Kenn Borek Conditions

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Frosior57
Rank 0
Rank 0

Kenn Borek Conditions

Post by Frosior57 »

Hello Guys,

I am looking for informations about Kenn Borek (Salary, sched, rotations ….)

Thank you !
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Frosior57 on Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
bcpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Ken Borek Conditions

Post by bcpilot »

Rotations are typically 3 weeks on / 3 weeks off up north, and 2.5 to 5 months in Antarctica with some time off afterwards.
Salary was pretty bad, but perhaps that's changed a bit after being acquired by Canadian Helicopters.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Ken Borek Conditions

Post by Rowdy »

Just a heads up if you're sending a specific CV etc.. Two N's in Kenn Borek.

Cheers!

sendymcsendyface
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Kenn Borek Conditions

Post by sendymcsendyface »

I've got a friend that flies Twotters for them, in Antarctica. He seems to really like it. I think he did dispatch for them in Calgary for awhile before he got a seat.

Roar
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roar »

My views on Borek are dated (over a decade ago), things could be different now.
My experience with them was on the King Airs and it was hands down the worst company I've ever worked for, the maintenance was atrocious to non-existent ( I will qualify that by saying that was on the King Air. The Twin Otter and Basler appeared to have better maintenance. The King Airs were treated like the Red-headed step children). There was a company wide culture of Normalization of Deviance, because its the Arctic and that's how its always been done....didn't matter if it was wrong that's just the way it is.
I sincerely hope things have changed, but for me it's the only place I've worked that everyday was a fight or argument to operate within the rules.

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
gabo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by gabo »

Pay is shit and the 3 on 3 off schedule is a bit of a pipe dream, might be as much as 5-6 weeks on and usually your time off isn’t respected. Also no bonus pay if you work a longer shift, just gotta suck it up

JGM_007
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JGM_007 »

Does anyone know if they will hire FO’s with 250 TT with Multi/IFR?

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

gabo wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:46 pm Pay is shit and the 3 on 3 off schedule is a bit of a pipe dream, might be as much as 5-6 weeks on and usually your time off isn’t respected. Also no bonus pay if you work a longer shift, just gotta suck it up
JGM_007 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:44 pm Does anyone know if they will hire FO’s with 250 TT with Multi/IFR?
Exhibit A as to why Canadians get paid shit.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
Livinthedream87
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Livinthedream87 »

JGM_007 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:44 pm Does anyone know if they will hire FO’s with 250 TT with Multi/IFR?
Hire yes... directly onto a plane most likely not. they will take you on as a Flight follower or if your lucky put you on the DC3 as an FA for 6 months or so. Depending on what they need after that you will get the BE20/BE02 or Twin Otter. If your only interested in getting on as a Pilot get some time and apply once your 500+.

Return to “Employment Forum”