CPL

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

avcraig
Rank 1
Rank 1

CPL

Post by avcraig »

Hi,

I just recently did my CPL Flight Test, I have not done the written yet as there is currently the exemption that allows you to do the flight test before the written.
NCR-022-2021- examiners conducting flight tests for the issuance of Commercial Pilot Licences - Aeroplane or Helicopter, allow examiners that do not meet the pre-requisites for the written examination until January 31, 2022
I am wondering now how long I have to do the written, and if there is a date I would need to do it by otherwise I would need to do the flight test again.

The exemption itself expires January 31, 2022 (unless of course it will be extended like last time). Although my understanding of this expiry date is you have until January 31, 2022 to do the flight test before the written, but I am not sure if it also means that if you do the flight test by that date but still don't have the written exam done, then you'd need to do the flight test again.
---------- ADS -----------

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: CPL

Post by Aviatard »

I believe CAR 421.30(5) applies:

Skill

Within the 12 months preceding the date of application for the licence, an applicant for a commercial pilot licence — aeroplane shall successfully complete a flight test as pilot-in-command of an aeroplane, in accordance with Schedule 4 “Flight Test for the Issuance of a Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane” of Standard 428 — Conduct of Flight Tests.

So you’d have to complete the written exam and application for license within 12 months of the flight test or the flight test will expire.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”