Quebec to Raise Taxes on Unvaccinated

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Quebec to Raise Taxes on Unvaccinated

Post by photofly »

Vaticinator wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:18 pm Yes, the trend follows the wave. But folks are trying to justify financial penalties on the unvaccinated based on the myth that they are "clogging up" ICUs, when in fact, according to the data in Ontario there is 22% vacancy in ICU beds today. The number of covid cases in ICUs could literally double, and there would still be vacant beds. .
It isn’t anyone in Ontario that’s proposing this. What are the figures like in Quebec?
---------- ADS -----------

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

I referenced those numbers in response to another poster bringing up figures from a Toronto hospital.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

photofly wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:00 pm
altiplano wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:22 pm
You are thinking in old parts of the narrative you've been fed. They've been ever so slowly walking things back you didn't even notice... and you're wrong.
Nope, I'm abreast of the changes, thanks.
1. Yes, cases in vaxxed/unvaxxed basically reflect the population now.
Don't think so.
2. Everyone can get/transmit covid vaxxed/unvaxxed. Otherwise why the restrictions? Why the lockdowns? Why the testing? It's well documented at this point.
Restrictions are moving now to prevent overloading hospitals, rather than to prevent infection. Testing has changed, too, as I'm sure you've noticed. However, you're still less likely to get it if you're vaccinated and have a booster. And if you do get it, the outcomes are better, if you're vaccinated.
3. The chance of adverse outcomes has always been so so slight for the majority of people. Vaxxed/unvaxxed makes less of a difference than your general health. Thus the delta between is minimal.
Define "so" slight. I don't think it has been "so" slight, which is a value judgement. Think about that for a moment. If you've never felt at risk of adverse outcomes then of course you don't want to get vaccinated. But that is not based in any fact.

The general health thing is a red herring. Whatever your general health, the chance of adverse outcome is significantly better if you're vaccinated. Because there are other factors too in a population, doesn't mean vaccination isn't worthwhile for all individuals. I'll put that another way. My chances, unvaccinated, of a return to good health, may be better than yours as a vaccinated elderly person with co-morbidities, but that's an irrelevant and fallacious comparison. Both of our chances improve significantly if we are vaccinated.

4. Absolutely there are medical conditions where you can't take the vaccine. Think cancer/chemo/radiation/suppressed immunity patients, some individuals with various inflammatory diseases, and other autoimmune diseases. I personally know people in these categories that CAN'T take the vaccines.
I'm going off this document, rather than your list, https://health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/program ... nation.pdf
Look carefuly through that list, and see where yours is wrong. Then see how many conditions on that list are temporary, and people qualify for a deferral of vaccination. Then consider how many people currently in ICU have been prevented from vaccination in the last two years.
Overall your idea that patients in ICU because of COVID are there because they have been prevented from vaccination is false.
You clearly don't understand the contents of the document you posted.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Internationa ... s-82304425

Monthly fines in Greece. I wonder how it will work in Quebec.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

They backed down from it.

Let’s Go Brandon
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

FOD wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:54 am Haha, be interesting to see how they’ll get the Germans to pay for that!

versus

Return to “Covid”