Finally, a cure I can get behind

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Finally, a cure I can get behind

Post by broken_slinky »

The dude is calling the "cure" pee pee? Does he still call his mommy to tell her he went poo poo too? Gets tucked in at night with his feety pajamas? Perhaps he's a closet golden showers sort of guy and the story is days from breaking on his activities with hookers in hotel rooms? :roll:
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

broken_slinky wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:36 am Gets tucked in at night with his feety pajamas?
Something wrong with that? They’re terribly practical in winter.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Vaticinator wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:53 pm
CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:42 pm Can you tell I'm fucking pissed having wasted an hour of my time
Awwww muffin. Can you tell I don't care?
Do you care that your source is shit and is basically lying to us?

TD;DR: ivermectin doesn't work for covid. There was some early promise, but all the recent trials show that it is ineffective. Some people have a weird fetish for ivermectin and are posting made-up shit like the study above to make it look like it works.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Inverted2 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:57 pm

Angry bro? :lol:
Yeah, the sheer idiocy on this covid forum is hard to take.

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

CpnCrunch wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:55 am Do you care that your source is shit and is basically lying to us?
Oh, you mean like referring to a Nobel prize winning medicine as horse dewormer?
CpnCrunch wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:57 am
Inverted2 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:57 pm

Angry bro? :lol:
Yeah, the sheer idiocy on this covid forum is hard to take.
Have you considered not reading it? The cognitive dissonance seems to be breaking you.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

Vaticinator wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:21 am Oh, you mean like referring to a Nobel prize winning medicine as horse dewormer?
How does a Nobel prize for use against parasitic infections make it automatically relevant to Covid?

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Vaticinator wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:21 am
Oh, you mean like referring to a Nobel prize winning medicine as horse dewormer?
It is horse dewormer.

Have you considered not reading it? The cognitive dissonance seems to be breaking you.
Reading what? I did read the study you posted, and I pointed out why it's dogshite. You haven't addressed that yet.

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

CpnCrunch wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:48 am
Vaticinator wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:21 am
It is horse dewormer.
Well, not exactly.
Consumption of veterinary-grade ivermectin formulations, which contain ingredients not used in human medicines,
That's from the Alberta Health paper that photofly posted.

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

CpnCrunch wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:48 am I did read the study you posted, and I pointed out why it's dogshite. You haven't addressed that yet.
You pointed out that the observations were subject to various biases and not controlled enough. Fair enough. If you feel so strongly about it, you should write PubMed and ask them to remove it. Try to keep the F bombs to a minimum. Apparently there are more strictly controlled trials underway, according to the paper posted by photo. Maybe they will find something, maybe they won't. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that you can't truthfully refer to human grade Ivermectin as horse dewormer.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Vaticinator wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:14 pm You pointed out that the observations were subject to various biases and not controlled enough. Fair enough.
That was before I read the paper. Then I realised it uses ivmeta.com, which isn't peer reviewed, and it misrepresents the data (showing 18% benefit to mortality for Together, whereas the actual study was discontinued because it was no benefit). So you're basically posting lies and misinformation. Recent studies show that there are more side effects from IVM, and no benefit.
If you feel so strongly about it, you should write PubMed and ask them to remove it.
ivmeta is a website. It's not peer reviewed and not on PubMed (which is for peer reviewed studies).
Try to keep the F bombs to a minimum.
If you come on an aviation forum spouting deliberate lies and misinformation, you're going to get some fucking f bombs.
Apparently there are more strictly controlled trials underway, according to the paper posted by photo. Maybe they will find something, maybe they won't. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that you can't truthfully refer to human grade Ivermectin as horse dewormer.
No. There HAVE BEEN quite a lot of RCTs, and they have found that there is no benefit to IVM and quite a lot of side effects.

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

Ok

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Vaticinator wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:57 pmOk
So, you're not going to address the serious problems with the study. Here is what it says:

https://ivmmeta.com/#sd_buonfrate

"Together.. (DB RCT)
18%
0.82 [0.44-1.52]
84mg"

(18% imrprovement in mortality).

But here is what the trial actually says:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58170809

"The largest and highest quality ivermectin study published so far is the Together trial at the McMaster University in Canada. It found no benefit for the drug when it comes to Covid."

Here is the info from the trial itself: https://www.togethertrial.com/trial-specifications

"Ivermectin...stopped for futility".

So, it's basically lying, and it's not peer reviewed, and it's not even quoting peer reviewed studies.

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

Ok. If you agree that it's not just horse dewormer I'll agree that you have the latest and greatest info. Great job. Now go see an anger management therapist.

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

CpnCrunch wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:23 pm
Vaticinator wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:14 pm If you feel so strongly about it, you should write PubMed and ask them to remove it.
ivmeta is a website. It's not peer reviewed and not on PubMed (which is for peer reviewed studies).
Try not to FREAK OUT, but I think I've found my error. I originally found that article through PubMed, which linked to the full article I posted. I bookmarked that link for future reference. Now, searching for it on PubMed, it appears to have been retracted, while the link I was accessing does not indicate a retraction. Lesson learned: bookmark the PubMed starting point and follow the link from there.

Return to “Covid”