit approval? “Hey, it is your plane , have fun”. I wonder if the crew was invited to the party on the layover?

No one here knows the full story. Stop asking for peoples’ lives to be ruined for having a good time.
Sunwing, like all other Canadian airlines, give passengers a briefing that is congruent with the Commercial Air Service Standards. Part of these briefings inform passengers that smoking and vaping is not allowed on board, nor is the consumption of your own alcohol.

If you are okay with people disobeying a flight crew member's instruction, you do belong in the industry. I expect every single one of my teammates on my aircraft to hold the same minimum standard as set out by regulation.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

I bet those Russian hockey coaches who were kicked off the AC flight wish they had chartered Sunwing

Liftdump
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Liftdump »

No shit, that is really funny.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

They should call them Mullet Flights ,
Business in the front , party in the back :)

Absolutely lame party flight ,zero nips , and not a naked prince or princess to be seen .
The winner for the most boring party of 2022 is this sad sacks flight of boring uninteresting tourists . Compared to the average 18-30 flight into Magaluf ( Shagaluff) this party flight looked really lame . No food , no nudity just loud and obnoxious does not constitute a party unless you are in Key West . An absolute sausage fest of boredom .
They should be banned for attempting to call this a party .
The only whores on that flight were attention whores .

Looks like a spreader event for oanists or a recruitment flight for the Incel :)

On a flight safety note : Did anyone turn the fasten seat belt signs on ?

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

Amazing how stories get reported, and changed over time.

when I first read about this one, it was before all the hoopla on social media. As I read about it then, the group got out of hand on the way down, to the point the FA's could no longer keep control of what was happening in the cabin. After they were in Mexico, the airline contacted the group rep and told them they would have to keep the group under control for the flight home. That meant no smoking or vaping, no climbing over and around the seats, and there would be no alcohol permitted. the group refused those conditions, so, the return flight was cancelled.

Only after it was cancelled did they start making a stink on social media, then the press picked it up.

Me thinks this is simply a case of 'you made your bed, now go lay in it'.

Return to “General Comments”