Those hospitalized for comorbidities a "bigger burden" on hospitals

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Those hospitalized for comorbidities a "bigger burden" on hospitals

Post by Vaticinator »

Time to tax them, I guess.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/some-pat ... -1.6318059
"Incidental COVID patients actually have potentially a longer length of stay, and higher mortality ... they actually should be considered a bigger burden on the system than being described as incidental cases," he said.
---------- ADS -----------

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Those hospitalized for comorbidities a "bigger burden" on hospitals

Post by imjustlurking »

Vaticinator wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:32 am Time to tax them, I guess.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/some-pat ... -1.6318059
"Incidental COVID patients actually have potentially a longer length of stay, and higher mortality ... they actually should be considered a bigger burden on the system than being described as incidental cases," he said.
Getting vaccinated is free, easy, and an effective way are greatly reducing your risk of serious complications from COVID.

Stop pretending that there's no easy and effective way to do your part.

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

I didn't say anything about vaccines. But since you brought it up, I found mine to be free and easy, as you say. I've also done the not free and not easy work of keeping myself free from preventable comorbidities, which is what this post is about. Have you done the work? Did you know that carrying belly fat can reduce vaccine effectiveness? We wouldn't want that.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

It’s impossible for you NOT to say anything about vaccines, given your user name.

I don’t think it was your honest intent, but it doesn’t do any harm to remind people that for many, losing weight is a way to better long term health. Thanks for the point-out.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Vaticinator wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:06 am I didn't say anything about vaccines. But since you brought it up, I found mine to be free and easy, as you say. I've also done the not free and not easy work of keeping myself free from preventable comorbidities, which is what this post is about. Have you done the work? Did you know that carrying belly fat can reduce vaccine effectiveness? We wouldn't want that.
Getting vaccinated is free, easy, and an effective way are greatly reducing your risk of serious complications from COVID.

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

photofly wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:22 am It’s impossible for you NOT to say anything about vaccines, given your user name.
My user name has nothing to do with vaccines. You're confused. That seems to be a trend recently.

Last edited by Vaticinator on Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

imjustlurking wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:24 am Getting vaccinated is free, easy, and an effective way are greatly reducing your risk of serious complications from COVID.
I could have sworn you already mentioned that.
Vaticinator wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:06 am I didn't say anything about vaccines. But since you brought it up, I found mine to be free and easy, as you say. I've also done the not free and not easy work of keeping myself free from preventable comorbidities, which is what this post is about. Have you done the work? Did you know that carrying belly fat can reduce vaccine effectiveness? We wouldn't want that.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Vaticinator wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:41 am
imjustlurking wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:24 am Getting vaccinated is free, easy, and an effective way are greatly reducing your risk of serious complications from COVID.
I could have sworn you already mentioned that.
Yes, I was redirecting you back to the point after you tried to steer it in a different direction.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Vaticinator wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:40 am
photofly wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:22 am It’s impossible for you NOT to say anything about vaccines, given your user name.
My user name has nothing to do with vaccines. You're confused. That seems to be a trend recently.
Your username may not have been intended to have anything to do with vaccines, but that’s the pretty clear message it gives.

Now is any “confusion” on that point the fault of the reader, or the person who six weeks ago chose a username similar to Vaccinator and in 150 posts writes about nothing else?

So I’m comfortable with my interpretation of your username, thanks!

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

photofly wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:38 am Now is any “confusion” on that point the fault of the reader
Yes. Of course it is. If you're confused, the dictionary can help. It's under "V" which is near the back.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Return to “Covid”