Quebec to Raise Taxes on Unvaccinated

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Quebec to Raise Taxes on Unvaccinated

Post by pelmet »

Apparently a health tax is incoming.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/q ... d=msedgntp
---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Quebec to Raise Taxes on Unvaccinated

Post by Inverted2 »

He’s also going tax anyone with a BMI over 30, the mentally ill, smokers, heavy drinkers and the elderly too right?

Let’s Go Brandon
cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Inverted2 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:05 pm He’s also going tax anyone with a BMI over 30, the mentally ill, smokers, heavy drinkers and the elderly too right?
No, but probably the moron tax on people who don’t know the difference between contagious and not!
Also, I can say with certainty that if there was a needle that prevented lung cancer, every fucken smoker would line up, ok maybe not every one of them but you know, the non morons.
One other thing, in Manitoba and I’m sure other provinces, the tax on cigarettes is 60.00 per carton, not including the gst, that is supposed to go towards the inevitable health care cost, kind of pre paying for their treatment of a long drawn out illness that doesn’t overwhelm the system.
Honestly, at this stage only a fucken idiot doesn’t see the difference, why do I bother with you fucking wingnuts? I would think a top scale Jazz Captain would have half a brain, guess not!

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

I don't think you can compare the cumulative cost of an individual with lung cancer to one with Covid. Also, lung cancer ends with a different outcome.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

cdnavater wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:04 pm
Inverted2 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:05 pm He’s also going tax anyone with a BMI over 30, the mentally ill, smokers, heavy drinkers and the elderly too right?
No, but probably the moron tax on people who don’t know the difference between contagious and not!
Also, I can say with certainty that if there was a needle that prevented lung cancer, every fucken smoker would line up, ok maybe not every one of them but you know, the non morons.
One other thing, in Manitoba and I’m sure other provinces, the tax on cigarettes is 60.00 per carton, not including the gst, that is supposed to go towards the inevitable health care cost, kind of pre paying for their treatment of a long drawn out illness that doesn’t overwhelm the system.
Honestly, at this stage only a fucken idiot doesn’t see the difference, why do I bother with you fucking wingnuts? I would think a top scale Jazz Captain would have half a brain, guess not!
They’re doing it because of hospital capacity they said. If you’re saying it’s because of “contagious or not” then you as a double or triple vaccinated person obviously don’t believe the vaccines work at all.

Did you also catch that in Ontario half of the “Covid” cases in hospital are there for other reasons than Covid but were marked down as Covid because they tested positive? They’ve been skewing the numbers since day one and finally got called out for it.

Also notice they don’t publish how many vaxed vs. unvaxed cases there are every day since the vaxed population has just as high of rate of Covid as the unvaxed.

Let’s Go Brandon
fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

Obesity is a bigger drain on the health care system than Covid.
I wouldn’t be surprised if someone that is obese and vaccinated is still at higher risk than someone unvaccinated and in shape for ending up in hospital as a result of Covid.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Inverted2 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:43 pm
cdnavater wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:04 pm
They’re doing it because of hospital capacity they said. If you’re saying it’s because of “contagious or not” then you as a double or triple vaccinated person obviously don’t believe the vaccines work at all.

Did you also catch that in Ontario half of the “Covid” cases in hospital are there for other reasons than Covid but were marked down as Covid because they tested positive? They’ve been skewing the numbers since day one and finally got called out for it.

Also notice they don’t publish how many vaxed vs. unvaxed cases there are every day since the vaxed population has just as high of rate of Covid as the unvaxed.
There you go switching off your brain again, it’s contagious and a certain percent of those that catch it are going to hospital causing other procedures to be cancelled as well as overwhelming and draining the healthcare resources we have left!
The elderly can’t not be, smoking causes long drawn out illness, not usually lining up for icu beds, obese people are not typically dropping like flys except in the case of COVID, etc
Like I said in another thread, I don’t care if you fucken idiots get vaccinated or not, when there are no beds left, oh well, you made your bed now lay in it, oh wait, you can’t but don’t forget to pay your hefty idiot tax!

FOD, you need to FOCUS(@#$! off cause you’re stupid)

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Personal attacks and insults are a sign of desperation. 2 years of constant Covid B.S. is causing some of you to lose it. Flame away, the truth is coming out slowly.

No wonder the hospitals are full. Some Karen’s are testing positive and actually drivIng straight to the hospital because they are so brainwashed to fear the China virus.

Let’s Go Brandon
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

The chance of getting covid is comparable vaxxed or not.

The chance of transmitting covid is comparable vaxxed or not.

The chance of adverse outcomes is so slight vaxxed or not.

What those ICU #s aren't revealing is that in fact a lot of those unvaxxed "covid" patients are in the ICU for something else and aren't vaxxed because they can't take the vaccine medically due to other conditions.

They play you guys like fiddles though putting out misleading numbers and triggering your outrage culture.

Talk about fucking stupid.

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

Smokers pay the tax every time they buy a package of smokes. Drinkers pay the tax every trip to the liquor store.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

altiplano wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:21 am The chance of getting covid is comparable vaxxed or not.

What those ICU #s aren't revealing is that in fact a lot of those unvaxxed "covid" patients are in the ICU for something else and aren't vaxxed because they can't take the vaccine medically due to other conditions.
I think every one of those statements is false, actually. Every single one.

I suppose, to be clearer, I would have to agree on the first two that the chances are comparable, yes: when you compare them, the first one is smaller than the second. There they are, compared. But they are not the same.

There aren't really any medical conditions that mean that someone can't be vaccinated, so point 4 is false. There is an increasing number of people in hospital with COVID but not for COVID, which is to be expected as the infection rate grows among the poplulation. That's not a secret, a fairly recent phenomenon, and in itself puts a big burden on hospitals because now every area of the hospital treating people for all sorts of different conditions needs COVID isolation areas and COVID protocols.

Last edited by photofly on Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

FOD wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:25 am
cdnavater wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:01 am
Inverted2 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:43 pm

There you go switching off your brain again, it’s contagious and a certain percent of those that catch it are going to hospital causing other procedures to be cancelled as well as overwhelming and draining the healthcare resources we have left!
The elderly can’t not be, smoking causes long drawn out illness, not usually lining up for icu beds, obese people are not typically dropping like flys except in the case of COVID, etc
Like I said in another thread, I don’t care if you fucken idiots get vaccinated or not, when there are no beds left, oh well, you made your bed now lay in it, oh wait, you can’t but don’t forget to pay your hefty idiot tax!

FOD, you need to FOCUS(@#$! off cause you’re stupid)
You speak with the mind of a child. The internet is a database for all eternity of what has been said. Your fear and anger clouds your judgement and you have shown your true self. A scared, irrational and cantankerous person. Typical of the pandemicists. Now go away and leave the normal people alone. Go get the help you need.
Do you ever find that when you’re speaking to a group that thinks the same, you end up dumbing yourself down to their level? We’ll that’s where I’m at! Reason and logic and for @#$! sakes even science is dismissed by you morons! When in Rome!

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

He's not actually taxing people who have COVID - just those that refuse to protect themselves from it and from its results. But, to answer your question, I'm fairly confident if medical complications from those conditions could also be largely prevented with a couple of injections, it would a conversation worth having.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

Smoking and drinking aren't conditions. They are habits one wilfully engages in that lead to a condition. Obesity is a condition that one wilfully brings upon themself by eating too much and not moving their body enough. It requires no medical interventions to prevent or reverse. Not doing so places tremendous strain on the health care system. The prevention/cure is simple and there are no dangerous or negative side effects. If the conversation is worth having about covid vaccines, then it's certainly worth having about obesity.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

Vaticinator wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:20 pm If the conversation is worth having about covid vaccines, then it's certainly worth having about obesity.
Ontario and Quebec are both having provincial elections this year.

What will we do to ensure that one of the parties makes this part of their platform?

What party do you think is most likely to agree to this? Certainly not the Conservatives in Ontario, or the CAQ in Quebec.

Better sign a party membership card now if you want to make this happen.

Or you could vote for a fringe anti-lockdown political party that has no hope of governing. The choice is yours.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

Bingo Fuel wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:42 pm What will we do to ensure that one of the parties makes this part of their platform?

What party do you think is most likely to agree to this? Certainly not the Conservatives in Ontario, or the CAQ in Quebec.

You misunderstand. I don't want this to happen. I think fatties should be free to be as fat as they want, just like I think the unvaxxed should be free to take their chances with covid if they want. But if one choice that leads to potential burden on the system can be taxed, it should open the doors for other choices that have the same effect to be taxed as well.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

Vaticinator wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:57 pm
Bingo Fuel wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:42 pm What will we do to ensure that one of the parties makes this part of their platform?

You misunderstand. I don't want this to happen. I think fatties should be free to be as fat as they want, just like I think the unvaxxed should be free to take their chances with covid if they want. But if one choice that leads to potential burden on the system can be taxed, it should open the doors for other choices that have the same effect to be taxed as well.
Absolutely, but the Ontario Conservatives and the CAQ absolutely should not win this year's election. I think we can all agree on that.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Vaticinator wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:20 pm Smoking and drinking aren't conditions. They are habits one wilfully engages in that lead to a condition. Obesity is a condition that one wilfully brings upon themself by eating too much and not moving their body enough.
Obesity is a complex issue, sometimes it's purely dietary choice, and sometimes it's a co-condition of lots of other medical situations. But ok, for the sake of argument let's dumb it down to just one thing.
Not doing so places tremendous strain on the health care system.
I don't know that's true, in general. Some strain, but tremendous? have you done any research?
If the conversation is worth having about covid vaccines, then it's certainly worth having about obesity.
That conversation is had, periodically. It doesn't get anywhere. There are also conversations about sugar taxes and the like, in various jurisdictions.

Speaking for myself, I don't support a tax on the non-vaccinated. Partly for some of the reasons you outline.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

photofly wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:14 am
altiplano wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:21 am The chance of getting covid is comparable vaxxed or not.

I think every one of those statements is false, actually. Every single one.

I suppose, to be clearer, I would have to agree on the first two that the chances are comparable, yes: when you compare them, the first one is smaller than the second. There they are, compared. But they are not the same.

There aren't really any medical conditions that mean that someone can't be vaccinated, so point 4 is false. There is an increasing number of people in hospital with COVID but not for COVID, which is to be expected as the infection rate grows among the poplulation. That's not a secret, a fairly recent phenomenon, and in itself puts a big burden on hospitals because now every area of the hospital treating people for all sorts of different conditions needs COVID isolation areas and COVID protocols.
You are thinking in old parts of the narrative you've been fed. They've been ever so slowly walking things back you didn't even notice... and you're wrong.

1. Yes, cases in vaxxed/unvaxxed basically reflect the population now.

2. Everyone can get/transmit covid vaxxed/unvaxxed. Otherwise why the restrictions? Why the lockdowns? Why the testing? It's well documented at this point.

3. The chance of adverse outcomes has always been so so slight for the majority of people. Vaxxed/unvaxxed makes less of a difference than your general health. Thus the delta between is minimal.

4. Absolutely there are medical conditions where you can't take the vaccine. Think cancer/chemo/radiation/suppressed immunity patients, some individuals with various inflammatory diseases, and other autoimmune diseases. I personally know people in these categories that CAN'T take the vaccines.

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

Vaticinator wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:57 pm

Working with an obese pilot for one day in the same cockpit won't make me obese. Flying a few legs with a heavy smoker won't give me a case of lung cancer. THIS is the difference.

Tax them. I consider it a pre-payment for their future health care. Alternatively, refuse hospitalization if you're not vaccinated because you have already made your decision that your misguided selfishness is more important than society as a whole.This way the rest of us can get back to having non-emergency procedures done.

Return to “Covid”