Panel Interview

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

shadow17
Rank 0
Rank 0

Panel Interview

Post by shadow17 »

Hey everyone! Finally getting some movement after pandemic shut down my interview back in March 2020. Had my interview in November, and have no scheduled the next phase (panel interview) for next week. Wondering if anyone has done this and has any insight into how it goes?

Thanks for the help in advance!
---------- ADS -----------

MaintainVFR
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Panel Interview

Post by MaintainVFR »

shadow17 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:16 am Hey everyone! Finally getting some movement after pandemic shut down my interview back in March 2020. Had my interview in November, and have no scheduled the next phase (panel interview) for next week. Wondering if anyone has done this and has any insight into how it goes?

Be prepared to answer behavioural questions. Tell me about a time you had to cope with stress, something about how you work in a team, those sorts of things. If it has been a long time since you were in formal education then you can expect a question about study habits and how you plan to transition to learning. Google can provide you some examples of other behavioural questions.

You should also be able to demonstrate some knowledge of what Nav Canada does and not just the ATC and FSS side of things.

If you know who is going to be in your panel then LinkedIn or google may be able to provide you with background on the group. That can allow you to ask tailored questions towards them later on in the interview.

VFRDreamer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Panel Interview

Post by VFRDreamer »

shadow17 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:16 am Hey everyone! Finally getting some movement after pandemic shut down my interview back in March 2020. Had my interview in November, and have no scheduled the next phase (panel interview) for next week. Wondering if anyone has done this and has any insight into how it goes?

Hey, so first off, congrats! As far the panel goes I would suggest you prep how you would for any interview.
Make sure you are 5 min early. (I remember being 20 min early and literally waiting for an acceptable time to buzz the gate). Read all the instructions on who to contact and how to get into facility. Look professional and presentable. Ensure you understand as much as you can about the company and the three streams(IFR, VFR & FSS). Come up with a couple of questions you could ask so you seem prepared.

You will be interviewed by the training department of your region. It’s pretty hard to mess up the interview so long as you are prepared, professional and eager you will be good. Best of luck and enjoy!

Best of luck!

-VFRDreamer

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”